Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

how to up solo mmr

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » how to up solo mmr 21 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » March 29, 2015 3:15am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

While the replays you've lost are definitely the most important, start by looking at the replays where you won and feel you had a big impact in the game.

I'm going to have to disagree with you big time, you don't look at the games you've stomped because you don't learn anything. You'll maybe see some small mistakes here and there but those little nitpicks are not nearly as important as decision making, if I didn't carry that game and make so much space you wouldn't have had that farm.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1343124482
Remember this game? I basically ****ed around and tried to see if you guys can carry without me. You guys couldn't and especially you Xyrus had a problem farming too much and made very little impact. Relied on other players to make impact and space for you.

You're suppose to look at games where you're pressured especially if it was a very close game, win or loss. You also have to look at the games got stomped at and see if you could've done anything different or avoid something that snowballed the game. Look at replays where you think you could've won but didn't and watch what YOU did specifically. Don't look at other teammates, just focus how YOU played from a spectator point of view. It's pointless to look at games you've stomped, it's only to make yourself feel better.
If you cannot see what's wrong with your gameplay then have someone that is very high skilled review the game for you. Check out Aui_2000's replay analysis, they're really good.

Here's the first one:

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved