Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

how to up solo mmr

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » how to up solo mmr 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » March 15, 2015 12:44pm | Report
I am a lvl 57 dota player, but only a 1.7k mmr. I want to move up, but i'm stuck here. In most of my games, i have the least deaths and most farm unless i'm a hard support, and never the most deaths on the team.

Most of the time when i lose, there are one or two people on my team who kept on feeding and the carries dont farm properly. This one game i had, i was playing dp and got all their tier 1 in 15min. Up till the 20 min mark, pa only had boots of speed and a helm of iron will. I told him to farm and he went and got a basher which he finished at 40min, then went to build bf. The weaver rushed drums and stayed with a mithril hammer until 40min where he got maelstorm.

When i lose, this is typically what my team is like. How do i win with people like this in my team.

My matches are about 50/50, and i've been stuck here for a long time.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperKamiGuru2.0 » March 15, 2015 1:22pm | Report
Pick snowballing mids which are dependant on outlaning your opponents to snowball, if you truly are better it'll be ez mmr.
P.S I'm 1k mmr myself ;-;

SuperKamiGuru2.0

Steam: TheFabulousHunter
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » March 15, 2015 2:51pm | Report
I completely dominated mid with dp, but the other lanes lost too badly for me to be of enough use in lategame. I could only kill 2 of them when they gangrape me 5v1

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperKamiGuru2.0 » March 15, 2015 3:07pm | Report
Well I dont consider dp that good of a snowballer but another thing is, you're not the only one who will always get **** team mates, chances are the opponent team will also have a stupid player.
Good suggestions for a snowballers would be Ember Spirit , Storm Spirit and Shadow Fiend

SuperKamiGuru2.0

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » March 15, 2015 3:54pm | Report
I know the enemy team has **** players too, i picked off their Zeus and bara too easily for them to be "good". The thing is, i cant win the game, and my carries suck at farming and make stupid item choices. And that game, their supports helped them win every teamfight. I was literally the only one that survived any teamfights after 30min while they had close to no casualties

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » March 15, 2015 4:54pm | Report
If you feel you are the strongest player on your team, then you should be able to do enough heavy lifting to carry your team to victory, most of the time. Lock in a core hero, and go to work.

This won't always hold true, and there will be times where a game is unwinnable, but you just need to win 2 out of 3 games to climb in MMR.

There's a reason really good players can climb to 6-7k MMR, regardless of how their team perform.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » March 15, 2015 5:00pm | Report
I'm really trying but so far i only win 1 out of 2

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » March 15, 2015 5:07pm | Report
masaaki14 wrote:

I'm really trying but so far i only win 1 out of 2

That's fine, but you will need to turn some of those losses into wins if you want to increase that MMR.

If you're not able to, then I'd say you're about where you should be in terms of rank.

There is no magical MMR raising trick unfortunately. I suppose you could spam 'Flavour of the Month' heroes, like Troll Warlord and Sniper, to potentially increase. Both of these are extremely good in this patch, and simple to play.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperKamiGuru2.0 » March 15, 2015 5:11pm | Report
Can you play Meepo , that hero gives ez mmr.

edit= what's your steam name? let's play together. :D

SuperKamiGuru2.0

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » March 16, 2015 12:15pm | Report
I'm masaaki14, anyone who wants to play tgt is welcome too add me

masaaki14

Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved