Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fairly new player from LoL,need help deciding on heroes to start with

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Fairly new player from LoL,need help deciding on heroes to start with 13 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sinister Strife » January 16, 2014 1:01pm | Report
@Wulfstan I think I get your point. I already kinda figured that Dota 2 didn't exactly have a replacement role for AP Carries,so I was just wondering who takes their place at mid. And I guess I forgot that there are still casters,like the ones you mentioned,they just don't all have a specific stat in common. They're still bursty,rely on ability usage and gaining levels to strengthen said abilities,and can gank well. So as far as getting their job done,it's actually not too different from League. Basically anyone that can function as an assassin/ganker/roamer works well.

Also,sorry for the misusage of the term orbwalking. I guess technically the term I was talking about was stutter stepping. I will keep your tip in mind though. I do know that A + Click is bound to Attack Move. It might take some getting used to though, since there's a quickcast/smarcast version of that on League,but there's no smartcast on Dota(For abilities OR Attack Moving),so I'm gunna have to get out of the habit of simply pressing A,gotta click too.

Sinister Strife

Steam: Sinister Strife
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 16, 2014 1:04pm | Report
Afaik there is smartcast in Dota, but it is not used that often because more often than not it can backfire really bad, a smart casted Chronosphere for example has a really high chance on backfiring onto your team.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » January 20, 2014 3:13pm | Report
  • Bloodseeker is also a prime choice for solo mid, as it gives him easy access to the side lanes for ganking. Blood Bath gives Bloodseekersignificant staying power in lane, healing him whenever he last hits or denies a creep.
  • Kunkka is also a solo midder. His spell Tidebringer is his signature ability, and should usually be trained early and maxed out first.
  • Clockwerk is a formidable ganker with nice farming capabilities who can be effective even with very few items in the early and mid game. This makes you comfortable at almost any lane; side lane, mid lane or solo lane are all viable options. Battery Assault works as a ministun, and is effective for interrupting channeled spells or teleports. This prevents heroes from casting spells with extended cast times. Clockwerk has two very powerful escape mechanisms in Power Cogs and Hookshot. Use them to enter fights or escape.
  • Spirit Breaker really good solo mid. Ss a powerful ganker type melee strength Hero that concentrates on taking out single targets, while lacking in larger team fights. Use Charge of Darkness to get close, stun your target, and make him vulnerable to your attacks.
    Nether Strike deals major damage to the target enemy and teleports behind them, wherever they go. You can use this to catch blinking or teleporting enemies before they get away.
    Greater Bash deals more damage depending on Spirit Breaker's movement speed. Getting items that increase movement speed, such as Sange and Yasha and Drum of Endurance, will greatly improve your damage.
    Chaining together Charge of Darkness with Nether Strike can deal high amounts of burst damage in a very short amount of time.

Kissing is like drinking salted water. You drink, and your thirst increases. ~Chinese Proverb
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved