Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Building items true cost

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Building items true cost 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Aurum19 » October 13, 2012 10:37pm | Report
Ok when you buy recepie items where is th cost for the item adjusted for the recepie on. you have. For example if you are buildingSatanic which costs 6150, and you buy the helm of dominance, where is the new price label of the satanic? Because the price never seems to change l.

Aurum19

Steam: Aurum19
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 14, 2012 3:44am | Report
The prince never changes, the prince is always the same, but you can see how much each item costs, for example, Satanic is made of Helm of the Dominator which is 1850, Reaver which is 3200 and Satanic's recipe which is 1100.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Melderv » October 14, 2012 9:58am | Report
I see that the question has already been answered. To add to the point, DotA required math from every player. While Dota 2 gives both older and newer players convenience, especially in the shop system, not everything has to be spoonfed to the players. As you play more games, recipe costs will be second-nature.

Melderv

Steam: Melderv
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » October 15, 2012 12:06am | Report
I'm assuming you came from LoL, so you are used to buying items that build into your final item.

For example, if you were to build a Rabadons Deathcap, you would purchase a Needlessly Large Rod and a Blasting Wand, and pay another 1140 gold for the Deathcap itself.

In Dota, buying the item itself is similar to buying a recipe. For example, if you wanted to buy a Satanic, you would a buy a Reaver, a Helm of the Dominator, and the recipe. If you have all three items, it will automatically combine the three items into your Satanic.

Hope that helps. :)

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wilddeonpwn » October 17, 2012 12:17am | Report
A
L of the above

wilddeonpwn

Established (102)
Steam: wilddeonpwn
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved