Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bad attitudes of player base.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Bad attitudes of player base. 31 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Demolibium » May 15, 2013 10:00pm | Report
Sando wrote:

I try hard to only report people for genuine abuse or intentional bad play, and thank/commend people who play for the team and help out. It's amazing what sharing a few tangos can do!

Exactly xD

Demolibium

Steam: Danté's Demon
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TenshiN » May 15, 2013 10:31pm | Report
Well, i seem to be pretty high up, but my pubs will always end up with one team being full of people who just systematically die once or twice in a minute without doing anything worthwhile... GG is like 1 game out of 50, others are mostly a 1-sided bash, whatever the side is.
Don't follow a path. Make your own!

TenshiN

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PrinceOfNothing » May 16, 2013 2:11am | Report
Sacha wrote:

People blame you for their own mistakes. Or blame you for getting killed when they don't report missing. Or call you a feeder for being ganked by Riki / BH. It's starting to get on my nerves it is every game.

I'm not even playing that badly, honestly. I played worse in my first few games and people were nice about it offering help.

How do you guys cope with this level of behavior it is intolerable!

Hi Sacha...
In general, I have the same feeling... its hard to find a nice and polite party in this game. I dont like it, but im not surprised, its always the same in this kind of games... I love MOBA,s and I really love DOTA 2 (awesome game) but your words are very right, I specially agree with : "People blame you for their own mistakes" omg, wise words.

PrinceOfNothing

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Entenei » May 16, 2013 3:51am | Report
Try and find some nice people to play with, add them on steam and play with them. ignore people like taht as they rage no matter what you do.
Also I think the low prio system sucks, getting put in because anyone reports you for anything is just bad! Also this whole muting thing is just as bad, playing a team game where u cant communicate with the team ruins it for EVERYONE.
Maybe try find some people on here to play with if you are struggling with getting people in pubs, I am always up for new people to play with so gimme a shout if u want.

Entenei

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by cache » May 17, 2013 7:03am | Report
im exactly the same!!

been playing almost 40 hours now, play with friends is fine, play online and you get people who are TOO new for me and we just lose every game, its not fun to play and i get no wins next to my name.

add me if you fancy partying up and same goes for anyone :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cacheis1337

cache

Steam: cachetheenglishman!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » May 17, 2013 7:08am | Report
Try to add players that you like in a match, and stick with them. When you have a party of three you can at least make sure your team has some basic structure. And report those who are abusive.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JustDota » August 6, 2013 9:40am | Report
Hey fellas i am new as well. I am from US and am open to play most evenings (central time). Steam name is SecretCorvo7 and would be happy to party up. Like i said i am new so please don't expect anything crazy from me but i am getting a decent grasp on the concepts.
I am terrible but such things shall change!

JustDota

Steam: SecretCorvo7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RHBallistic » August 25, 2013 6:02pm | Report
Was just browsing these forums between games and saw this thread, thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

I'm SERIOUSLY digging this game so far (about 50 games in), but it has, FAR AND AWAY, the single most despicably immature and disgusting community base I've ever encountered. The games I've played in make XBox Live look like a nuclear physicist class reunion. I can't recall a single game without at least one or two drooling ***hat trolls.

I'm really hoping this gets at least mildly better once I'm good enough to exit the trench bracket, because it is fun-sucking. Also, where are all the DOTA2 guilds? And how does one go about joining one? There seems to be in-game support if you are already in one, but ZERO support for those looking to find one.

RHBallistic

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Faust87 » August 27, 2013 2:48am | Report
Actually, RHBallistic, you can find guilds in this very own forum.
Anyway I understand how you guys are feeling, I'm almost never play pub games anymore because they are too frustrating: people are abusive and, worst of all, they keep disconnecting. Seriously, if you don't have time to play a long match DON'T PLAY AT ALL. I'm not talking only about those people that disconnet when they see their team losing, there a lots of people disconnecting at the beginning of the game, thus ruining the match for their whole team :/ I'm not exaggerating when I say that in every pub match there's at least one person that goes afk in the first few minutes.
I'm glad I'm in a guild so I can play with friedly people that are actually interested in the game, or I would have abandoned Dota now :/

Faust87

Notable (1)
Steam: Faust
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DadiSingkit » September 30, 2013 2:00am | Report
That's why guild, team and friends are a feature in the DotA 2 community. If it would make you feel any better OP, I may have not yet see you play but I can tell I suck worse than you, and so obviously people flame me harder. But there are still some rare people who are willing to help me. Maybe add me so we can learn together? Or like what the other posted, just play with friends 'till you get better and ignore the trolls in pub games.

P.S. if you are really the wrong one, don't talk back when they blame you, they are humans too they also may sometimes get very emotional(especially when they have a 22 losing game streak the whole week)

DadiSingkit

Notable (2)
Steam: Dadisingkit

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved