Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

You Know You Suck At Your Job When...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » You Know You Suck At Your Job When... 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » August 17, 2015 8:38pm | Report
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1714648513

i was just so done with **** that day I decided to go Riki. I picked a 10 seconds so they countered with BH and Slardar. and I still won. Lucky me.
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » August 18, 2015 1:20am | Report
They were probably to ******ed to buy some dust/sentries as well so they can catch you out.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » August 18, 2015 1:55pm | Report

They were probably to ******ed to buy some dust/sentries as well so they can catch you out.

That doesn't make sense mate, the point is they didn't even need dust or sentries since they had two abilities that grant true vision. Blubbles just beat them anyways :D wp!

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 18, 2015 3:16pm | Report
ChiChi wrote:

That doesn't make sense mate, the point is they didn't even need dust or sentries since they had two abilities that grant true vision. Blubbles just beat them anyways :D wp!

...you have to reveal Riki before you can Track/Amplify Damage him. FailFish

Besides, if rely on those abilities alone, once Riki picks up a Diffusal Blade, he can laugh at you all day long. In order to keep a Riki with Diffu revelead, you 1st have to use your ability, force him to use Diffu defensivbely, then pop Dust, then use your Ability again for extra Gold/Damage.

It's actually quite easy for Riki to go on a Slardar or Bounty Hunter early on since they can't fight back very well under Smokescreen. If there's some way of holding them in place, they can even die to him, although Bash helps to survive the Smoke Screen.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » August 18, 2015 4:16pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Besides, if rely on those abilities alone, once Riki picks up a Diffusal Blade, he can laugh at you all day long. In order to keep a Riki with Diffu revelead, you 1st have to use your ability, force him to use Diffu defensivbely, then pop Dust, then use your Ability again for extra Gold/Damage.

not trying to defend Riki (he is trash haha) but Track and Amp. Dmg have 4/5 second cooldowns. Im pretty sure if you stay in groups with Dust theres no way the diffusal is gonna have enough charges to purge it all.
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » August 18, 2015 4:30pm | Report
True enough, but if your reactions are fast enough, you can purge off the Dust with your Diffusal Blade before they can Track/Amplify Damage you. And dust has a pretty significant cooldown, I believe.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » August 18, 2015 4:58pm | Report
I buy a manta if I get countered by truesight.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » August 18, 2015 5:17pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

not trying to defend Riki (he is trash haha) but Track and Amp. Dmg have 4/5 second cooldowns. Im pretty sure if you stay in groups with Dust theres no way the diffusal is gonna have enough charges to purge it all.
[/quote]
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 18, 2015 5:27pm | Report
Just pick Slark and Dark Pact everything.

But yeah, there's a reason why Guardian Greaves on a fat Riki is sometimes a good option.

Diffusal to purge dust, Greaves to purge Amp, and Manta to purge Track.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » August 18, 2015 6:09pm | Report
Throw in a Eul's Scepter of Divinity to purge the other support's dust and you're all set. :p

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved