Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The International 5

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The International 5 467 posts - page 22 of 47
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 4, 2015 2:09pm | Report
Fun fact, that was only the second time Na'Vi have run Lina this patch. At least that's what the in-game stats man said.

As for the Io pick; I think they wanted something that would help mid, because it's very hard to lane against a Shadow Fiend and an Earthshaker. Lina can do it solo, but its still an extremely hard lane.

Like, you could say have the Dazzle help Lina mid, but it's not really something the hero is that good at. And name a hero that was still in the pool that's better at helping mid than the Io? Especially helping a hero with a lot of spam, and against a pair of heroes with massive kill potential.

Plus, they had a pretty mobile line-up for ganks, with Tusk and AM being able to gap close, so there was a lot of Relocate potential with Dendi, the Tether sustain would in theory let XBOCT fight above his weight (Which is really important against VG's line-up given how greedy it was. It was a tri-core line-up, AM needed something to help him being a stronger core). Likewise it would let them rat better because an AM with Relocate can do a lot of base damage in a very short time, which again lets the line-up scale later.

It wasn't the most typical Io game, but I think it was still a justifiable one.

Na'Vi had two issues; XBOCT acting like XBOCT in a game where he absolutely couldn't afford to do that, and Na'Vi getting out-drafted. Since that felt like an outdraft to me.

EDIT; I guess what I'm saying is; It's really hard to pick a line-up that Io is a bad pick in. There are line-ups it shouldn't be picked against, but what the hero does means he can fit in virtually any draft.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » August 4, 2015 5:05pm | Report
How the hell are you guys bashing xboct? I don't think he's a great player or anything, be he for sure didn't screw up that game (he had one dumb death and some other minor mistakes).
If anyone lost Na'vi this game it's dendi and artstyle.

Dendi spent 10-15 mins in the trees trying to pick off someone, meanwhile vici ofc was 5 manning all game because they were playing against a wisp to stop pick offs. His farm from min 35 till the end was really bad.
Artstyle gave weave multiple times to rubick, he had like 1 good grave and that's it. (not to mention that last grave on himself but w/e they lost at that point probably).

Xboct sure screws up a lot, but in that game him and sonneiko were their best players.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 4, 2015 5:18pm | Report
XBOCT's play at top lane where he stayed in the trees longer than he should do, and blew his 10 second BKB charge. That mistake then cost them Rosh and two kills. As well as farming the Dire jungle at a time he shouldn't have and getting killed as a result.

Yes, he made big plays involving the racks top lane. But he still made way too many mistakes that were very much XBOCT mistakes.

In essence, whilst it was not as crazy as XBOCT is known for, he still made some really big mistakes in that game. But really everyone buy Sonneko did. I guess Funn1k never made any big mistakes, but he just didn't do a lot.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » August 4, 2015 5:50pm | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

XBOCT's play at top lane where he stayed in the trees longer than he should do, and blew his 10 second BKB charge. That mistake then cost them Rosh and two kills. As well as farming the Dire jungle at a time he shouldn't have and getting killed as a result.

Yes, he made big plays involving the racks top lane. But he still made way too many mistakes that were very much XBOCT mistakes.

In essence, whilst it was not as crazy as XBOCT is known for, he still made some really big mistakes in that game. But really everyone buy Sonneko did. I guess Funn1k never made any big mistakes, but he just didn't do a lot.

Yes, that was a big mistake sure, but it wasn't the play that lost them the game.
You are really underating how much Na'vi lost because of dendi being in the trees for 15 mins.
Because all of that waiting he lost at least 5k gold, which is HUGE.
If he had refresher, he could burst luna, and AM would kill sf with abyssal.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » August 4, 2015 6:16pm | Report
Here we go, it's the Battle of America!

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 4, 2015 6:58pm | Report
Fedorable wrote:

Here we go, it's the Battle of America Pauses!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 4, 2015 7:14pm | Report
One day Valve, you will be able to run a tournament that goes off without any major hitches.

Tbh, if nothing else the Major's will force it, since I imagine they'll be things like ESL and DAC which ran more smoothly than this. If the events are held by companies that have good track records for this sort of thing, then TI will probably be made to improve as a result.

I know they are probably external issues, but it's still a little sad given how well things were going during the groups.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 4, 2015 7:32pm | Report
Missed the beginning of the game, opened the stream when pauses started, gj me+valve.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » August 4, 2015 7:41pm | Report
According to the folks at the analyst desk, TI5 is being DDOS'd. The biggest esport event of the year and it isn't equipped to defend against a ddos attack. #Whylive

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 4, 2015 8:00pm | Report
In which case thanks to whichever bastard is trying to show how clever he is by doing this.

And like, at the very least this will make Valve make DOTAtv work for a LAN setting next year. Since that's part of the problem as it is, in that if it was a LAN, you wouldn't be able to watch it.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved