Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The ideas to change Venomancer - Rework.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The ideas to change Venomancer - Rework. 73 posts - page 4 of 8
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 17, 2014 5:53am | Report
i like the internet quote better hahahaha....

>f.e.a.r. makes thread on changes to lina
>advocates passive skill which gives her permanent bonus damage and a/s when ever a spell is cast with 5000 range.
>makes agahnims upgrade for laguna blade chain hit for full damage up to 5 enemy units
>ask fire breath be changed to a stat reduction spell where the reduction applys damage to a % of the full reduction multiplied by kyfoid post comments then added to kyfoid thread counts.

lina insta banned in all pro games for ever

ice frog blows up volvo hq

world descends into chaos

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 17, 2014 11:54am | Report
sulaxrox wrote:

In the next troll post: why we should change Crystal Maiden
Base Movement increased to 425
Base Strength gain increased to 3.5
Frostbite stun duration increased to 7 seconds

If you think this is troll than you should stop posting comments.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 17, 2014 12:08pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

i can actually see that haha ...

>makes thread about inane and unrealistic changes for a support hero
> dotafire explodes with wtf responses
>smiles
>clicks his claws together
> woop woop woop woop woop woop woop woop woop

>on the internet, no one knows your a kyfoid

It's not insane. I don't care if you think this a joke. I said I clearly wanted to discuss about this and you got no rights to say NO.

Well, I remember him being played as a core Hero if I'm not mistaken: I actually heard it from older players, and with "older" I mean the time when the Vanguard was so strong everyone built it on every single Hero including ranged ones (and Veno).

I believe off-lane Venomancer was played some time ago too, but I don't think he's a viable hard carry because of the lack of scaling abilities.

What Peppo says it's rights Smuggels but you don't actually quite get it don't you. I remember games how I used to play against a Venomancer with Power Treads, Vanguard, Shadow Blade, Ethereal Blade and other DPS items. Venomancer was 1 vs 5 no one couldn't kill him. Every player that I've seen that time build Venomancer like that. That gave me experience and I started to play him like they did though my build was different. When I started to play Dota 2 for a year now. When I saw Venomancer support I was like "DAFUQ is this". Do you know what Valve says about Venomancer? Note that the Valve recommended items are not for playing a support style Venomancer. You think that you're just making fun out of me cause I'm wrong and the oldest of players are wrong about Venomancer(I'm one them to not oldest but old one) lets not mention Vengeful Spirit to. Do not compare me with Kyfoid cause I'am not even similar to Kyfoid. What I'm saying is the truth if you don't accept don't argue about it.

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » February 17, 2014 12:16pm | Report
Veno isn't a carry bro, if it's really that important that you need to be absolutely correct, rub your stomach tubby, because you're right, and even get a gold star next to your name, is that good? Alright, you're starting arguments over moot points, do you get paid to play dota? We should maybe refer to pro games eh? Oh so Veno has been a core hero a few times, cute, doesn't mean he's a carry, neither is venge, she can build damage. Venge and Veno still primarily for support roles better, neither one will out carry a real carry, and seriously, please I can be scolded, banned, or what not, we trolled your either incredibly ignorant, or obvious troll remarks, so put your glasses back on numbnuts, stop your *****ing, obviously buy some damn , words, and stop stealing the nice folks oxygen, in other words: **** off
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » February 17, 2014 12:43pm | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

It's not insane. I don't care if you think this a joke. I said I clearly wanted to discuss about this and you got no rights to say NO.

What I'm saying is the truth if you don't accept don't argue about it.

dude, i tried to be as objective as i could possibly be up to this point ....but your line of argument is giving me cancer here!

you literally have not brought up ONE VALID REASON on why venomancer should possibly be a carry. All you did so far, was stating some SUBJECTIVE opinions of yours and some links to a few games were your builds actually turned out to work. I once played against a carry lich (with Daedalus, Mjollnir and an Orchid Malevolence) and he totally crushed our team (i might want to add, that this was withing my first ~50 games of dota^^)...yet i would never even think of calling Lich a carry, although your logic so far would apply.

So for the love of god: Please, please stop supporting your claims with JUST subjective opinions and trench-pub-statscreens. If you realy want to argue about Venomancers carry potential, then analyze his skills and make objective and fact-based statements!

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 17, 2014 12:53pm | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

What Peppo says it's rights Smuggels but you don't actually quite get it don't you. I remember games how I used to play against a Venomancer with Power Treads, Vanguard, Shadow Blade, Ethereal Blade and other DPS items. Venomancer was 1 vs 5 no one couldn't kill him. Every player that I've seen that time build Venomancer like that. That gave me experience and I started to play him like they did though my build was different. When I started to play Dota 2 for a year now. When I saw Venomancer support I was like "DAFUQ is this".

That's the problem, your ideas on Venomancer would have been valid in the old Meta, but this is the new Meta. DOTA is a constantly evolving game, you don't have to like everything that works in the Competetive scene (personally, I hate seeing Nyx Assassin played as an Offlaner again), but you need to move on and accept that things change.

What you're asking for is a step back in a game that's constantly trying to move forward. By all means, continue trying to play Venomancer as a Position 1 and make it work, but bear in mind, this is now an unconventional way to play him, as his strengths have shifted over the years to make him a strong Support.
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

Do you know what Valve says about Venomancer? Note that the Valve recommended items are not for playing a support style Venomancer.

The Valve "recommended" Item builds are almost entirely worthless (Lycanthrope is the one decent-ish build I can think of). This is because they're also based on out of date builds. Sadly the game keeps changing too fast for Valve to adequately update each Item + "Role" Tag for each Hero without confusing newer players.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 17, 2014 1:12pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:
That's the problem, your ideas on Venomancer would have been valid in the old Meta, but this is the new Meta. DOTA is a constantly evolving game, you don't have to like everything that works in the Competetive scene (personally, I hate seeing Nyx Assassin played as an Offlaner again), but you need to move on and accept that things change.

Yes I do agree Xyrus but I still relay on playing Venomancer semi-carry even Dendi does. But that doesn't mean that I'm trying actually to play like Dendi. It's my own way of play style. I'm surely no one can say to Dendi stop playing Venomancer semi-carry. And I will say again I do accept the changes. Why was Venomancer hard-carry back then? Because Guinsoo use to make Dota and Guinsoo was a major let's say buffer and all heroes Str, Agi and Int were made to carry. Even today's Venomancer in Guinsoos versions hes hard carry with the same spells but it's different now and he is semi-carry. Play with me Xyrus and you'll see. If you don't want I'm not forcing you or if your thinking is that I'm just a nab pub player who's been playing for years.

PS: If LoL champions be reworked and so can Dota heroes to. Don't say that I'm comparing LoL with Dota it's just an example.

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 17, 2014 1:34pm | Report
duude.

when you say dendi plays semi-carry veno,you should also keep in mind that he is one of the best players in the world.
He plays that way because he CAN. he has the aptitude and the talent to make that happen. we just don't.Sure you can play him semi carry,no problemo. But playing semi-carry veno will be under utilization of his skillset.

LoL makes OP heroes then nerfs them.look at the new patch you'll understand

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 17, 2014 3:28pm | Report
L0bstz0r wrote:

dude, i tried to be as objective as i could possibly be up to this point ....but your line of argument is giving me cancer here!

you literally have not brought up ONE VALID REASON on why venomancer should possibly be a carry. All you did so far, was stating some SUBJECTIVE opinions of yours and some links to a few games were your builds actually turned out to work. I once played against a carry lich (with Daedalus, Mjollnir and an Orchid Malevolence) and he totally crushed our team (i might want to add, that this was withing my first ~50 games of dota^^)...yet i would never even think of calling Lich a carry, although your logic so far would apply.

So for the love of god: Please, please stop supporting your claims with JUST subjective opinions and trench-pub-statscreens. If you realy want to argue about Venomancers carry potential, then analyze his skills and make objective and fact-based statements!

Dont waste this on him, i wouldnt be suprised if he doesnt even know what subejective and objective is.
We have pretty much established that the problem is a clear lack of intelligence on fear's part.

He doesnt have the ability to prove anything with facts so he just keeps using the argument that at some point in time where the game was different and people didnt know the most efficient builds were, veno was used as a carry.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JaboChepelski » February 17, 2014 5:27pm | Report
Every time I've ever seen a fear post on "reworking" heroes, it is always some absolutely insane buff that makes no sense and is not really warranted. Next we'll see something like CM getting an +3.0 strength gain and Crystal nova being reworked into AA's Ice Blast so she can be the Hard carry she deserves to be

JaboChepelski

Steam: [☭Comrade☭] JabØ Chepelsk

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved