Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Support Only Player, Low-Skill Matchmaking

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Support Only Player, Low-Skill Matchmaking 12 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by thippo » August 14, 2013 7:21pm | Report
Their CS is only a problem half the time, even when I babysit them full time. The other half is just general ineptitude, but yes, either one is frustrating on the games where I don't think I'm the cause of it. Which is the downside of playing supports. Which I play a lot.

I tried your advice and liked it Wulf, it seems to have meant I can recuperate for my carry more (like going Mekansm Power Treads Desolator on Vengeful Spirit) but it's only going to be so long until the pub players strike back.

thippo

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 15, 2013 4:28am | Report
You don't really need the Desolator, its way too expensive. Get a Medallion of Courage, it will still let you do supportish business since its not that expensive(1150? Not quite sure about it,compared to the desolator 4400?Again, my math sucks),it also gives that mana regen and the - armor.

Then get a Force Staff, so you can actually save yourself from swapping out people.Sure, martydom is cool and everything, but in the moment you swap, you should only think about your ***(unless if its saving an ally, I only mean this as an initiating tool).Ghost scepter could also help against pesky hard right clickers.

Sure Desolator is cool and whatnot, and I sometimes like going for it on VS in a tandem with a Shadow Blade.You can take out the core supports easily that way.(and Shadow Blade can also save your *** when swapping around).

Glad it helped, recently started playing Axe a lot, and I am enjoying every game, + wining them all until this point.

P.S: Ignore the Nyx Assassin game, we had a Meepo that ended up like 0/13 and I had to do something about it, I was able to solo one of their carries at all point in the game, the problem was that Huskar also left the game, so we were kinda 3v5ing them.I ended up with 17 kills as the main support.

P.P.S: Mekansm Axe is AWESOME

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved