Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Something to talk about.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Something to talk about. 26 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Droes » July 25, 2013 2:22am | Report
hey there,

Since there aren't many new threads and mostly because I'm bored at my job :p
I decided to make a new thread.

I was wondering wich Hero you guys would like to see next. And why you like him/her so much.

Personnally I would very much like to see Earth Spirit getting added.
Because of all the stones He puts on the ground, and tosses those stones around to inflict damage and stuns. It's not an easy hero, but playing him will be awesome for me :D

How about you guys?

I believe these are the ones yet to come:
Legion Commander
Phoenix
Earth Spirit
Ember Spirit
goblin techies
Oracle
abyssal underlord
soul keeper
Arc Warden
and Winter Wyvern
Life is really simple, but we insist in making it complicated.
~Confucius

Droes

Notable (3)
Steam: Goddamn Hippie
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hinakurinchi » July 25, 2013 2:26am | Report
I think Legion Commander will be out first, I guess. They did gave him, or rather her, now a new model along with the lore, but the networks saying that Techies will be out first.

I would prefer Techies to be out first, though. Can't wait to see how players who didn't play DotA Vanilla react when they get blown to pieces.

Oracle and Earth Spirit won't be released soon because they're still quite buggy.

There's a bug when Oracle's skill that turn people invisible cannot be detected by Track or Amplify Damage.

Hinakurinchi

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » July 25, 2013 2:32am | Report
Goblin Techies FTW. It's time the newer players fell the agony of Dota 1 players when they trip mines... XD

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Droes » July 25, 2013 2:36am | Report
hehe :P I never played dota1 tho i have seen a couple of videos about goblin techies.
And that brings me to a question.

His mines are invisible.
But are his mines showable by f.e. Dust of Appearance or wards?

edit: AND I WANT EARTH SPIRIT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! D: D:
pooohoo
Life is really simple, but we insist in making it complicated.
~Confucius

Droes

Notable (3)
Steam: Goddamn Hippie
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » July 25, 2013 2:40am | Report
Unfortunately, they are.

But, because advanced Goblin Techies players never appear on the map and barely uses Suicide Squad, Attack!, they do carry gem from time to time. So that took care of the wards problem.

Problem is the mine can be planted everywhere, so getting Dust won't be smart unless you have **** loads of money. So, we're back to using gem to counter techies.

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » July 25, 2013 4:09am | Report
Sticking with the minority here, I want Ember Spirit. His skills are just SO OP. Especially Sleight of Fist, that's pretty much my most favorite skill ever. His stat gain is really ****py though, which is the only part that's not good. Pretty sure Legion Commander is next though, and Pit Lord (which I'm also looking forward to) will most likely follow.

I do NOT want to see any more techies again, so I'm personally planning to do these things once he's out.

1) First pick techies
1a) Wait until the game starts, use techies
1b) Wait until the all enemies pick and get around 2 orders of sentries, then repick.
2)???
3) Profit
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cepheus1988 » July 25, 2013 4:14am | Report
From what I have read Legion Commander will come before Goblin Techies.

The commander already has her Avatar, Textures, Model, Particles etc. (in alpha and beta stages).

for the Techies, they have only just started the coding... no models, icons or anything else... maybe some concept arts but that's it.

And yeah Techies are awesome... One hit Rampage with remote mines :D
Creative people behold!
Join the new Dotafire Creation Competition! - Our two-weekly competition in the 'Hero & item ideas' Section.

Last rounds winner was: Naxela

Competition is on hold for now, to reorganize!

Cepheus1988

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaslam » July 25, 2013 4:25am | Report
Techies is next? or that's the talk??

source.. ?

he's easily one of my favourite heroes - we've troll first picked Techies in CM's and won.. people just aren't used to dealing with a GOOD techies..

jaslam

Remarkable (21)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nuclearengie » July 25, 2013 5:11am | Report
I guess im the only one around here that wants winter wyvern?
"Knowledge is power" -Sir Francis Bacon
"Power tends to corrupt" -Lord Acton
"Knowledge tends to corrupt" -Transitive property of Equality

nuclearengie

Steam: nuclearengie
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yoda » July 25, 2013 5:33am | Report
Mmmm... Gonna stick with Wyvern as it's one of my favs (OMGZ best ult eva!!!1). I'm not looking forward for techies as much as the other since I ll go Storm Spirit or something when i see him. And countering him isn't that hard unless he has Force Staff (OH the HORROR).

But, yeah Legion Commander is next (Finally a sword-wielding female hero!!)
"Success is like being pregnant, everybody congratulates you, but nobody knows how many times you were f**ked."

Yoda

Notable (9)
Steam: useyourname1

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved