Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Some game feedback pls

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Some game feedback pls 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 12, 2014 3:14pm | Report
Hey guys,

Just finished playing a round and got slated by the team I was with at the end (which I'm glad to say doesnt happen too often!). I can think back to a few mistakes I made along the way, a few tactical blunders, picking my first ability too soon, maybe shoulda gone mek, probably should have missed the RoP and got a TP for top sooner, but overall I thought I played pretty well.

If anyone has time, if they could watch the replay of this game:

Dotabuff Link

And give me some feedback about what you think was good, could have been better, etc. It's your chance to slag off a greenie! Thanks...
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 12, 2014 3:32pm | Report
Well, I'm off to sleep soon, so I'll just quickly examine the DOTABuff stats for now and watch the replay tommorow, not often an infamous guide maker asks for feedback. 8{D

Looking at the lineup, you went Dual Lanes, with their Team only having 1 Support. Aside from the Viper's Vanguard, no real bad Items on your Team's side aside from the Linken's Sphere on Weaver...although all of their skill builds are quesionable: lvl 8 Max Shukuchi; Max Vortex before Overload (3 points is neough for this build); Maxing Chilling Touch in a Dual Lane; Viper's is just plain erratic; your's seems fine.

I'd have to assume that you won Teamfights, but simply got Ratted by the other Team and their Necrobooks.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 12, 2014 3:45pm | Report
Haha infamous? I would have preferred famous, or prolific mr 'tash ;)

Yep dual lanes, I was offlane with Viper, can think of a few dumb things I did, mostly in frustration at the lack of direction from the 3 stack and that the game was drifting away horribly. We probably could won this. Teamfights were a mixed bag, maybe was wrong to max Sacrifice first, another level in Frost Blast early on might have been useful.

And well, we've all got things to learn - writing guides is a different skill than playing :). I think you guys can show up some useful tips and corrections - you can always do better!

Thanks, appreciate you taking the time when you get round to watching this, it's a reasonably interesting game, albeit some way off pro plays (what you get playing with randoms I guess).

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 12, 2014 11:49pm | Report
I'm just gonna say this after watching half of your match.
There were some denies that you missed.
Leaving Viper to solo earlier might've been a good idea to help out the top lane during early game.
Stop your team from wandering around during the mid game and actually push towers.
Your pick up of Aghs has it's pros and cons. Looking back, I think a Necronomicon would've been better because your team really didn't want to push and that's why you lost imo.
Also maxing Frost Blast would've been better if you went top.
And you should've kept tabs on Rosh because your ult bouncing in there would've allowed you to get some kills and steal rosh.
The main point though,
Lycan built Necronomicon, NS built Necronomicon and they out pushed you.

and yes I am enjoying picking out every little detail. :3
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Allegiance » May 13, 2014 1:04am | Report
I don't really have time to watch the replay, but from the DB-page, I can already tell this:

1. No Mekansm on your team. Considering your lineup, I would say that Viper should have gotten it! But since he didn't you should have gotten it before Veil/Aghs! AA is not the best Mek carrier, since he usually joins fights a little later than the rest of the team.

2. You should pick up 1 point in Frost Armor earlier. On level 4 or 7 to be precise. It is a really good spell early on, especially because it works on towers now. And since you dual laned with Viper, he should be almost unkillable on the lane with 1 or 2 points in Corrosvie Skin and Frost Armor.

3. Weaver should have gotten a DPS Item instead of the heart. His Build is way to defensive as a main damage dealer. Considering the enemy heroes, Manta Style instead of BKB would have done much more for him. Also: no swarm before level 10 -.-

4. On the other hand Storm should have bought BKB instead of Linkens in this game. (2 Necros will burn his mana and NS has spammable disable and single target nuke)

Summary: No Mek and questionable Itembuilds on Viper and Weaver hurt you a lot considering the game lasted for 55 min!
But since it still went pretty well for you, i guess there were some misplays in the late game and they just took your base with Necros (playing too greedy? no buybacks on cores? baserace?)

Allegiance

Notable (9)
Steam: d4rkdest1ny
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 13, 2014 1:11am | Report
All fair points, I have to say some of my last hitting/denying was quite lazy (mainly because they'd pretty much given up the lane). The rest are all good points, but I don't think necrobook was the right choice here - they had no invis heroes and we really needed to try and win the team fights.

Remember that there were no proper comms here, I did offer to go to top earlier but got no reply, then I was waiting on gold - really the safe lane support should have been carrying more weight than the offlane, but he didn't, and hell I'm Lich so I'll just buy what's needed. My feeling during the game was that we needed some towers, or at least to defend our own (hence the T2 debacle), but the response was very limited.

You're right about keeping tabs on Rosh, it was pretty much always warded, but it's dangerous wandering about around there when they've got heroes like Clockwerk who can just appear out of nowhere and kill you.

EDIT:

Hehe Allegiance, that's the problem with guessing from the DB page :). Viper and myself won our lane very convincingly, they pretty much abandoned it early on. In hindsight, I probably should have gone Mek, but I was playing offlane #5, so foolishly assumed someone else would get it (y'know instead of a f-ing Vanguard on a ranged hero...). Still, randoms, so you can only hope they have a vague clue how to build their heroes.

Can't tell you the ending, nobody would watch it then :).

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 13, 2014 4:30am | Report
OK, got around to watching it, here comes my glaring critisicm! 8{D

You instantly leveled Snackrifice at lvl1, but Roamied with Viper through their Jungle to get a Kill. You managed to pull it off, but if you'd avoided levelling your 1st Skill until you needed it, you could have taken Frost Blast at lvl1 and gotten the Kill almost instantly. This would have let you avoid eating the Harrass you took while chasing her down. You hit lvl 2 from the Kill anyway, so taking Sacrifice 2nd is no problem.

Pr0 Tip: Don't take your 1st Skill until you're ready to use it. Holding down Ctrl and clickingon the icon of the Skill / pressing it's Hotkey allows you to level a skill, e.g. waiting until you found the Crystal Maiden then Pressing Ctrl + Q then Q and Click on Maiden would let you level Frost Blast and hit her with it almost instantly <}3

About your opening Warding...I love it <}3 NO PULLS FOR YOU!!! X{D

Next, your biggest and most important mistake. The Lycanthrope was mad at you and typed "more tryhard Offlane pls". You should have immediately responded "I'm not even trying" or "more tryhard rat doto pls". Never miss an opportunity to make an angry Lycan picker even angrier than they already are. 8{D
Zerak Kyria wrote:

Leaving Viper to solo earlier might've been a good idea to help out the top lane during early game.

I disagree with this. They managed to get a Kill top early on, so started out ahead. The reason they started Feeding is because they're n00bs. The AA let himself get whittled down by Crippling Fear without healing himself or hiding, making it easy for them to simply pop him once he was low enough, and the Weaver...as a Hard Carry...dived their Tower and died to get a Kill on a Night Stalker...how is Sando supposed to keep these guys alive by going there earlier and taking either their Exp, or no Exp?
Zerak Kyria wrote:

Also maxing Frost Blast would've been better if you went top.

I'd agree with Sando in Maxing Sacrifice early on, since they have a greedy lineup, it punishes them accordingly, not to mention it allows him to whittle their HP down with Frost Blast Spams, so that they become easier to Kill or at least they'd play more Passively.

At around 12:20 when it turned to 2nd Night, you probably should have been more cautious, since Bot was Pushed near to your Tier 2 and the only Hero from the other Team visible on the map was Clockwerk. You managed to survive Night Stalker's Gank and turn it around, but this was mostly due to being lucky that Viper was nearby but no one from the other Team was.
Zerak Kyria wrote:

Your pick up of Aghs has it's pros and cons. Looking back, I think a Necronomicon would've been better because your team really didn't want to push and that's why you lost imo.

A Lich grabbing a Necronomicon isn't a cure for a Team that won't Push, sadly it wouldn't have made a difference...dat 30 minute Tier 1 Tower 8{(

You basically lost because of this ^ there wasn't really much you could have done to improve the imo...no wait...I've got it! Learn-2-5-stack-ftw!!! 8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 13, 2014 5:45am | Report
Xyrus <3, a lot of that made me laugh :). Basically I took "the blame" from the 'team' for that loss, and late at night after a few games you do doubt yourself a little bit and think...did I? Also seemed like a fair chance to open up the floor and give people a chance to take what they liked from the game...and to give me some abuse :)

Hold my hand up, that insta-skill was a bad move. I hardly ever do it, and recommend to anyone who'll listen that you never should! Bad Sando. I hadn't really thought through that I'd go to ward the jungle and might need Frost Blast, was thinking more about denying the ranged creep from mid. Still, it turned out well for us - the ward placements were actually non-optimal Xyrus, if it wasn't for the benny-hill CM chase I woulda gone for the full 3 camp block with the magic bush (on the basis of their 1 support struggling to deward any time soon).

LOL, yep, totally squandered that chance to wind up Lycan, but tbh when people start raging like that on the other team it only encourages me:

"More tryhard offlane pls" translates directly in my head to "Ah, you appear to have outfoxed me on this occasion, good sir, my early game is sadly buggered and I am most vexed".

It was quite a frustrating game overall, we were outkilling and outlevelling them pretty consistently, but were getting outpushed everywhere. Nobody on my team seemed particularly bothered about losing building and not taking any, provided they could farm. I think that Storm Spirit's KDA stats were not very reflective of his game impact, and the team fights were messy as hell (usually cos everyone turned up late or ran off).

By the sound of it I should put this one down to "pub stack says blame support", and remember to skill late :)

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 13, 2014 6:02am | Report
Sando wrote:

Xyrus <3, a lot of that made me laugh :). Basically I took "the blame" from the 'team' for that loss, and late at night after a few games you do doubt yourself a little bit and think...did I? Also seemed like a fair chance to open up the floor and give people a chance to take what they liked from the game...and to give me some abuse :)

Hold my hand up, that insta-skill was a bad move. I hardly ever do it, and recommend to anyone who'll listen that you never should! Bad Sando. I hadn't really thought through that I'd go to ward the jungle and might need Frost Blast, was thinking more about denying the ranged creep from mid. Still, it turned out well for us - the ward placements were actually non-optimal Xyrus, if it wasn't for the benny-hill CM chase I woulda gone for the full 3 camp block with the magic bush (on the basis of their 1 support struggling to deward any time soon).

LOL, yep, totally squandered that chance to wind up Lycan, but tbh when people start raging like that on the other team it only encourages me:

"More tryhard offlane pls" translates directly in my head to "Ah, you appear to have outfoxed me on this occasion, good sir, my early game is sadly buggered and I am most vexed".

It was quite a frustrating game overall, we were outkilling and outlevelling them pretty consistently, but were getting outpushed everywhere. Nobody on my team seemed particularly bothered about losing building and not taking any, provided they could farm. I think that Storm Spirit's KDA stats were not very reflective of his game impact, and the team fights were messy as hell (usually cos everyone turned up late or ran off).

By the sound of it I should put this one down to "pub stack says blame support", and remember to skill late :)

Also just something I think you need to know that i noticed from watching the game.
You may have out leveled them but they farmed and had a massive gold advantage on you.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 13, 2014 6:23am | Report
Sorry dude, but 111.3k vs 108.7k when you've just won the game (and have some of your own towers/rax still standing) is nothing. Last hits 849 to 840. That's about as even as you can get over 55 minutes.

Our team were 60/34/125 on KDA, compared to 34/62/59, about an 18k XP gap. But the vital stat really is that Lycan on his own did more tower damage than our entire team...

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved