Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Radioactive Man-Pony Onslaught

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Radioactive Man-Pony Onslaught 11 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Is this the best possible title for a Leshrac thread?
Yes
No
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » September 16, 2015 1:04pm | Report
Typically, the dota competitive scene tends to have "trickle down" on pubs. In 6.83, Juggernaut, Sniper and other ricing heroes managed to unseat Pudge as the most (over)picked heroes in pubs. A similar trend has occurred in 6.84, where Bloodseeker, Earthshaker, Bounty Hunter and friends are very popular right now. However, Leshrac has not been anywhere near the top 10 most played heroes, instead he is 26th.

So, what is it about the radioactive man-pony that causes pubbers to favor... all the other meta heroes? Is he not "flashy" or "exciting" enough? Do people prefer no-scope Fissures and Shadow Walk courier snipes over winning the game in 25-30 minutes?

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 16, 2015 1:06pm | Report
Quoted:
So, what is it about the radioactive man-pony that causes pubbers to favor... all the other meta heroes? Is he not "flashy" or "exciting" enough? Do people prefer no-scope Fissures and Shadow Walk courier snipes over winning the game in 25-30 minutes?

The occurence of Bloodseeker makes most of Leshrac useless. If he doesn't move, he doesn't damage.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » September 16, 2015 1:26pm | Report
Because he wasn't picked at TI5.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » September 16, 2015 3:41pm | Report
Takes too much skill.

If people want to play mid nuker they go Zues because the only thing he needs to do is hit Q/W/R when he has mana, and keep spmamming that until everyone is dead. Literally all he does. Dammit pubs.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » September 17, 2015 4:15am | Report
Blubbles wrote:

Takes too much skill.

If people want to play mid nuker they go Zues because the only thing he needs to do is hit Q/W/R when he has mana, and keep spmamming that until everyone is dead. Literally all he does. Dammit pubs.

In what universe Lesh takes skill to play? Now that he has slow from E he reliably stuns any hero without boots and some heroes with boots. It takes the same amount of "skill" to hit Lesh's stun as it does to hit LSA after Eul's which is all about simple timing you get after 2-3 games.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » September 17, 2015 4:45am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

In what universe Lesh takes skill to play? Now that he has slow from E he reliably stuns any hero without boots and some heroes with boots. It takes the same amount of "skill" to hit Lesh's stun as it does to hit LSA after Eul's which is all about simple timing you get after 2-3 games.

I agree. You just hit all the buttons when a teamfight or a tower push occurs and you're set ahah

Also, item build. Not that complicated. People probably don't play it because of the reasons mentioned. Also: because he's boring.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » September 17, 2015 7:58pm | Report
ChiChi wrote:

Also: because he's boring.

So are Sniper, Zeus, Pudge and so forth, but that doesn't stop people from picking them.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 17, 2015 8:10pm | Report
thats cause 120% of people are boring...

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » September 17, 2015 8:13pm | Report
Fun is a subjective argument. There are people that find any hero interesting, some that find any hero boring. You can't use it as a reason.

Well okay you can, but you shouldn't.

I think Dimoy might actually be on the mark with how he wasn't picked at TI. Yes, he was banned but you'd be amazed how many people over-look that. And most of the times he was picked, he actually lost.

Mind you, 26th is still pretty damn high in terms of pick rate.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » September 17, 2015 8:46pm | Report
The hero's damage doesn't go up with his farm, only how long he survives. I think people find a lot more enjoyment out of a hero that hits harder with more farm he gets (Troll warlord, Sniper, Juggernaut, Bloodseeker, even Pudge with Aghs). Leshrac doesn't radically get more powerful with more farm, at least not in a visible way. Granted, he's still getting more powerful with more farm by dealing lots of sustained damage and crowd control, but it's comparably subtle.

Also, Anti-Mage's huge popularity atm (Because Storms everywhere), which in pubs completely trashes Lesh, since convincing strangers to group up and push early can be difficult, especially if no one has team sense or social skills. Even if on Average, the Leshracs will win over the AMs, those kind of "thrown" defeats can dissuade people.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved