Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

One thing your having trouble with!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » One thing your having trouble with! 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » March 16, 2016 3:05am | Report
yea yea i know first thread in ages 3 days off work does this to you fam

kk

the idea behind this is that people comment about one thing they are having trouble with in DotA!

say " i cant seem to dual stack!" or " i cant seem to win with ursa halp?" and then the lovely people of dota fire comment away and help with these troubles yes?

ill start

im having trouble with safelane Lone Druid any halp?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » March 16, 2016 6:06am | Report
Okay, I can't seem to double pull in the radiant safelane.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » March 16, 2016 9:46am | Report
I can't stop pulling!! The greed is too much. Them double pulls are too good.
On a serious note though. How do I deal with Bristleback who is solo offlaning while I am playing Lion. I drain his mana but I can't zone him. So he ends up getting all of the XP T.T

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 16, 2016 10:45am | Report
How can you not zone Bristleback out as Lion? Literally all it take is lvl 2 before you start spamming spike + manadrain on him. He is just a walking melee creep without mana. Even if you take some damage in the process, you leave him without mana for a long term which is way more important than your puny & worthless pos 5 healthbar.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » March 16, 2016 10:58am | Report

Okay, I can't seem to double pull in the radiant safelane.

Go in a lobby and pull until you don't make any mistakes. That is the best and probably the only way to practice pulling.

There is one thing in dota that I know is my biggest weakness and it is: going total rambo, never backing, full navi style. Like but really, I often have a really agressive playstyle.

I remember a Bloodseeker game where I dived in the enemy fountain at the 7th minutemark. And that isn't the only blood game where I did that.

Well sometimes I play super *****, afk farmerino too but when I get farmed I will start playing hyper agressive with my farmed hero which sometimes lead in big throws :-)))
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » March 16, 2016 11:27am | Report
Is winning games a legit issue? :)

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » March 16, 2016 12:27pm | Report
The Frosto wrote:

Go in a lobby and pull until you don't make any mistakes. That is the best and probably the only way to practice pulling.

There is one thing in dota that I know is my biggest weakness and it is: going total rambo, never backing, full navi style. Like but really, I often have a really agressive playstyle.

I remember a Bloodseeker game where I dived in the enemy fountain at the 7th minutemark. And that isn't the only blood game where I did that.

Well sometimes I play super *****, afk farmerino too but when I get farmed I will start playing hyper agressive with my farmed hero which sometimes lead in big throws :-)))

I have the opposite problem of playing too passive, ancient Chinese doto style and farming until I have all my items. So far its done me ok-ish, I win about 60-70% of games because I manage to get farm while pushing, and most of the time I simply have more money than the enemy, therefore I kill them and win.

However, it sadly doesn't work if my team is losing too hard by themselves, so I tend to mix my playstyle with heroes that have the option to fight early, like Phantom Lancer, Sven and Spectre, helping my team when I see the chance, while happily farmimg and slaughtering creeps when we aren't fighting.

So, gere's my question.

How do you deal with Death Prophet This patch? I've gotten tips by some people here, but even then, I can't seem to deal with her. She has high narural ms, almost always buys euls, and spirit siphon on top of that almost ensures you can never run away from her. That leaves manfighting her, which is almost impossible when her Ult is up, and very hard due to her constant Hp regen plus her kiting ability.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 16, 2016 12:53pm | Report
You have to kill her early. She has problems before she gets her first 2 items (usually eul's and aether lens/octarine or something), so gank her over and over again. It's hard for DP to comeback.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » March 16, 2016 12:57pm | Report
Yeah, what he said. DP doesn't play well from behind, so if you stifle early pushes and deny her map control, she wilts.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » March 16, 2016 12:58pm | Report
If you play as support gank the Death Prophet at mid. She often is an easy kill, and she needs a good early game. The second option is by playing around her ultimate. If you know it is on cooldown push lanes. Also if she uses her ult try to run away or to avoid it as much as possible. Often a nuker is good to damage death prophet heavily at the start of a teamfight so she will be to scared to actually do her ult.

If she gets good early game try to depush when possible why not dieing. Try to extend the game so your carry can kill her later in the game. Also bkb does a lot against her. It doesn't stop the ult but it stops the slow, eul, crypt swarm etc.

Most dp don't get a bkb and that is another way to punish her.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved