Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Meepo Question...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Meepo Question... 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » May 1, 2014 1:43pm | Report
Is Meepo too op?

I played three matches today where I literally won the game for my team just through levels and gold. I ended up being able to solo their carries like nobodies business. Ended up so fat that I literally ran out of items to buy on him.

First game ended with me having trangs, Heart, AC, Ags, Vlads, and mech.

Second and third game I got up to BoT, Heart, Bloodstone, AC, Ags, Vlads.

All three games I ended near level cap while everyone else was still in mid teens.

Is there literally any way for an enemy team to stop a Meepo when I can snowball so easily with him.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » May 1, 2014 2:32pm | Report
He's definitely not op, in my opinion. Aside from the micro-managing part (which is the main issue for a lot of players), he also soaks up all the experience of his team: if you can't make good use of it, you're just slowing down your team's farm. He also has plenty of good counters including single-target hard disablers, Earthshaker and - referring to the items - Black King Bars.

He's very strong no doubt, especially with a quick Blink Dagger, plus he can flash farm and stack the jungle in no time (that's why I like playing him). He does require more skill than the average Hero, though. If you can't make the most out of him by micromanaging efficiently and maximizing your farm by farming stacked camps and getting experience from different lanes, you aren't using him to his full potential; for these reasons, I'd say he's balanced for the average player.

Stopping a Meepo isn't very difficult, actually: warding the jungle (without blocking camps, just to get vision) gives you the possibility to kill him; single target burst damage ( Queen of Pain, Ursa, Lion or again Earthshaker) also works wonders if he doesn't have his core up and ready. In the late game, it's your carry's job: he should be more farmed then the enemy's (because Meepo prevents his team's carry from farming the jungle), unless Meepo completely destroyed you in the mid game, in which case it'll be though.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 1, 2014 3:55pm | Report
Both a high skill ceiling for this hero, and high micro requirements - he can be very effective if played right, but he can be extremely poor if played badly. Levels incredibly fast but then drops off as other heroes begin to match his XP.

He's pure bait for an Earthshaker pickup (love those Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Echo Slams - minimal chance of illusions too). Also very vulnerable to big nukers who can focus a single clone and take him down quickly.

Overall a lot of potential, but has to be played right.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » May 1, 2014 9:55pm | Report
Well he's not OP, certainly.

Meepo is extremely powerful in the right hands, but take note that pre- Heart of Tarrasque Meepo is really, really squishy.

A lot of heroes have squishiness as their weakness, but Meepo is a prime example of that. And he has horrendous early game (pre-level 2 Divided We Stand) because you have to focus on farming for a while with 2 separate Meepo, 1 preferably in the jungle.

Before you get your first other Meepo, you will have difficulties in the laning stage. You will have a really hard-to-hit nuke, a "meh" disable and a "meh" passive. You will also have really bad last hitting issues as regardless of your skill, people will be able to deny you last hits.

He is very powerful if not shut down though.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » May 2, 2014 5:04am | Report
Meepo is awesome, but very easy to shut down. Vision is the key, picking off unsuspecting meepo clones (bring stuns, disables etc). The thing is, a good Meepo won't be unsuspecting, because his map awareness will be very keen, having meepos around the map. Sven Earthshaker Magnus Enigma Bristleback Ursa Centaur Warrunner etc all can very capably murder meepo early and often, and special mention: Kunkka. The heroe has a ton of potential counters, but he's all about skill, awareness, and team coordination, get good laning partners and split push/farm, gank solo heroes and keep yourself from unfavorable situations.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » May 2, 2014 5:55am | Report
If anything he's underpowered.

Zerosaviour wrote:

All three games I ended near level cap while everyone else was still in mid teens.

This is 100% normal for a Meepo, if you're not several levels ahead then you're probably going to feed on account of his dreadful base stat gains.

The main issue with Meepo is the same EXP sharing mechanic that helps him so much. When you win a teamfight, your clones count as 4-5 heroes, meaning you get half of the total EXP, and comparatively your team gets starved for EXP. Even moreso considering that you're also farming the whole jungle yourself, so the rest of your team has to make to with very little farm and EXP.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing except that:
-Meepo can't make use of Black King Bar and thus will always be vulnerable to lockdown and focus fire, even after he gets his items.
-Meepo's damage is almost entirely magical Poof/Geostrike, so he really can't do much against enemy BKB's other than throw a net and run.

I see him as a hero that basically either stomps or gets stomped. You've got a relatively short window where you're effective (approximately from the point you get Aghs+Heart to the point when the enemy carry gets BKB+2 big items), so its very important to secure at least a barracks before then.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 2, 2014 6:33am | Report
My 2 cents: meepo would be OP if he wasnt countered by half the heto pool. But he is pretty strong now yea.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » May 2, 2014 7:51am | Report
pick pugna.

watch them buuuurn!

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » May 2, 2014 4:14pm | Report

If anything he's underpowered.

This is 100% normal for a Meepo, if you're not several levels ahead then you're probably going to feed on account of his dreadful base stat gains.

The main issue with Meepo is the same EXP sharing mechanic that helps him so much. When you win a teamfight, your clones count as 4-5 heroes, meaning you get half of the total EXP, and comparatively your team gets starved for EXP. Even moreso considering that you're also farming the whole jungle yourself, so the rest of your team has to make to with very little farm and EXP.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing except that:
-Meepo can't make use of Black King Bar and thus will always be vulnerable to lockdown and focus fire, even after he gets his items.
-Meepo's damage is almost entirely magical Poof/Geostrike, so he really can't do much against enemy BKB's other than throw a net and run.

I see him as a hero that basically either stomps or gets stomped. You've got a relatively short window where you're effective (approximately from the point you get Aghs+Heart to the point when the enemy carry gets BKB+2 big items), so its very important to secure at least a barracks before then.

Even though it was funny to see my army of Meepos beat down on an Ultied Dragon Knight who popped his BKB. Heart + AC = too stronk.

Doubt Meepo with be added fully to my list of active heroes. Usually prefer playing Offlaners like NP and Centaur. Even though I've been having to be support a lot of games as of late.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Donald0son » May 3, 2014 1:54am | Report
Yeah just like most people have said if you have a really strong early game with Meepo and you are able to handle the micro-management then the chances are you are gonna stomp that game but i also think it comes down to the guys you are up against. Do they play Meepo? Do they know how to counter him? If they dont play him or know much about him then again, chances are...

If however they play it smart, see you have picked him then they could pick someone like Timbersaw, Lich or really just early gankers who can put some serious hurt on him and quick which then leads to Meepo being under farmed but still soaking xp when in lane which hurts everyone else.

SO yeah, he is definitely a strong hero in the right hands, but i wouldn't say he is OP as when playing against a smart enemy they will counter pick him/focus him.

But gratz on the solid Meepo play :D

Donald0son

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved