Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Least favorite hero to face and why?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Least favorite hero to face and why? 22 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 1, 2015 3:39pm | Report
I hate playing against Silencer and Zeus. Silencer b/c I play a lot of mid, and he just ruins my day. Zeus because you think you're so pro since you escaped a gank, but suddencly CRASH and you're F***ING DEAD WTF HACKER ZEUS REPORT

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 1, 2015 4:51pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Well sure, you can pick a blinking hero that he can't fissureblock, but then Fissure is still a 1400 range instant Storm Hammer with no projectile, so he can still stun you at any time from a billion range and you can't disjoint it or dodge it in any way. That's the big problem : even if you forget the block it's still arguably the best stun in the game because of the absurd range and instant disable.

It does have a cast animation - although I take your point if you have no vision of him. However, there's plenty of instant cast stuns which are unavoidable, the only difference being the block time - there's plenty of abilities and heroes who can bypass it pretty easily.

Hamstertamer wrote:

He's literally first pick material since he fits every lineup and has no real counters.

He's a greedy, melee #4 with no zoning ability and no ability to farm the jungle until level 6 (stacked camp Echo Slam). His ult has a very long CD and doesn't go through magic immunity. He's extremely reliant on assist gold.

If you play him as a #3, he's a melee hero with no escape (bar his stun) who offers minimal threat without allies or his ult. If you zone and stack/pull properly, he should get almost nothing. For example, you could pick the likes of Venomancer against him - strong slow/harass if he tries to compete, drop a Plague Ward on him to kill his Clarity potions - unless he wants to sit behind his tower, there's very little he can do apart from grab a few last hits with Fissure occasionally.

I also like Rubick against him - team magic resistance from Null Field, Spell Steal obviously, and Telekinesis often allows you to mess up his own teams placements due to Fissures as much as yours...

Hamstertamer wrote:

I mean, I'm still at a loss on how to effectively deal with a well played ES really. Apparently competitive players are too, seing how BigdaddyNotail's ES carries his team every game.

I can't speak for Notail's ES, but you follow the same general principles of dealing with any hero with a really strong AOE teamfight skill - stay split, attack when it's on CD, beware of counter-initiation etc. Yes it scales better than a lot of AOE nukes (and has a disable component), but it does drop off eventually - there's also options around Pipe of Insight, Black King Bar etc.

Echo Slam is still one of my favourite abilities though, and Fissure is also very powerful with proper positioning/if the enemy lacks mobility spells/items etc. Yes, he's a strong hero, but I think you're overstating it a little.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved