Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hero Discussion: Morphling

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hero Discussion: Morphling 29 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » November 23, 2015 1:05pm | Report
Yeah agree with you dimonichan, dotabuff is not a reliable source of information, cause it analisys general gameplay
But you have said nothing that prove me wrong, Axe is **** and outclassed by every initiator of the game, his battle hunger and ult are **** and he has not recovery from the beserker call nerf yet, it is true that axe has some of the best synergy with morplhing, but this is not his patch, and then my strat focus on the Undying guy as he is the best guy alchemist can give aghamins scepter and have some impact, focus on this
The role of morplhing in this strategy is : 1)Give a second undying monster(the best aplication of his hybrid by far), 2)abuse the synergy he have with alchemist and improve the farm of both, 3) Carry the **** out if the game goes too long (~~60min) as he is the 4 best hard carry hero in the game
And blood is just nerfed right now, nerfs killed his lane and mid game dominance and he cant carry ****

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 23, 2015 1:29pm | Report
You have said nothing to prove you right either because you only built your argument on irrelevant Dotabuff stats so there isn't anything but that to prove wrong to begin with. General phrases like "every hero is better than X at smth" do not count either, especially since it;s not true and primary initiation isn't his main purpose anyway. Not going to even comment on his W and R being "****", this honestly is beyond my understanding(and common sense I guess).

Your "carry" Morphling will have about the impact of jungle Midas Lifestealer with his Aghs. "Hey boys I'll be useless for first 40 minutes of the game but I'll carry your ***es later despite heave space denial and Radiance Alchemist in my team. Just hold the throne for x minutes and you'll see".

Same with your "carry" Alch who drops like a rock after like 40 minutes. If you'll manage to drag the game for your 60 minutes, good luck carrying Alch, zombie and 2 supports alone.Again, if your supports aren't some top tier **** this just won't happen even if Moprh was Top 1 carry in Doto.

Yes you can defend hg semi-reliably with such a lineup provided you get your items. But why would enemy even want to push yout rax if they can just farm the whole map while your Alch, Morphling and Zombie share enemy creeps that make it to their T3?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » November 23, 2015 5:09pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

You have said nothing to prove you right either because you only built your argument on irrelevant Dotabuff stats so there isn't anything but that to prove wrong to begin with. General phrases like "every hero is better than X at smth" do not count either, especially since it;s not true and primary initiation isn't his main purpose anyway. Not going to even comment on his W and R being "****", this honestly is beyond my understanding(and common sense I guess).

Your "carry" Morphling will have about the impact of jungle Midas Lifestealer with his Aghs. "Hey boys I'll be useless for first 40 minutes of the game but I'll carry your ***es later despite heave space denial and Radiance Alchemist in my team. Just hold the throne for x minutes and you'll see".

Same with your "carry" Alch who drops like a rock after like 40 minutes. If you'll manage to drag the game for your 60 minutes, good luck carrying Alch, zombie and 2 supports alone.Again, if your supports aren't some top tier **** this just won't happen even if Moprh was Top 1 carry in Doto.

Yes you can defend hg semi-reliably with such a lineup provided you get your items. But why would enemy even want to push yout rax if they can just farm the whole map while your Alch, Morphling and Zombie share enemy creeps that make it to their T3?

You are the one contesting, you should primaly bring arguments if you does not agree with the idea, prove me axe is not Faceless Void tier this patch and then we can talk
Axe main role is not a initiator ? So what ? do you play him jungle and then carry ?

If you do not like the carry morphling fine, we can remove him from the strategy and put other carry, because the focus of this is the Undying and you are an ******* not paying attention to it

I could either run Undying + morph, or alchemist + undying, or even morph + alchemist, actually i can make a dual lane support morph and undying on the hard lane, the thing is you do not want to colaborate with this

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 23, 2015 5:30pm | Report
Hi all.

I'd like the Axe discussion to stop here, since the thread topic is "Hero Discussion: Morphling."

If you'd like to discuss Axe, please create another thread.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » November 23, 2015 6:38pm | Report
Other things to discuss below

Is the maelstorm idea, as proposed by hamster in another thread, viable ?

Anyone have had tested the armlet of mordigan ? The idea is to active the item plus your power treads in strengh for the 4,25 stun and fast change the treads to agi as well as morph to it to abuse auto atacks when enemy is stunned

Lotus Orb on support morplhing ? they synergy in so many ways i think it will be a thing in 6.86

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 23, 2015 11:35pm | Report
YellulzQuiet wrote:

Is the maelstorm idea, as proposed by hamster in another thread, viable ?

What I actually said is that I tried it because I thought it was a great idea, but ultimately it turned out to be underwhelming.

To use Maelstrom as a farming item you need an attack speed steroid. But unless sitting at 500 HP all game is how you roll, Morph doesn't have additional attack speed until much later in the game when he gets skadi and can morph full AGI.

So at the end of the day it comes down to farming with right-clicks and Waveform and getting your manta/skadi/travels ASAP. Since you need Eye of Skadi on Morph anyways and skadi improves your farm (+63 agility since you morph all the HP it gives you into AGI as soon as you get the item), and skadi gives you the mana to spam Waveform all day to farm...it's much better to get skadi ASAP than get a farming item like Maelstrom : at the end of the day, Skadi is Morphling's farming item.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » November 24, 2015 5:12am | Report
i would suggest giving morphling's Waveform the Ember Spirit treatment, but in this case, increasing his damage to creeps and keeping it the same for heroes (Eg. Waveform now does 50% extra damage to creeps)

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 24, 2015 5:53am | Report
YellulzQuiet wrote:

You are the one contesting, you should primaly bring arguments if you does not agree with the idea, prove me axe is not Faceless Void tier this patch and then we can talk
Axe main role is not a initiator ? So what ? do you play him jungle and then carry ?

If you do not like the carry morphling fine, we can remove him from the strategy and put other carry, because the focus of this is the Undying and you are an ******* not paying attention to it

I could either run Undying + morph, or alchemist + undying, or even morph + alchemist, actually i can make a dual lane support morph and undying on the hard lane, the thing is you do not want to colaborate with this

Truth is exactly the opposite of what you said lmao, you should read up on burden of proof. Prove me that you are not an intergalactic space dinosaur then because I despise intergalactic space dinosaurs.

Since when do we have roles like "initiator" btw? Maybe we should implement "healer", "blinker", "critical striker" or "ancient stacker" roles to get a full picture? xD Heroes are not picked to only do a single thing in the entire game, you know. Axe can lane everywhere, but those lanes are fairly situational at times(like mid or solo safe Axe), and why would an average dota player pick a situational hero if they can just spam Doom, Dark Seer or Windranger who are basically good against any(95%) matchup and do not require them to *terrified gasp* think. Whatever, this is really going offtopic.

Also isn't this Morphling discussion thread so why would I assume you would replace your carry with something else? Besides Undying-Alch isn't anything unusual at all, while Undying- Morphling could work but again you'd need strong second support and great carry and mid because support Morph kinda sucks if you want him to be actually supporting and not staying behind his carry and sapping exp. Pretty sure it can work in lower brackets but once you run into a decent 5-stack you'll regret your idea pretty soon.

But whatever, I'll be not posting on that issue anymore if you find me to be such an ******* for not supporting your cotton candy idea.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Olsenbb » November 25, 2015 12:09am | Report
I would say Axe is fine but I was pretty disappointed with the current meta and what they did to Storm Spirit and Leshrac. :(

Olsenbb

Notable (1)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved