Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hero Discussion: Morphling

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hero Discussion: Morphling 29 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 23, 2015 7:05am | Report

Okay, if this actually works, then it's legit as hell.

Still pretty greedy. But any farm accelerator on Morphling should be amazing.

YellulzQuiet wrote:

with Hybrid, you would have 2 tombstones and aghs decay

That's also pretty good, definitely.

Of course you still have the obvious flaw that Alch is just not going to have a 12 minute radiance, instead he'll get destroyed by a tier 3 mid hero or by early roaming and you'll have to solo carry your team and comeback with a Morphling while having a zero impact AFK farming mid, which is almost impossible with Morph...

But still. At least it's a good idea, it has merit on paper, Greevil's Greed on Morph and finding a good use for Hybrid sounds pretty nice :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » November 23, 2015 9:34am | Report
Grevil's Greed on any Morphling clone or such gives the gold to Alch, not to Morph. Morph gets last hit gold, Alch gets greevil's procs. I believe it's the same as if you take over one with say Enchantress. As far as I'm aware this is the interaction because there was a reddit thread on it not too long ago.

Vici Gaming ran a pocket strat involving Morph, Alch and Undying however, and it's kinda gross. Super gimmicky, but gross.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 23, 2015 9:44am | Report
So if you replicate an enemy Alchemist then you get the greevil's procs for yourself, but if you replicate an allied Alch then your Alch gets the greevil's procs and not yourself?

Sounds bugged as hell. OSFrog pls.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » November 23, 2015 10:43am | Report
Yeah :/, it is a very rewarding but greedy strategy, but keep in mind we have 2 support slots that can prolong the game, lets say Lich babysitting morphling to auto win his lane and a Dazzle roaming the map and defending the mid against lets say Bounty Hunter roamer and a Shadow Fiend
Edit: i suck at editing my comment

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » November 23, 2015 10:45am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Even disregarding the general unviability of all this because of obvious flaws in this strategy, how is Axe **** in this patch?

Ìs this bait ?
please point out all the ´´obvius flaws´´´´´´ We are trying to be constructive, not the opossite
how Axe is **** this patch ? 46,29 % winrate tells for itself, he is behind heroes almost unplayable like Techies e Bloodseeker and he does not need skills to be played, in matter of fact he is one the easisty heroes to learn and stomp in pub
Also with a built in Kill steal tier nuke ult and one built in tank, he has one of the worst kda of the game, behind even Crystal Maiden
FalleN.Virtus_Pro™>Alex + ProKiddY The AXE MAN + AwesomeFury are by far the better axe players in the world, they have about 6000 games with axe together and are holding a disgusting ~~50% winrate this patch
I am not going any futher and explain how **** is all his spells right as this is a morplhing thread

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » November 23, 2015 10:46am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

So if you replicate an enemy Alchemist then you get the greevil's procs for yourself, but if you replicate an allied Alch then your Alch gets the greevil's procs and not yourself?

Sounds bugged as hell. OSFrog pls.

No, the replicate of an enemy Alch gives the enemy Alch the greevil's procs, you just get a ****ty illusion without any sense of farm acceleration.

It's an awful ability to use on Alch, unless you are like support morph for your own alch.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 23, 2015 10:58am | Report
^ What I said is actually what I read on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3plzw7/clone_enemy_alchemist_get_easy_gold

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » November 23, 2015 11:12am | Report
Huh, I must have mis-remembered it.

What a random pocket strat that would be; Counter the super greedy flash farming alch by picking a Morphling and laughing as he makes you richer.

Incredibly stupid due to relative timing windows, but still hilarious.

Hopefully 6.86 brings good things to carry's in general. I miss a lot of the more traditional ones.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 23, 2015 11:33am | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

Counter the super greedy flash farming alch by picking a Morphling and laughing as he makes you richer.

replicate can be cast on illusions, so it's not even that stupid. Wait for Alch to push out a lane with an illusion, replicate the illusion, and push the lane back. This way you trade farm with Alch, you get as much gold from this lane as Alch does. Except that Morph scales far, far better with gold than Alch does. Besides a farmed Morph will just easily wreck an Alch since physical damage shreds through Alch's zero armor and manta or linkens = free stun dodge.

It's actually funny that since Alchs these days don't even build to push high ground and end the game at the 30-35 min mark you can just get away with picking something that can trade farm with Alch and own his team late game. I remember very distinctly that in the TI3 times any team that wanted to pick Anti-Mage or a similar flashfarmer *had* to ban the Alch because it was unfavorable to trade farm with him and get rekt by a farmed Alch in the mid game. How times have changed :)

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 23, 2015 12:12pm | Report
YellulzQuiet wrote:

Ìs this bait ?
please point out all the ´´obvius flaws´´´´´´ We are trying to be constructive, not the opossite
how Axe is **** this patch ? 46,29 % winrate tells for itself, he is behind heroes almost unplayable like Techies e Bloodseeker and he does not need skills to be played, in matter of fact he is one the easisty heroes to learn and stomp in pub
Also with a built in Kill steal tier nuke ult and one built in tank, he has one of the worst kda of the game, behind even Crystal Maiden
FalleN.Virtus_Pro™>Alex + ProKiddY The AXE MAN + AwesomeFury are by far the better axe players in the world, they have about 6000 games with axe together and are holding a disgusting ~~50% winrate this patch
I am not going any futher and explain how **** is all his spells right as this is a morplhing thread

Following your logic Earth Spirit, Meepo, Tinker, Ember Spirit and Queen of Pain are **** in this patch too?))) Winrate was never an indication of hero's strength because Dotobuff data mostly comes from 2-3k bracket anyway where some heroes are impossible to counter while some are played so disgustingly awful(or just require your allies to have a brain) that their winrate there is beyond abysmal.

Same with KDA, average Dotobuff KDA on heroes rarely exceeds 3, exception being guys like Zeus, Spectre etc. for obvious reasons. Should I mention that if you average KDA is less than 3 on a core hero you are pretty bad at him(with exceptions like Shadow Fiend, Drow Ranger, Huskar and just some unlucky cases of course)?

And by the way same with Dotobuff Player Ranking system, they don't show players who are truly the best at the hero, because you can play the hero 30-40 games in high level stacks(D10/Professional bracket), spam him 10000000 times even in low MMR bracket(like that Alex guy did, he is in upper 3ks IIRC) or just abuse match history(see Vroksnak) and still get a place in Top 100.

You can use stats from Dotabuff, but you have to do a bit more research than just netting average stats from all the playerbase and implying they show anything.

Also Bloodseeker is not even close to unplayable lel this is just trend and people getting experienced in playing against him,he's still a decent hero. Should I remind you that for average low-skill OP hero spammer being "decent" is not enough, so that most BS spammers dropped that hero at once, and everyone else followed. Dota fashion, duh.

For flaws in your lineup the most screaming one is the fact that you have both your cores do nothing midgame compared to current in-meta cores. I mean, compare Radi Alch or Morphling impact with Sf's or Ta's impact 25 mins in, it's not even funny. Add to that the fact you want devote Morph to helping Alch farm who you then devote to getting zombie an Aghs ans still expect all three of them have impact after that. Tombstone also won't win fight by itself, if you don't believe me, try solo offlane zombie against a decent double lane.

Unless you manage to lay your hands on two OP supports like WW and WD I wouldn't bet a penny on your strat's success.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved