Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Drafting

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Drafting 27 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 5, 2015 2:54pm | Report
masaaki14 wrote:

Pudge mid can destroy the other mid laner by constantly killing him and not allowing him to farm at all, but it is a high risk high reward play.if TA gets caught out at say level 2, she is probably dead. If pudge level 6 catches ta and ults her, she is probably dead. Without refraction she is incredibly squishy, and it is eady to kill her with just a small rotation and pudge hook.

This only works in trash tier pubs, it's incredibly easy to dodge a Hook if you see it coming...

It's sort of like how you can own TA Mid with KoTL by getting her to right-click you when she's near your creeps, the Refraction charges will melt away instantly, and then you can Illuminate her while she has no Refreaction.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » August 5, 2015 3:04pm | Report
If you see it coming. There are multiple ways to bypass wards on midlane, a smoke being one of the best. Yes, dodging hooks is required and will help tons against pudge, but you cannot just say pudge is useless because you can dodge hooks. You should know that it is too risky to hope that you are playing at the top of your game, and that pudge will never land his hooks on you. You've seen dendi and jenkins before, and their opponents were no pushovers, and could boast to be able to dodge hooks quite well. However, they still can hook against those said enemies.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 5, 2015 3:19pm | Report
masaaki14 wrote:

If you see it coming. There are multiple ways to bypass wards on midlane, a smoke being one of the best.

If he suddenly goes missing from the Lane, you should know that he will try to Hook you
masaaki14 wrote:

Yes, dodging hooks is required and will help tons against pudge, but you cannot just say pudge is useless because you can dodge hooks.

He's also a useless Mid because he doesn't need Lane Farm to begin with. Just Pull a Creep Camp or 2 into the Jungle, and you can get close to lvl3 with Tranquil Boots at 2:00. Hell, with First Blood and or a Bounty Rune, you can actually hit lvl3 with just 2 or 3 Camps. That's even assuming you need lvl3 to get any Kills, sometimes just landing a lvl1 Hook on the Offlaner is enough to setup a Kill.
masaaki14 wrote:

You should know that it is too risky to hope that you are playing at the top of your game, and that pudge will never land his hooks on you. You've seen dendi and jenkins before, and their opponents were no pushovers, and could boast to be able to dodge hooks quite well. However, they still can hook against those said enemies.

Dendi's Mid Pudge is like N0tail's Support Meepo. It's his signature. That doesn't mean that Meepo is as viable as a Support when compared to a Core Meepo.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 5, 2015 3:55pm | Report
Why did you pick Tiny as your one position? I just... don't see why you'd a pick a solo Tiny when you did? Was it just that being what the other person wanted to play? Since otherwise why not run any other one position, preferably ranged?

Like synergy with AA is alright, but without an Io I don't think it's that good. Like with Io it's amazing for ganks due to the burst from across the map. I don't see any amazing synergy there like a Toss combo so it just seems odd to me.

You did have the better draft, but I think it was more the opponents out-drafting themselves.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » August 5, 2015 4:01pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

If he suddenly goes missing from the Lane, you should know that he will try to Hook you

Well, how do you know its you? There are 3 lanes plus the jungle, do you want to move all your lanes back and miss out on farm because one pudge is missing?

Xyrus wrote:

He's also a useless Mid because he doesn't need Lane Farm to begin with. Just Pull a Creep Camp or 2 into the Jungle, and you can get close to lvl3 with Tranquil Boots at 2:00. Hell, with First Blood and or a Bounty Rune, you can actually hit lvl3 with just 2 or 3 Camps. That's even assuming you need lvl3 to get any Kills, sometimes just landing a lvl1 Hook on the Offlaner is enough to setup a Kill.

I agree that Pudge mid is not optimal, but i only suggested that he mid knowing Pudge has a decent chance against Templar Assassin. That, and your team lacks an offlaner plus supports. That is why i suggested Pudge, who has the potential to kill Templar Assassin in mid, allowing Queen of Pain to go offlane which would do better than other carries, which would be your other choice if you don't pick pudge. The other choice would be to take proper offlaners, which i think the only one who would benefit your team at that last pick would be Bristleback, who contributes to fights mostly from physical damage. I am not saying mid pudge is viable, i am saying mid pudge could do well against TA, which only happened that match.

Xyrus wrote:

Dendi's Mid Pudge is like N0tail's Support Meepo. It's his signature. That doesn't mean that Meepo is as viable as a Support when compared to a Core Meepo.

Dendi's mid pudge also happens to be the way most people play pudge. Not to farm up gold mind you, but for the early level 6-7, after which he gives mid to the farmers and devotes his time towards ganking. It is not optimal, but it works. Yes, support pudge or offlane pudge would be better, but support pudge takes skill to balance levels and gold, while offlane pudge would never have worked that game, against the enemy safelane. You can argue that why pick pudge then, but don't forget, i am not saying pudge is the best pick, i am merely giving options, and i truly believe mid pudge is not a bad option by any means.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 5, 2015 5:38pm | Report
There is a reason dendi has played pudge mid only once the last year. IT DOESNT WORK ANYMORE. Mids are way better now, since the fountain hook game at TI3 he has only played pudge 2 times i believe.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » August 5, 2015 5:43pm | Report
Yea. It's like, mid is the lane where you most games get the second most farm, and you place there a hero that 90% of the time will get no farm on that lane because he just gets trashed on. It's just completely unnecessary waste of farm.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » August 5, 2015 6:43pm | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

Why did you pick Tiny as your one position? I just... don't see why you'd a pick a solo Tiny when you did?

1. The Tiny tri-laned with me (AA) and WW.
2. We needed heavy stuns. we had no other stuns on the team, so I said "hey we dont have any stuns... who has good stuns? Tiny and clock. So thats what I did.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » August 6, 2015 12:25am | Report
Seagull wrote:

Yea. It's like, mid is the lane where you most games get the second most farm, and you place there a hero that 90% of the time will get no farm on that lane because he just gets trashed on. It's just completely unnecessary waste of farm.

Against QoP, puck, lesh or any other mid hero(except sf, sf is pretty easy to hook and is squishy), i will never suggest pudge. I was only looking at game and context, and i believe that pudge mid against TA stands a chance. That, and you need a offlaner which QoP can fulfil. Its not that pudge is a good mid, i already said i did not mean that. I just meant that pudge is a good matchup against TA.

QoP would do better in mid, definitely, but if you take QoP mid, the only offlaner that you could choose that helps that team is bristleback. That is not bad, but what if the player cannot play bristleback? As bristleback you need to know your limits, because you are super tanky, but because of that many players overestimate his strength and overextend. Pudge is i might argue easier to play.

Again, I AM NOT SAYING PUDGE MID IS IN AN WAY GOOD. I only meant that pudge mid could win against TA.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » August 6, 2015 7:47am | Report
Blubbles wrote:

1. The Tiny tri-laned with me (AA) and WW.
2. We needed heavy stuns. we had no other stuns on the team, so I said "hey we dont have any stuns... who has good stuns? Tiny and clock. So thats what I did.

Sven maybe would've been better in that case.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved