Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dota 2 DOESN'T need a concede option, but...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Dota 2 DOESN'T need a concede option, but... 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by temetnosce » September 21, 2012 9:09pm | Report
In the same vein of when someone stays still for too long (for 5 minutes or so) if the enemy team is fed and is literally just sitting at your fountain behind towers/ancient farming you for 20 minutes, there needs to be something done. It's more common than it used to be, and I don't know why people are doing it because it's insanely boring and a big waste of time.

temetnosce

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daPhongster » September 21, 2012 9:46pm | Report
If someone had DCed from the game, then you can just leave without repercussions.
You can also just do nothing and let them push.

If the enemy team is fountain farming, they had taken at least 2 lanes' barracks, so the match should be over in about 2 minutes.

This is just me, but I like it when people fountain farm. Whether I'm the one doing it, or the one camping in fountain, I don't know why, but I like it.

daPhongster

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » September 22, 2012 1:16am | Report
If all five players disconnect, the game will instantly finish and no one will get punishment. It's like a surrender.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » September 22, 2012 10:42am | Report
^ True, but then the team that disconnected wouldn't get battle points and whatnot.

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » September 22, 2012 10:44am | Report
Glayde wrote:

^ True, but then the team that disconnected wouldn't get battle points and whatnot.

Still better than waiting 20~ minutes and getting abandon if you leave the game immediately.

Also, who cares about battle points and items? they do not improve your skill
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wilddeonpwn » September 27, 2012 11:48pm | Report
I agree with hades

wilddeonpwn

Established (102)
Steam: wilddeonpwn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » October 3, 2012 11:13am | Report
I like fountain farming but I am always the one getting farmed when my teamates leave :(

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved