Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Counters to Dominant Mid-Heroes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Counters to Dominant Mid-Heroes 31 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » October 28, 2013 1:01pm | Report
Basically, everybody but melee mids without stuns have the upper hand against Pudge: Queen of Pain, Puck, Outworld Devourer, Silencer, Batrider, Invoker and even Clockwerk should always win their lane against him. And after the laning phase, if your supports do ward and the Pudge player doesn't know how to smoke he's less than a threat; even without wards you have a huge advantage if you manage to grab all the runes before him.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ROFLmyWAFL » October 29, 2013 6:20pm | Report
Puck works like a charm against pudge, just always gotta have your finger on the E

Wondering what counters are for actual mid-dominant heroes like OD, SF, NS or Batrider (although he has really ****ty base damage now)

ROFLmyWAFL

Steam: ROFLmyWAFL
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » October 30, 2013 1:03pm | Report
Outworld Devourer - Kunkka (who actually has a poor win/loss ratio in competitive) and especially Razor.

Shadow Fiend - Early ganks do the job, really. Also, as he's pretty squisy, there are many Heroes that can get easy kills on an unaware SF such as Pudge, Skywrath Mage and Lion.

Night Stalker - Same as Pudge (see my post above), though you may want to opt for someone with an escape mechanism/disable (QoP, OD etc., provided you don't get silenced) as you're very vulnerable when you reach nighttime. His main counter are wards though, vision prevents ganks.

Batrider - It's pretty easy to win the lane against him with a ranged Hero (hence why people started to use him in the hard lane again), but mid-game he's just too strong. Again, vision is crucial, and you might also want to keep an eye on the supports (or carries) that can help him get the kill. In the lane, just harass him and start with a Magic Stick; if you have three or more napalm stacks go away but stay in the exp range.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » October 30, 2013 2:12pm | Report
Night Stalker actually can win the lane against pudge (since pudge isn't about winning the lane anyways) I also like to go kunkka and centaur against pudge, I always liked them not if they were counters or anything but I seem to do well with them against pudge since all 3 of them are pretty tanky and might even survive pudge's combo if it comes to that :p

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » October 31, 2013 2:22pm | Report
Rush Dagon if you're playing mid.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sansheva » November 6, 2013 6:35am | Report
i think that also necrolyte is a good counter to pudge

sansheva

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by thesailorboy » November 6, 2013 4:16pm | Report
Honestly abandon can take on pudge any day even if they are in different lanes. Hooking an abandon actually helps him and same with rot. In my games with abandon, whenever there is a pudge, he can never kill me because abandon is more durable. The solution to pudge is bee more durable.
EDIT:AUTO CORRECT MADE ME WRITE ABANDON. I MEAN ABADDON

thesailorboy

Steam: NYC.Chicago
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » November 6, 2013 4:43pm | Report
thesailorboy wrote:

Honestly abandon can take on pudge any day even if they are in different lanes. Hooking an abandon actually helps him and same with rot. In my games with abandon, whenever there is a pudge, he can never kill me because abandon is more durable. The solution to pudge is bee more durable.

The solution to Pudge is to not get hooked at all, vision and movement speed is a lot more reliable then allowing him to hook you. When he does get a kill off and goes back to base and has an item you don't see yet, you'll be in for a surprise when he comes for you next, especially since he won't be alone.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by John Zoidberg » November 6, 2013 6:44pm | Report
I find it extremely easy to lane against a Pudge... One defensive ward amd some half-decent jukes will win you the lane easily

John Zoidberg

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wonderbawlz » November 7, 2013 12:53am | Report
I find Razor a great counter to a lot of mids !

Wonderbawlz

Steam: ^KSY!
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved