Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dotafire...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Support » Dotafire... 17 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by NotSureIf » August 30, 2012 11:44am | Report
Why not continue to make more regardless? You make a very decent guide of which I follow from time to time, you shouldn't let them trolls stop you.

NotSureIf
<Editor>

Notable (16)
Steam: Bugger
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LiLPr0 » September 4, 2012 12:44am | Report
well, you downvote numeta's for no reason tbh items are pretty standard and useful. (fanboy))

LiLPr0

Notable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by NotSureIf » September 4, 2012 1:47am | Report
LiLPr0 wrote:

well, you downvote numeta's for no reason tbh items are pretty standard and useful. (fanboy))

Was this aimed at me?

NotSureIf
<Editor>

Notable (16)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » September 4, 2012 4:47pm | Report
I think I made a thread about this awhile back. But yeah, you shouldn't let people who downvote just for fun piss you off or whatever. If you made a good guide, people will eventually upvote it, and more people will view it.

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » September 8, 2012 10:23pm | Report
As the community grows we will hopefully see less trolls and more users genuinely trying to rate the quality of guides. We have a very small community at the moment and that is mainly due to the fact that Dota 2 is still in beta, once we see a full release it is likely we will see the volume of users and guides that our sister site MOBAFire.com has.

With regards to Alt Accounts, that is something myself and the Admins can investigate and deal with as it is against the DOTAFire Rules and Guidelines
Quoted:

Accounts

Members are permitted to open one account only. Members found to be operating more than one account may have any or all accounts removed at the discretion of DOTAFire. If you are having trouble accessing your account reset your password or contact our support before creating a new account.

If you suspect someone is using an alt-account feel free to PM me about it, DO-NOT go confronting them about it without proof leave that to us. Make sure you have valid cause for concern about these accounts too, as not every account with 1 post that has posted on a guide is an alt-account.

We all start from somewhere.

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » September 9, 2012 3:56pm | Report
The best thing to do if you expect someone is using an Alt account is to report one of their posts / guides and say which users you suspect of being alt accounts and why. This will notify all admins and mods and so it will be taken care of faster, with the added bonus of having a record for that user.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Notable (17)
Steam: Mowen
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by NotSureIf » September 10, 2012 3:56am | Report
Mowen wrote:

The best thing to do if you expect someone is using an Alt account is to report one of their posts / guides and say which users you suspect of being alt accounts and why. This will notify all admins and mods and so it will be taken care of faster, with the added bonus of having a record for that user.

Screenshot evidence goes a long way also. Saves the admins and mods scrambling through each post just to see what your talking about.

NotSureIf
<Editor>

Notable (16)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved