Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Advanced Hero Statistics

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Support » Advanced Hero Statistics 33 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » January 11, 2012 7:49pm | Report
Quoted:

We haven't been dating long enough.

Rofl

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » January 11, 2012 8:22pm | Report
Quoted:

We haven't been dating long enough.

It might give us a chance to get to know each other better.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Steam: RetrtoTvirus
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » January 20, 2012 4:57pm | Report
Wow this got wayyyy derailed.

Atlas was absolutely right when he said please no personal attacks. If you need to disagree with someone, do it constructively and in the right venue / context. The initial comment that stirred up this whole derail was not constructive and had no relevance to the OP.

Additionally, retaliating against an attack with further attacks does not help. If someone does this to you, report their comment so that we can track their behavior across the site and deal with it. Replying with more attacks just helps them get their jollies at your expense while making the site less enjoyable for everyone else.

Now as a result, we have several pages of derailment that have broken away from and diminished the visibility of the OP + more fighting and mess. So, please don't do it. Atlas will be getting more tools to combat this type of behavior soon, so I suggest those of you behaving in this way learn to keep it under control. We also track all historic reports. If you carry on you're going to have a record :)

Don't forget we also have a PM system :P If you really need to resolve a personal issue with someone and refuse to use the report system, at least take it to PM.

Now back to the OP.

I agree there are definitely some things missing from the DB. I've actually been considering modifying the way the database works. My thought is that it should be treated more like a wiki page than a database page, with some extra features. You would fill out certain fields that would be used by the browsing and searching tools and in the builder and stats calculation. The rest of the information would be entered as open bbcode text so you could format it as you please and add any extra information that wasn't required by the builder.

We could add a way to pull in data from those fields as well to make it easier to keep the text it up to date. We could also split the tooltip text from the main text, so that you could go into a lot more detail on the main page without making the tooltips crazy.

Anyways I'm going to lock this thread as I think it accomplished its goal :)

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved