Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Advanced Hero Statistics

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Support » Advanced Hero Statistics 33 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HamSandwich » January 10, 2012 9:15am | Report
List edited to include Storm Spirit.

HamSandwich

Remarkable (34)
Steam: HamSandwich
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LuvLes » January 10, 2012 12:14pm | Report
Whated wrote:

*sigh*

Kids still can't understand Dagon as the best item ever. You guys just looking at the numbers and talking **** in theory. I'm almost sure you will cry hours after I beat you up with my Dagon over 9000 Storm Spirit. Even thought I know you are too scared to come to EU servers.

Now go, loveless,

Get some manners.
...We are not talking about individual skill of anyone in this entire topic, it started off with the intention of directing players to unchanging statistics to the hero database. Then Morph wanted to add recommended items to the hero database, which is what we have the entire section listed Builds & Guides for. I was mainly talking **** to him in the fact that the entire post he made was literally ******ed and that what Ham had said was 100% true, that he is an idiot for making a post like that at all.

Can we get back to the point of where this would be a good idea to add ALL of the UNCHANGING STATS, meaning that no items, no play styles, nothing is involved. Just pure numbers and statistics that always persist.

We have guides for the entire purpose of discussing our opinions on items and heroes, where you can even add your own opinion of what items you would personally put on a hero. Oh, you didn't even put the time into explaining why you would do that? Yet you want to insult others and recommend the items anyway? Oh goodie. Also what Valve puts into the recommended items is also an opinion. Ever notice how everyone jumped at the chance to modify recommended items in-game?

Also the reason I respect Ham, is because he was the first person to literally tell me that I was ****ing ******ed and that I needed a reality check, that is put into my own words by the way. I didn't listen at all and flamed him, we all remember that I am sure. Later I changed my tune once I actually talked to him and a few of his friends, discussing different opinions with multiple scenarios and detailed explanations. Even after that game we lost horribly to them and everyone was so sure that we lost just because we just don't play together, other than that we did good. Ham even offered to point out our mistakes, nobody took that offer. He is extremely helpful and I respect the guy now, after having blown up in his face for saying that I was wrong... When later I found out just how wrong I was.

Sorry that I took some time to learn more about the game instead of being content where I was after taking the time to listen to more experienced players.

Also sorry if I offend anyone in a game with the general audience of college age students, because someone somewhere might be offended. Though everyone else is excluded from holding a selective opinion of someone just as long as they word it correctly.

Also, Black King Bar.

LuvLes

Remarkable (32)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Whated » January 10, 2012 12:55pm | Report
I understand. Also In my honest opinion. We all should get a long everything would be much much more fun :3.

Spoiler: Click to view
If the day should ever come when we must go, if some day we are compelled to leave the scene of history, we will slam the door so hard that the universe will shake and mankind will stand back in stupefaction.
Joseph Goebbels

Whated

Notable (12)
Steam: Whated
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » January 10, 2012 2:36pm | Report
It's still not a reason to be a blatant ***. No matter how ignorant the suggestion or remark, you shouldn't insult someone. Correct them and tell them that their idea is stupid, but dont make it personal. That's how arguments are started.

Social skills 101.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » January 10, 2012 8:11pm | Report
I would just suggest everyone not comment on Loveless and HamSandwich's posts if they don't want to get into an argument or be abused because they didn't understand the point you were making.

Yes your idea is quite good Loveless, the suggested items shouldn't be placed along with these stats.

Sorry HamSandwich not all of us are professional Dota Players, so we don't just play organized games, we actually play pubs. Where you can get a Dagon, and do quite well in a game.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Steam: RetrtoTvirus
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HamSandwich » January 11, 2012 8:31am | Report
And yet again Morphism busts out the personal attacks. Right after Atlas posts about respect for others and the use of insults, Morphism totally ignores it. If you took the time to read my post, you would understand that I don't actually ever say that it is impossible to do well with a Dagon. My point is that if someone is looking to get better at Dota, you are doing them a disservice by suggesting Dagon. To be perfectly honest, you can get any item build and do well in a pub.

HamSandwich

Remarkable (34)
Steam: HamSandwich
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LuvLes » January 11, 2012 10:48am | Report
Quoted:

I would just suggest everyone not comment on Loveless and HamSandwich's posts if they don't want to get into an argument or be abused because they didn't understand the point you were making.

You suggested that recommended items should be added to each hero, on a site that is all about building guides and recommending items to go with the guide.

That is why that was a stupid idea, but what made it worse was:

Posting about recommending a Dagon for a ganking hero as an example that would be viewed by anyone who viewed that hero, making new players think getting one every single game would be good. Note that a large majority of new players and even a small portion of the average players you find in pubs, forget to use active items.

Saying that, made you look like an idiot.

So now before telling us we make everything into an argument, do you agree with my points? Or am I just arguing blindly. You have to take in the fact that a large variety of players just play the game, with no regard for a core strategy or even a general item build.

LuvLes

Remarkable (32)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » January 11, 2012 3:43pm | Report
Quoted:

You suggested that recommended items should be added to each hero, on a site that is all about building guides and recommending items to go with the guide.

That is why that was a stupid idea, but what made it worse was:

Posting about recommending a Dagon for a ganking hero as an example that would be viewed by anyone who viewed that hero, making new players think getting one every single game would be good. Note that a large majority of new players and even a small portion of the average players you find in pubs, forget to use active items.

Saying that, made you look like an idiot.

So now before telling us we make everything into an argument, do you agree with my points? Or am I just arguing blindly. You have to take in the fact that a large variety of players just play the game, with no regard for a core strategy or even a general item build.

I never disagreed that Dagon isn't good for new players! I was simply using dagon as a PURE example for what is currently being suggested by valve IN GAME. I would NEVER suggest Dagon to new players. But you both seriously took my words extremely out of context. Ham please go away.

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » January 11, 2012 3:49pm | Report
HamSandwich wrote:

And yet again Morphism busts out the personal attacks. Right after Atlas posts about respect for others and the use of insults, Morphism totally ignores it. If you took the time to read my post, you would understand that I don't actually ever say that it is impossible to do well with a Dagon. My point is that if someone is looking to get better at Dota, you are doing them a disservice by suggesting Dagon. To be perfectly honest, you can get any item build and do well in a pub.

At no point did I ever say that Dagon was my suggestion, I was using it as an example that valve is currently suggesting Dagon on heroes, I meant to put all suggested items currently in game, in the database. But I have already conceded that it isn't a good idea. I will stand by that dagon is a useful item under certain cur***stances, and really if you both had understood my stance from the very beginning this wouldn't happen.

Even if you didn't understand I think there was a lot of overreacting in this thread. I don't want to fight either of you... Can we move in yet?

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LuvLes » January 11, 2012 7:44pm | Report
Quoted:
Can we move in yet?

We haven't been dating long enough.

LuvLes

Remarkable (32)
View My Blog

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved