Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What is the BEST team!?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » What is the BEST team!? 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » October 17, 2012 7:09pm | Report
I generally hope for a a well-balanced composition while picking heroes for their strong points, I also pick certain heroes to cover teams' weakness if you know what I mean....

Shadow Demon, Disruptor or Sand King
Anti-Mage, Morphling or Brewmaster
Queen of Pain or Rubick or a good Pudge
Jakiro, Tidehunter or Chen
Windrunner or Dark Seer

A majority have good control over battles while having some good initiators and IMO are quite mobile.

If you want to dedicate to one strategy then you got to pick heroes that are good for that strategy while doing the above mentioned. That's how I see it at least, for example if I pick a push strategy then I'm going to pick heroes are strong early-mid game and hope the games end before the late-game mark.

Jakiro for his improved Ice Path and Liquid Fire

Tinker for strong early game pressure and split pushing power OR Nature's Prophet for his global presence/push/pressure and late-game damage potential incase push-strat failed.

Juggernaut for his Healing Ward and his high early-mid game damage or Brewmaster for his ultimate and strong damage output( Thunder Clap and right clicks hurt!)

Windrunner for her flexibility to fulfill any role and strong early-mid game presence (Her ult is good at taking down towers)

Shadow Demon has good initiation and control with Disruption while being able to push fairly well IMO with clones OR Sand King for his overall toolset, has great mobility, stun, game changing ultimate and roams very well, I'll post a match ID later this week that shows me roaming with SK and won. (You'll also see a very funny moment that happened ^-^) A good Chen is also a solid choice!

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Captain Planet » October 18, 2012 8:19am | Report
I just realized that we have been talking about the meta team. Hero composition. I wanted to touch base briefly on the subject of what actually makes a good team.

The players behind the heroes. It starts with knowledge of the meta game. Of course any new player can read this and tell his new player friends to pick all these great heroes we are saying. But if they do not know how to use them their team can become rather useless. So to fill in this rather common gap, I would like to point out a few necessary team tactics that can make a good team regardless of the hero composition.

A) Communication. It is important to be able to communicate not only effectively but respectfully to your teammates. The most easy method is voice chat. Although this should be limited in competitive play and reserved for someone designated as a lead, knowing how to tell people when a gank is coming or that your lane is missing is very important. Also for initiating purposes and targeting scenarios this function presides over all else.

B) Understanding. Having knowledge of the meta game as a whole is your absolute best weapon in dota 2. Much like Sun Tzu's art of war, knowing your enemy and respecting them and their abilities can warrant you a better overall chance of winning your game then playing as Rambo. This is not limited to understanding your own teams capabilities, and understanding the players competence levels as well. Relying heavily on a tides who is being played by a new player will not warrant much benefit when you engage and he doesn't blink in to ult. Thus your death ensured... this is not his fault but your own. Take a brief moment to analyze your players competence levels and act or instruct appropriately.

C)Maintain a cool Temper. Many games have people who cannot handle failure, raging and ill tempers can really lead an individual to spiral down a path of anger from which there will be no return in the current game. Team morale can be very important and maintaining proper composure can go a long way. Blaming others for not doing their roles can frustrate them and you even more then necessary, if you notice something is not going as it should, do 1 of 2 things, make a subtle comment about it and what should be done to rectify it, or solve the problem yourself. If you are in a pub game and someone is failing miserably and they cannot be reasoned or rationed with, then simply go out of your way to make up for it. If you are a carry spend some money on wards to ensure you stop getting ganked, this can warrant a better chance of winning then simply blaming the entire game on the failure.

If you find these qualities in players, then these are the people who are capable of being on a strong team.

Captain Planet

Notable (4)
Steam: Captain Planet
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » November 4, 2012 10:42am | Report
the best team in my opinion are thos asian guys that won the international thingy and got that toy shield thing and a ****ton of cash.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
Steam: BaconBorn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » November 20, 2012 8:40pm | Report
Very good post, Captain Planet. Another great point to mention is to know your enemy. If you've spent time watching any competition match, a huge factor of the game is decided in the first 5 minutes, where teams are banning, picking, counter picking.
"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved