Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ultimate Hero?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Ultimate Hero? 40 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » April 5, 2013 4:24am | Report
Slark - just learn to land Pounce and you can start pwning everyone with ease, especially if you have stun/slow support like Crystal Maiden (which is amazing, it's even possible to make double kill at first minute with her). You can find some nice builds on this site.

Clinkz is also very easy to learn, just get that lvl 6, eat big creep in jungle and go for double kill. Killing heroes in early-mid game with him is just too easy to fail. When you make crit item, the only thing you should be afraid of is long stun and gem, cause everyone will die in few shots if you are lucky enough to land 1/2 crits. It's also very easy to run from one lane to other if you use build that prioritize E over Q.

Lina is another hero that should be mentioned, she was one of my first heroes I was learning and I know that she is very powerful even in mid-late game due to her ulti doing 1250 damage at lvl 3 with aghanim and very fast attack speed (I had best results maxing Q first, E second and W last, cause W is sometimes too hard to land and buff from passive is much more reliable).

Sniper - nothing more to say, unhittable in laning stage if you make use of his attack range, also projectile speed makes last hitting and denying incredible easy.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 5, 2013 5:27am | Report
It sounds like you want to play gankers/semi-carries - so yeah Night Stalker is a great example of one. The biggest difficulty you'll probably finding is that you're trying to change role as well as change hero - the people you've been playing as are carries: farm, get occasional kills, win late game. Gankers are a different breed, your power comes a lot earlier, but also starts to disappear as the game goes longer - you need different skills and a new mindset.

The long version...
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Digital Insanity » April 11, 2013 7:26am | Report
Well, to be honest, most people would suggest getting the "1 button" heroes such as sniper, skeleton King and so on.
It's true, these hereos are very good at every level of the game.
Night Stalker is great early and mid game but hes not that great in the late stages of the game.

Lifestealer is an awesome answer to your thread though hes usually played passively until he gears up a little. Visage is also awesome. Warlock is useful all game too because of the Fatal Bonds in the early stages to harass people and after that he's useful because of both Fatal Bonds and Ultimate Skill. His support and babysitting capabilites are also good in the laning phase.

However, the best late game hero (assuming he's farmed properly towards his optimal item build) is defenately Faceless Void.
This hero can literally own any hero with or without use of the Chronosphere. (Tested against most mellee carries. He owned the mighty Lifestealer in a 1v1 same items full item build scenario.)

Digital Insanity

Steam: Russian Nr. 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unorc » April 11, 2013 10:17am | Report
Surprised no one's mentioned Ursa, no one in pubs seems to be able to play against him and he does ridiculous amounts of damage very quickly.

Unorc

Notable (1)
Steam: UNORC
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Volpe » April 11, 2013 8:09pm | Report
there is no ultimate hero, DotA is A team based game so even if u pick a "good" hero and your team F***s up, u lose.

NINJA TEXT!

<---

Volpe

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » May 8, 2013 5:26am | Report
How come Pudge is never mentioned? With his Meat Hook into Dismember and Rot combo, he is very strong early to mid game.

frogger_29

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » May 8, 2013 8:27am | Report
frogger_29 wrote:

How come Pudge is never mentioned? With his Meat Hook into Dismember and Rot combo, he is very strong early to mid game.

Because he's really easy to counter and a risky pick. Talking about competitive matches.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » May 8, 2013 9:31pm | Report
Hades4u wrote:

Because he's really easy to counter and a risky pick. Talking about competitive matches.

Hmmm... So true. But he does own in pubs, especially when the player is very skilled.

frogger_29

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » August 26, 2013 12:24pm | Report
I have found Juggernaut to be easy to play, and with a lot of the builds on this site he can be very effective throughout the whole game. Lifestealer is great once you learn how to jungle. Sven and Drow Ranger are both strong carries, so if you feel comfortable with Drow Ranger that is honestly a good hero to try to master.

I would consider my two mains to be Juggernaut and Lifestealer, and I am intending on starting to learn Disruptor, Dazzle, Luna and Skywrath Mage.

There's just so many viable heroes in this game! Find 2 or 3 you like, even if you don't do that well with them, and just practice. Real matches, bot matches, everything. Just have fun! It's a game, after all.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LG_Fox_Brazil » August 26, 2013 7:50pm | Report
You could read a bit about Razor, then training a few matches against bots and putting your skills to the test against real players. It is a great hero to deny and last hit, as well as to get some kills during the whole match and making the enemy carrier useless!

LG_Fox_Brazil

Notable (5)

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved