Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ultimate Hero?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Ultimate Hero? 40 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ebs512 » October 26, 2012 8:18pm | Report
I am having the most difficult time picking and efficiently using heroes. I have had most success with Drow Ranger and Sven. I just got done playing with Night Stalker with 0 kills 11 death ratio. I want to know who is an ultimate beast of a hero early in the game and who can be very efficient mid-late game. I'm tired of picking heroes where I can only get the best upgrade 5min before the match is over, thanks anyone who can help

ebs512

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 27, 2012 12:24am | Report
The answer is the one you played, Night Stalker.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 27, 2012 1:26am | Report
Indeed, Night Stalker is a real terror early game, and is very strong mid=late game as well.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 28, 2012 2:57am | Report
wilddeonpwn wrote:

Techies.

/thread

If you don't know how to play Goblin Techies, the game will just be four versus six.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Captain Planet » October 31, 2012 12:34pm | Report
Ultimate hero? I guess I would rank the new Centaur warruner. His presence from early-mid-late game is terrifying, and he shuts down to much with his ult... Team ganking you carry? wait centaur ult and they fled? huh I need to farm 2k real quick, lets do it faster then axe with stomp and double edge all day through wave after wave then speed jungle, wtf? Oh no, my dmg return works on ranged, lol you just killed yourself drow for trying to chase me down with frost arrow? Huh all I need is some Int treads for mana and a heart and I'm godlike? This hero seriously is the new leader of the pack in my opinion. You can build him for any role, he can Out carry almost anyone. It's hard to stop him, you can only run.. you can only run.....

Seriously though, sure you can disable him, but you can disable anyone. I know there are ways to counter him but he just has way to much to offer....= best!!!! in my op.

The most hilarious thing to do, is when enemy enigma black holes the 4 man team, and centaur, busy farming a jungle just goes, R, sorry nigma U lose.

Captain Planet

Notable (4)
Steam: Captain Planet
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » November 1, 2012 6:58pm | Report
You could try Viper. He's pretty noob-friendly and has a killer slow and DoT.

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by teh.panda » February 9, 2013 12:47pm | Report
I agree with the above post of viper.

Go mid and after lvl 3/4 you can kill most heroes early with Damage over time!

Also venomancers good of you want to go top or bit lane in pubs, as his gale (slow) and wards (if placed just ahead of a hero your chasing down) can net some easy kills.

People like Sven are always good. Good cleave, a AoE stun and can be great late game with good item build. :)

Night stalker is also brilliant if you get a good head start in mid!

Really it depends what role you fancy taking but I assume it's a carry which is mid game based with good ganking possibilities?

Centaurs another good shout.

Also silencer if you're lucky with early kills

teh.panda

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » February 9, 2013 2:31pm | Report
If you know how to jungle, Lycan is a pretty good mid hero. His spells are simple and 2 of them are just buffs and the other is a minion one. You just need to know how to jungle.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by bathristo » February 10, 2013 12:57am | Report
Just play with Sven and own everything in your path .

bathristo

Steam: viewfive
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Entenei » April 5, 2013 2:51am | Report
Spirit breaker is easy enough to get kills early mid and does alright late game too. - also pretty easy to use. just have to watch you don't charge into something you can't win.
Night stalker and Viper are also both good reasonably simple heros to carry well on.

If you want to be good, but dont mind being support something like witch doctor is good for that, Early game offers great damage and stun. later on offers very annoying bouncing stun along with an ultimate. - can gear him up easy enough for trying to get alot of kills or more pref build him to support the team. hes a bit squishy however.

Other good heros... Imo:

Visage is one of if not the best hero, 6 second stun (chained) - a slow a movement speed inc, attack speed inc and a debuff to attack speed dec - all in one spell. extra armour and massive burst mid / early game. and if built ok can do wel enough end game too or can support end game with the correct items. all round awesome hero... However... he is alot harder to use then other heros so if you are looking for a user friendly hero.. maybe stay away.

Warlock - Another support like Witch doctor but with his ultimate can easy kill off people and take down towers, reasonably easy to play. again not a carry however so shouldn't be stealing money.

Ultimatly find a hero that fits your play style and play him/her a bit and you will get good with them, sometimes they wont fit against the team and u gota try something new.

Entenei

Notable (2)

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved