Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Natures Prophet Build (Constructive Criticism)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Natures Prophet Build (Constructive Criticism) 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheJesusFreak » June 26, 2013 1:24pm | Report
The purpose of this thread: To examine possible better builds than the one I present for the character Natures Prophet

Background: I've played many games as Prophet, I consider him one of my prime choices when heading into any non-competitive match due to obvious reasons:

1: He is very versatile(Semi-Carrying can be effective, while on the other side, he could be played as a semi-support)

2. Hes a great over-all character and although he is item dependent (VERY) he can also kick some major *** late game and even much earlier depending on whether you've been ganking/pushing etc.

On to the point however...

My general build for prophet NON JUNGLING has been (In order of items obtained): Gloves of Haste (Although i know this is definitely NOT the best item you could pick up right off the bus, however the only way I can justify it is by saying it allows me to build Midas or Treads a lot faster. I don't always go with this, but its generally my first pick item). So, Gloves of Haste and a Tango, followed by Hand of Midas and Power Treads and a Mjolnir then Orchid Malevolence (only if the enemy is nuking hard or super skill dependent characters), along with Daedalus. Anything after that could be a Desolator or Assault Cuirass and or Divine Rapier. If I've gotten this far, I'm generally level 25 and astonished that the game hasn't ended yet lawlz.

Thats it basically haha.

So what am I asking? What can I do to make this build any better? Of course there are errors with it to some extent and I'm willing to accept that, please don't be brutal on my build and CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY

Also point out:
What is wrong with this build? What could I do better, etc.

Thank You for reading this long post and may the trees guide you :)

TheJesusFreak

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by zGKrom » June 29, 2013 8:47am | Report
Nature's prophet is a really good split pusher meaning his power is teleporting, summoning treants and pushing top or bot, whenever you are endangered you must tp out (always carry a tp for surprise ganks) so giving it that, after midas and treads you could go for a Shadow Blade, there's not going to be the whole team rotating to kill you but be weary of Spirit Breaker if he has dust, I think he's the ultimate coutner to spit pushing natures prophet. Anyhow, giving it that, a Desolater would be a great choice since it reduces armor on towers and on enemy heroes, than you must improve your 1v1 as mentioned above, and a Schyte of Vyse should solve that problem. Comboed with trees after or before, it's just a beast. Last item you can go for something like a Daedalus or Manta Style, they're usually strong picks and you will be able to wreck both towers as well as enemies, providing CC and huge amounts of damage late game.
The Bird of Hermes is My name, eating My wings to make Me tame.

zGKrom
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: Krom
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » June 29, 2013 10:02am | Report
You're playing him as a hard carry (with all that farming equipment) rather than a semi-carry tbh - that's not necessarily a bad thing, but are the opposition letting you get all that stuff without you having any survivability equipment? ( Hand of Midas -> Maelstrom -> Mjollnir -> Orchid Malevolence -> Daedalus gives you 0 hitpoints or escape mechs). If so, great, but you may find you have to look at other items like Shadow Blade, Scythe of Vyse, etc.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheJesusFreak » June 29, 2013 10:05am | Report
Thank you zGKrom, very much appreciated. I have to ask however, what are your thoughts on obtaining a Orchid Malevolence and a Scythe of Vyse (of course, a very situational imo combo of items) for a total of, if my math is correct, 8.5 seconds of total stun/silence? Just had to ask :P

And Sando, thats a great point, a Shadow Blade is always great item if you need to hide yourself from the enemy or help in split pushing. What items would you recommend I obtain instead of the ones I listed, Sando?

TheJesusFreak

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » June 29, 2013 11:56am | Report
Well, one of the great strengths of NP is his flexibility in item choices - there's nothing wrong with your item choices, provided you get time to build and use them without being hunted down. Aside from agility items like Butterfly there's not that many items that really don't work on him. However, you might need to look at survivability in some games - Shadow Blade can work well if you use it correctly, and aren't against heroes like Bounty Hunter or with a team stacking lots of invis. Rushing Scythe of Vyse after treads isn't uncommon (190hp), you might consider Medallion of Courage or even a Mekansm depending on your team/opposition.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheJesusFreak » June 29, 2013 5:16pm | Report
Thank you Sando, I appreciate the feedback.

TheJesusFreak

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved