Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

In patch 6.86, who is carry 10/10 9/10 8/10...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » In patch 6.86, who is carry 10/10 9/10 8/10... 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by zlblack77 » February 7, 2016 5:41am | Report
Too many change in dota2 nowaday such as : faceless void dont be hard carry anymore. I cant understand change in most carry at all. So i dont know what carry is be hard carry or carry or semicarry. Thank you for your thinkng and commend.

zlblack77

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » February 7, 2016 7:54am | Report
Well the hardest carries this patch (that are played) imho, are:

Tier 1

1. Spectre
2. Morphling
3. Lone Druid

Tier 2

4. Gyro
5. Juggernaut
6. Nature's Prophet

Tier 3

7. Outworld Devourer
8. Legion Commander
9. Lifestealer

Tier 4 (situational picks)

10. Razor
11. Templar Assassin
12. Wraith King

Cheers!
TheSofa

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » February 7, 2016 10:30am | Report
I think you should forget terms like semicarry. I used these terms as well but when you think about it they don't really mean much. The position system seems more logical to me.
Could you please just give us a list of heroes of which you want to know whether they are carries or "semicarries"?

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 7, 2016 10:40am | Report
Faceless Void is still a hard carry, it's just, people don't play him as one. His latest change buffed him as an offlaner/initiator only and had very little impact on him as a carry, so now everybody is going Blink Dagger, Vladmir's Offering and Aghanim's Scepter on offlane Void which is the only way he's currently played.
Nothing changed about carry Void, it's just, nobody plays carry Void, because Void as a carry is simply not good enough compared to current meta picks.

As for the question of carry rankings, they haven't changed really. The only changes that happened to this are extremely minor.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperKamiGuru2.0 » February 7, 2016 12:27pm | Report
^ Faceless Void doesn't have backtrack anymore and timewalk has **** range now so no skill for initiation, basically forcing him to get a blink which is 1 slot wasted....

SuperKamiGuru2.0

Steam: TheFabulousHunter
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » February 7, 2016 1:01pm | Report
Making a list is probably not indicative of anything, but alright, here's some lists for you.

Highest Consistent Damage Potential:
1. Terrorblade
2. Chaos Knight
3. Troll Warlord
4. Sven
5. Morphling
6. Spectre
7. Outworld Devourer
8. Meepo

Tankiest:
1. Spectre
2. Medusa
3. Morphling
4. Faceless Void
5. Dragon Knight
6. Wraith King
7. Chaos Knight
8. Bristleback

Best Crowd Control:
1. Faceless Void
2. Tinker
3. Invoker
4. Slardar
5. Naga Siren
6. Dragon Knight
7. Leshrac
8. Gyrocopter

Mobile:
1. Storm Spirit
2. Ember Spirit
3. Tinker
4. Timbersaw
5. Kunkka
6. Morphling
7. Anti-Mage
8. Phantom Lancer

Best Pushers:
1. Arc Warden
2. Lone Druid
3. Lycan
4. Drow Ranger
5. Morphling
6. Tiny
7. Terrorblade
8. Troll Warlord

Early Activating (Probably most relevant to this patch):
1. Gyrocopter
2. Vengeful Spirit
3. Juggernaut
4. Chaos Knight
5. Viper
6. Outworld Devourer
7. Ursa
8. Ember Spirit

Can Fight the Most Often:
1. Tiny
2. Timbersaw
3. Tinker
4. Ember Spirit
5. Leshrac
6. Storm Spirit
7. Slark
8. Morphling

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 7, 2016 2:32pm | Report

^ Faceless Void doesn't have backtrack anymore and timewalk has **** range now so no skill for initiation, basically forcing him to get a blink which is 1 slot wasted....

There's no need for blink on carry Void whatsoever. The reason why offlane Void buys blink is to land Time Dilation on heroes with escape skills after they used them. Chrono is not the main reason.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » February 7, 2016 10:11pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Faceless Void is still a hard carry, it's just, people don't play him as one. His latest change buffed him as an offlaner/initiator only and had very little impact on him as a carry, so now everybody is going Blink Dagger, Vladmir's Offering and Aghanim's Scepter on offlane Void which is the only way he's currently played.
Nothing changed about carry Void, it's just, nobody plays carry Void, because Void as a carry is simply not good enough compared to current meta picks.

As for the question of carry rankings, they haven't changed really. The only changes that happened to this are extremely minor.

Hard carry void?
Well you could say that backtrackchange means that he is less dependent on passive backtrack to survive. Meaning that silver edge has lass chance to mess him up. However, relying on actives means he needs a BKB and even then stunlocking will kill him as he has no means for survival that works passively.
He lost his initiate. His chrono cast time is pitiable and this guy literally throws no damage via rightclicks unless he gets AS.

Hard carry might be a tough definition now for void to fit in. Most hard carry these days have some way to contribute to the fights early. You can say time dilation is one but other people have more impressive spell loadout. Metamorphosis,Gods Strength, Desolate, Arcane Orb, Warcry, Phantasm. You get the idea. You need a 5 draft lineup to accommodate a carry void where the team arranges the chrono and he deals damage. Therein lies the problem.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 8, 2016 12:45am | Report
I'd still say Void's a hard carry and indeed got *buffed* as a carry, if only slightly. For the sake of simplicity, I'll still go with him being part of the 'big three' in terms of hard carry.

Tier 1
Void
Medusa
Spectre

Tier 2
Terrorblade
Morphling
Chaos Knight
Tiny
Phantom Lancer
Naga Siren

Tier 3
Troll Warlord
Luna
Lone Druid (with a reasonable 6 slots, with 12 you can't possibly deal with him)
Anti-Mage
Phantom Assassin

Tier 4, otherwise known as 'maybe on a good day'
Sven
Wraith King
Outworld Devourer

Those in each tier are pretty close to each other with some exceptions (TB and Morphling being miles above all the other tier 2 hard carries, for example) and the main difference is between the tiers - tier 1 is way above everything else (ostensibly) and tier 2 is considerably above tier 3.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » February 8, 2016 12:57am | Report
Tera, you need to surrender your TB title to me. If you don't even consider him as Tier1.
Shame.

I think CK can also be grouped with the likes of TB and Morph. In fact he can wreck each of them given hes 6 slotted with ulti. Many members have assented to the possibility of CK being unstoppable if 6 slotted..

On to the void part. I would really like to know why you say he got buffed. Enlighten me, no sarcasm.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved