Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thread The God of Innovations

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Thread The God of Innovations 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 28, 2014 1:02am | Report

Thread The God of Innovations

Sorry for taking so long, my idea was pretty hard to balance and made viable. Even now I don't think it is and there are spaces for improvement, what do you guys think?

Lore:

The magical connections between civilizations are managed by some of the most powerful entities in the world. There are four in total: Thread, Pory, Bunkan and Yzreel.

Thread is the innovator of the four, constantly improving connections and devising new methods of warfare.

Pory is the more patient of the four, often laying in wait for decades until the time is right to strike a powerful blow.

Bunkan is a mystery, constantly changing from serious to laid-back in an instant. If he is called to battle, however, he becomes a formidable opponent.

Yzreel is the teacher, evaluating and making changes to the other four's style of battle, and with good reason. The amount of battle experience he holds makes him perfect for the title.

Long ago, the four nations lived in harmony, but everything changed when the- Wait wrong script.

Long ago, the four gods watched over the galactic connection, protecting it with their very lives if needed. In order to do so, each deity often took turns going to the planet in order to prevent the discovery of their home.

Statistics

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Attack Type: Range
Roles: Pusher, Support, Disabler

Str: 83 at 25 (23+ 2.5/level)
Agi: 63 at 82 (17+ 1.9/level)
Int: 92 at 25 (25 + 2.8/level)

Health: 1727 at 25
MP: 1196 at 25
Armor: 12.5 (3.5 base armor + 9) at 25
Movement: 300
Range: 550

Skills

[Q] Fuse: Thread is so adept at improving connections that he can even connect people so seamlessly, leaving no gap whatsoever be it in relationship or physically. This skill combines a selected allied creep with the closest creep nearby, making a single unit that acts as normal melee creep (and gives normal exp and bounty except if there is a mega creep combined), and gives them bonus damage, HP and armor (based on average damage of the two)

- 55% average damage, 20% average HP and 1 armor
- 70% average damage, 30% average HP and 2 armor
- 85% average damage, 50% average HP and 2 armor
- 100% average damage, 60% average HP and 3 armor

Type: Select Unit
Affect: Allied Creeps

MP Cost: 75
Cooldown: 45/40/30/25 seconds

Now, now, why don't you two make up with each other?

[W] Thread Of Fate: The God Of Innovations played with one of his oldest invention, the thread of fate. Selected unit is controlled temporarily, giving them bonus movement speed and damage. Once the duration ends, the unit instantly dies without giving any EXP. Can be cast on allied hero or self for half of the duration (won't die afterward, allied heroes are not controlled), but not to enemy hero. If this unit becomes material of Fuse, the buff is then applied to the fused unit with reset duration (cannot happen twice.)

- 15 seconds duration, 20 bonus base damage and 40 speed
- 20 seconds duration, 30 bonus base damage and 50 speed
- 25 seconds duration, 40 bonus base damage and 60 speed
- 40 seconds duration, 40 bonus base damage and 60 speed

Type: Select unit
Affect: All units except enemy hero

MP Cost: 100/120/140/160
Cooldown: 25 seconds
Cast Range: 800

My old invention! So nostalgic...

[E] Innovate: Thread cleverly innovates new things within the midst of battle, giving a percentage to do additional effects. This skill gives Thread and units with Fuse or Thread Of Fate buff a chance to slow, stun or deal critical damage on attack. Additionally, all of his skills have a chance to give either bonus damage, movement speed or heal to allied units within 800 points radius from him. The chance is calculated first, and when it counts as proc, the effects randomizes (this means that the chance is counted as singular instance)

- 10% chance
- 15% chance
- 20% chance
- 25% chance

Type: No Target
Affect: Allied Units

MP Cost: 90/120/150/180
Cool down: 25/20/15/10 Seconds
Duration: 15 seconds

Critical Damage: 130/145/160/175% damage
Slow Amount: 15/20/25/30% slow
Slow Duration: 4 seconds
Bash Duration: 0.5/0.75/1/1.25 Seconds

Bonus Damage: 20/25/30/35
Bonus Speed: 6/9/12/15%
Heal: 75/125/175/225

Hmm... I think I should do this!

[R] Mindblowing Thread: Thread creates a thread so interesting that his enemies cannot help but gather around to hear what he has to say, and as he talked about his ideas, his enemies' minds got blown and his ally got inspired. This skill forces all enemy heroes within radius to come to a targeted point, disabling and silencing them as they walk to the point. Once they reach the target point, they are free from disable and silence. After 3 seconds of the initial cast, the thread came to effect and mute every enemy unit within a certain radius from it. All allied units within radius also receive bonus attack speed.

- 400 radius, 2 seconds mute, 350 mute radius
- 550 radius, 3 seconds mute, 400 mute radius
- 700 radius, 4 seconds mute, 450 mute radius

Type: Target Point
Affects: Allied Units, Enemy Heroes, Self

Cooldown: 150 seconds
MP Cost: 200/280/360

Cast Range: 300
Buff Amount: 40/60/80 Attack Speed
Buff Duration: 5 seconds

Gather round! I have a new thread to tell you all!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 28, 2014 1:27am | Report
HHAHAHA. That's awesome. I feel that the ulti is a interesting, but maybe the invention's mute could come from an explosion that also deals damage...Beeecause it feels like I have no actual damage capabilities myself xD

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 28, 2014 1:29am | Report
Haha, I like how Thread of Fate is one of his skills :D.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 28, 2014 1:32am | Report
Also just had an idea for responses if this were to meet tinker

"So umm...Can I see what would happen if I fused one of your machines with that siege creep over there?"

"Ahhhh, Tinker. You are a great innovator amongst the brutish swords and axes."

"Those machines....ARE ADORABLE!"

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 28, 2014 6:38am | Report
I'm not important enough to comment on ;-;

(Jk :P)

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 28, 2014 7:16am | Report
ThreadOfFate wrote:

I'm not important enough to comment on ;-;

(Jk :P)

Of course you're not :P.
(jk)

Love the combining effects it has, perhaps you can pull creeps into the jungle and combine it with a centaur creep :D

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 28, 2014 7:17am | Report
ThreadOfFate wrote:

HHAHAHA. That's awesome. I feel that the ulti is a interesting, but maybe the invention's mute could come from an explosion that also deals damage...Beeecause it feels like I have no actual damage capabilities myself xD

You do have the crit from Innovations

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 28, 2014 7:21am | Report
Compare Minblowing Thread to Reverse Polarity

The range is much larger, it has a longer duration, it buffs allies, and deals physical damage.

Granted, the cooldown is lengthened by 50, and the manacost is increased by 60 and it's a mute, not a stun. Still, I think it needs to be slightly nerfed.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 28, 2014 8:01am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Compare Minblowing Thread to Reverse Polarity

The range is much larger, it has a longer duration, it buffs allies, and deals physical damage.

Granted, the cooldown is lengthened by 50, and the manacost is increased by 60 and it's a mute, not a stun. Still, I think it needs to be slightly nerfed.

Wait... What? There is no damage... Oh right I forgot to change the targets and such, lol sorry. The ult is not supposed to do any damage. Granted, it is a bit too big (the radius), so I reduce it to 400/550/700 radius.
ThreadOfFate wrote:

TheSofa said why I don't think giving any damage is wise, since it would be too OP. Nonetheless, you do have actual damage capability with combination of Fuse and Thread of Fate (You can probably have a unit as strong as a Warlock's golem), which can also be buffed with Innovate. Although there is no damage skill, the damage comes mainly from your micro skill and units (pretty hard though lol)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 28, 2014 8:12am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Wait... What? There is no damage... Oh right I forgot to change the targets and such, lol sorry. The ult is not supposed to do any damage. Granted, it is a bit too big (the radius), so I reduce it to 400/550/700 radius.

TheSofa said why I don't think giving any damage is wise, since it would be too OP. Nonetheless, you do have actual damage capability with combination of Fuse and Thread of Fate (You can probably have a unit as strong as a Warlock's golem), which can also be buffed with Innovate. Although there is no damage skill, the damage comes mainly from your micro skill and units (pretty hard though lol)

I have a question: For Chaotic Offering, what if the golem runs out of time before the time for Fuse is up?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved