Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fury, the Savage Beast

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Fury, the Savage Beast 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Naxela » June 9, 2013 4:04pm | Report
Hello DotaFire, this is my second post on this forum regarding Hero Ideas (you can see my previous one here) This time I devised a strength hard carry heavily reliant on items to achieve power, but devastating to no easily matched degree once he gets them.

Fury, the Savage Beast
"You wouldn't like to see me when I'm angry..."

Bio:
Fury is the name given to a beast that the wisest of creatures have learned to leave alone. His domain in the jungle is avoided by most of civilization, despite is wealth of minerals and plentiful game. Indeed, the corpse of many a hunter has served a decent warning to would-be adventures in this area: "Do NOT disturb the beast".

Overview:
Fury is strength hard carry designed to deal maximum damage with an immense healthpool. He excels lategame when he can accomplish this with great farm. However, his skillset, while powerful, has limitations, such as a great mana requirement to be fully utilized and a lack of damage output should he be lacking in health points. Fury is meant to be feared and plays to this strength, encouraging enemies to avoid hurting him and separate from each other in fights less they risk devastation. This beast, with enough farm, makes someone like ursa seem like a fuzzy teddy bear.

Melee Str Hero
1.9 BAT
2 starting armor
2.7 str gain, 23 base
1.2 agi gain, 15 base
2.0 int gain, 20 base

Explanation:
The stats serve to limit Fury so he isn't easily the strongest hero ever known to Dota. This prevents his skillset from being dull while keeping it still keeping it a bit daunting to fully utilize. To this extent, Fury's str gain is somewhat average to prevent an easily acquired amount of health points. His attack is severely limited by his agi and BAT in order to prevent his unique melee orb from being completely out of control. He takes comfort in having decent int however to prevent him from being 100% reliant on mana items for successful usage.

Tremor Smash:

Fury attacks with such power that the ground around him shakes viciously as he attacks.

A melee orb attack that deals a percent of Fury's max hp as magic dmg in a 300 aoe.
Level 1: 1% of max health and 10 mana cost per attack
Level 2: 2% of max health and 20 mana cost per attack
Level 3: 3% of max health and 30 mana cost per attack
Level 4: 4% of max health and 40 mana cost per attack

Explanation:
Tremor smash is what makes Fury's auto-attacks something to be feared, as entire teams can be diced to pieces by them if they aren't too careful. It is probably his largest mana limitation, being the second-highest mana cost for an orb after Enchantress's, but is somewhat necessary due to its immense effect in a fight. Being an orb, players will have to use judgment as to when to deactivate the ability in order to make use of lifesteal, something that could potentially help Fury quite a bit depending on how is weathering the fight.

Vicious Tackle:

Upon seeing either prey or predator, Fury's response to such presences is to attack without relent.

Fury leaps to a targeted enemy in 700 range, bring down his fist at the end to deal magic damage and giving a tapering slow in a 350 aoe over 5 seconds.
Mana cost: 120
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Level 1: 80 damage and a 20% slow
Level 2: 160 damage and a 30% slow
Level 3: 240 damage and a 40% slow
Level 4: 320 damage and a 50% slow

Explanation:
Vicious Tackle provides Fury an initiation spell commonly needed by melee carries to perform efficiently. Due to this primary usage, the manacost is static to prevent easy early game harassment with Tremor Smash without a decent mana loss. The damage eventually becomes a respectable nuke to accompany the fantastic slow. The cooldown is to allow multiple uses in a teamfight, as Fury will need to be able to switch targets without losing momentum if he is to achieve maximum damage.

Wrath:

Attacking this beast only angers it, encouraging an even more brutal response in return.

For 5 seconds, Fury gains 20% movement speed bonus and any instance of damage taken by Fury gives him bonus strength, which lasts for an additional 15 seconds beyond the build-up time.
Damage Iteration Cooldown: .25 seconds
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Level 1: 1 str point per damage instance (mana cost 70)
Level 2: 2 str points per damage instance (mana cost 80)
Level 3: 3 str points per damage instance (mana cost 90)
Level 4: 4 str points per damage instance (mana cost 100)

Explanation:
That fearsome carry that is destroying your team? Now attacking him worsens your chances. As a Huskar 2.0, Fury loves pain, as he has a lot to gain from it. Smaller attacks outright give him more health than they take away, and he hits all the harder with all that strength buildup. As overpowered as this seems, this buff has one easy counter: just purge it. If you can't manage that, I would not advice trying to burst him down in this mode, as he will pay it back in spades should he survive.

Seismic Slam:

In a final show of dominance, Fury delivers one final blow great enough to deter all in earshot from any future intrusions on his domain.

Grabs a target enemy hero within 200 range, leaps with it up in the air for 1 sec, then brings it down dealing to it Fury's current health/4 in physical damage. If this blow kills the target, then the target's max hp/4 is dealt to enemies in an aoe blast and they also are stunned for 1 second, otherwise the original target is stunned for 1 second.
Level 1: 300 aoe blast (mana cost 200, cooldown 60)
Level 2: 400 aoe blast (mana cost 250, cooldown 45)
Level 3: 500 aoe blast (mana cost 300, cooldown 30)

Explanation:
As any ultimate should be, this ability is not something to be used lightly and definitely a spectacle to see. While being able to be used far more often than an ability such as black hole, Seismic Slam's mana cost is more than enough of a limitation to prevent frequent use on this hero. To get the most of this spell, you must time it for the killing blow like that of Reaper Scythe or Culling Blade. Should you do this, you will be rewarded with a blow like that of many other teamfight ultimates. The ultimate is funny as to maximize its damage your target should be as tanky as possible, yet also low enough so as not to survive the attack (hint hint use your orb to wear him down even if you aren't attacking him directly). You yourself must also be as high health as you can be in order to ensure a killing blow, so make good use of wrath and potential lifesteal. Should you accomplish this, then congratulations, you are now both a teamfighter and a carry.

Item Suggestions:
Like all tanks of the sort, items that give health, armor, and spell resistance are your key to weathering the fight like a champ. Plus, this survivability pays off for you with your abilities. Some mana regeneration might also be needed in order to be able to fulfill your great requirements, meaning an early battle fury or linken's might be what you need to start-off your farm. A bkb is also a great choice to prevent your Wrath from being purged, just remember to activate the bkb first. Beyond that, blademail, heart of tarrasque, and, if you are up for the orb toggling, satanic are all great choices. From there, any space remaining should be reserved for the damage item of your choice (desolator, mkb, daedalus, etc.)

Gameplay:
He's a carry. Farm. But basics aside, your Vicious Tackle is your only early game contribution, so unless you need to assist a kill, you are best off killing stacked neutrals until you have gotten enough farm (or at least levels) to be truly feared. With that accomplished, follow your initiation with a tackle, some tremors, and teamfight-ending ultimate. Cleaning up a fight has never been so easy.

I have another hero idea already in mind but I think I will wait to post that one and let this one get some feedback. Tell me what you think, suggest an aghanim's upgrade if you like, or check out my other hero idea I appreciate all feedback :)

~Naxela

Naxela

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 9, 2013 4:50pm | Report
Wow... This... Is... AWESOME! Great idea :)

EDIT: On closer inspection of his Seismic Smash, I find the ability to instagib any support at level 4 every 20 seconds really overpowered. I suggest reducing the cooldown to 70/60/50. The rest of the skills seem balanced enough.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Naxela » June 10, 2013 7:20am | Report
I doubt it's as powerful as you say; for it to be able to instagib a support, you'd have to be farmed enough that that power would be expected of a hard carry anyway. I did update some stats elsewhere and slightly nerf the cooldown however.

Naxela

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved