Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Windranger Semi - Carry

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Windranger Semi - Carry 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R1KT4 » August 3, 2014 2:17am | Report
How to build Windranger as a semi-carry and what items should i get? :)

R1KT4

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyle The Great » August 3, 2014 2:28am | Report
Get Mjollnir, Orchid Malevolence, Phase Boots/ Power Treads. These are a your core items as a semi-carry. Get Scythe of Vyse and Linken's Sphere if the situation needs it.

As for Skill build. Max Powershot first and then Shackleshot. Get at least one point in Windrun so you have an escape mechanism. Get your Ultimate every time you can, this is what seperates a support Windranger from a semi-carry Windranger

Get Observer wards if your team is full of *******s :P

Kyle The Great

Notable (2)
Steam: ♣ ♥ Kyle_The_Great ♥ ♣
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 3, 2014 2:58am | Report
Maelstrom> Mjollnir because it is gotten for lightnings not AS as Windranger has maximum As in her ulti so Hyperstone is wasted. Also, AFAIK MKB and Skull basher work wery well on semi-carry WR, as well as occasional Diffusal Blade.

All of this, of course(except Maelstrom), goes after Aghanim's Scepter.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 3, 2014 3:07am | Report
Building a carry Windranger is a pretty constroversial topic because everybody goes for a different build. The basic idea is pretty simple : you need mobility ; You need a disable to keep enemies in range of your Focus Fire because Shackleshot is way too unreliable (your target won't always be conveniently standing in front of a tree ^^). You'll need Aghanim's Scepter because the upgrade is really good now for carry Wind. And when you have that you'll need Black King Bar and as many damage items as you can get.

The thing is, that's a lot of stuff. Carry Wind is VERY farm dependent and sometimes I wonder if it's really worth it and if you're not better off playing carry Clinkz who should be able to do more with less farm :)

Carry wind should be played solo offlane (the best) or solo mid (OK but you need to be *good* at the hero otherwise you're just throwing the game with a useless mid). You need to be solo, it's very important, you need the XP.

Here are a few builds :

- Phase Boots / Blink Dagger / Maelstrom : this is how Arteezy builds his solo mid Wind. The Maelstrom is both for AOE damage in teamfights with focus fire and for farming creeps. Pretty good ganking build all-around. After this you can get aither Aghamims, Linkens/BKB, or damage items.

- Phase Boots / Rod of Atos / Force Staff : I really like this build because it gives a lot of mobility/chasing power to keep enemy heroes in range of Focus Fire, a solid ganking build with good escape that transitions well into carry build. Good build for split pushing. Transition into Aghanims, BKB, and damage items.

- Scythe of Vyse rush : it's greedy, but it gets the job done. Good for solo mid wind because a bit like Queen of Pain, Wind mid can't really lose her lane.

I'm not really convinced by Orchid Malevolence on Wind because it doesn't give any disable. Silencing enemies doesn't prevent them from simply walking away. And it's Maelstrom not Mjollnir, upgrading to mjollnir is a waste because Wind doesn't need attack speed.

Skull Basher is surprisingly good on carry Wind, it's the same bash chance as Troll Warlord. Especially with blink dagger, it allows you to bash 2/3 times in one ult.

Try to gank a lot and avoid afk farming/Midas gaming, Wind is first and foremost an early/mid game hero and not a farmer. I've seen a lot of afk Midas Winds throw games completely - if you want to afk farm just don't pick Wind, pick a standard late game DPS hero like Clinkz, Drow or Weaver.

Essentially it's always : pick up a mobility item (blink or forcestaff), pick up a disable to keep enemies in range of focus fire (atos or sheep), pick up aghanims, pick up BKB or linkens depending on enemy team, and go damage items like Deso/Daedalus/MKB/abyssal blade.

The order is mobility/disable first and aghanims/damage next.

Cheers
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved