Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why the system sucks

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why the system sucks 67 posts - page 7 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 19, 2015 2:21pm | Report
There will always be grinding, no matter what we try. I tend to disagree with your statement that this system will turn everything competitive, however. If that were the case, wouldn't the people I play with in ranked not troll, not feed, stop stealing last hits, etc? Ranked is already just like pubs, so turning pubs into ranked isn't a problem in my eyes, and would help those who are actually trying.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 19, 2015 2:30pm | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

Ranked is already just like pubs, so turning pubs into ranked isn't a problem in my eyes, and would help those who are actually trying.

I've got to agree with this. The few ranked matches I was in were just like pubs, with people goind random and the usual lack of communication, and I tend to be angry with people that I encounter in pubs who say "this is just for fun anyway since it is not ranked". It seems that if I want to make an effort to play seriously I have to go ranked, but when I do, it's just the same, plus egos.

I don't know, I guess it's just human nature at play here whatever system is chosen, and probably the best we can do is to make friends and try to do fun and polite matches with them like the in-houses you do here.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 19, 2015 2:36pm | Report
Oh ChiChi, you innocent soul. Don't you know there are no friends in DotA? Kappa.

On a serious note, I completely agree, but getting a good five stack is also hard and sometimes the two people who aren't part of your stack can completely mess the game up for ya. I really wish I could play solo ranked and know that my entire team realized it was ranked and played as such, but alas this cannot happen until human nature changes. I think I'm gonna lay off DotA until the human race evolves.... Hmmm... Not a bad idea actually..

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 19, 2015 2:53pm | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

Oh ChiChi, you innocent soul. Don't you know there are no friends in DotA? Kappa.

On a serious note, I completely agree, but getting a good five stack is also hard and sometimes the two people who aren't part of your stack can completely mess the game up for ya. I really wish I could play solo ranked and know that my entire team realized it was ranked and played as such, but alas this cannot happen until human nature changes. I think I'm gonna lay off DotA until the human race evolves.... Hmmm... Not a bad idea actually..

You mean giving up on doto FOREVA? Nooooooooooo

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 19, 2015 2:54pm | Report
Yeah you're right. We ain't evolving. Oh well, I guess I'll keep playing le dodka then. Oh btw, is dota reborn actually gonna keep Russians on their own servers b/c I've heard a lot of people mention this but I'm not sure how it would accomplish such a seemingly impossible feat.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 19, 2015 2:58pm | Report
AHAHAH the new dota without cykas? well there's a new one. They will find a way of getting into other people's servers anyway, I'm sure - as someone wrote in a guide somewhere around here, learn russian, it saves lives.

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 19, 2015 3:01pm | Report
Haha too true, but does anyone seriously know if Russians will be able to play better on their own servers? I'm interested in this for the very reason that I don't speak Russian, and I would appreciate some Americans in my team from time to time.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved