Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What is the most underrated/overlooked item in Dota?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What is the most underrated/overlooked item in Dota? 35 posts - page 3 of 4

Poll Question:

What is the most underrated/overlooked item in Dota?
Veil of Discord
Heaven's Halberd
Other(leave the item name in the comments)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » July 6, 2014 5:03am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

I wouldn't say they're better, just more powerful and more reliable (not as easy to ignore). Rod of Atos has the longest Cast Range and the lowest Cooldown, so you can not only use it in a Teamfight, possibly even twice, and you can use it again to chase a fleeing straggler afterwards.

Actually, you just provided an example as to why the other sticks were better than RoA.

My biggest fault with it is that there are so many ways to negate its effectiveness. As far as I know; it doesn't stop an opponent from blinking, force staffing, using Shadow Blade, or popping MoM for speed boost.

Also its use in a team fight is negligible. It is a rare that being slowed down would cause a team fight to go wrong.

Personally I think that RoA should be reworked so that there is more of a reason to get it than just some stats and a very situational slow.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 6, 2014 5:13am | Report
Do you guys think it would be a good thing if rod of atos was changed so it goes through magic immunity?
It might need a cooldown increase but atleast it would have a purpose in game. It would be like a mini Demonic Purge without the damage.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Illumination0110 » July 6, 2014 5:16am | Report
An easy Rod of Atos for me, although that item is so freaking amazing.

Illumination0110

Notable (2)
Steam: Nations.Anarchy^
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Illumination0110 » July 6, 2014 5:17am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Do you guys think it would be a good thing if rod of atos was changed so it goes through magic immunity?
It might need a cooldown increase but atleast it would have a purpose in game. It would be like a mini Demonic Purge without the damage.

That would be sick, man !

Illumination0110

Notable (2)
Steam: Nations.Anarchy^
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Moodkill » July 6, 2014 6:12am | Report
I think Blade Mail is underrated. It counters so many heroes like Clinkz so well.

Moodkill

Notable (9)
Steam: Moodkill
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Moodkill » July 6, 2014 6:13am | Report
Also, I think a TP scroll might also be underrated in pubs. Too many times I've seen people die to a Bloodseeker w/o carrying TP scrolls to escape.

Moodkill

Notable (9)
Steam: Moodkill
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » July 6, 2014 6:21am | Report
The Rod of Atos is good on INT farming Heroes that need to build survivability items, the problem is that they're not common at all: Necrophos, Zeus and core Jakiro (who has seen some completitive play last month) can make good use of it, and keep in mind it's core on Skywrath Mage. If only those Heroes were more common, we'd see more Atos picks.

The Veil of Discord, though, is never bought even if a team has enough magic damage to make it a good pick: Lich, Tidehunter, Disruptor and Ancient Apparition are rather common in the competitive scene, but the Veil isn't.

And lastly, the Heaven's Halberd is a super situational item: I mean, which Heroes play a carry role and don't build a BKB? Maybe Juggernaut and Mirana, but that's it. You could also put Ember Spirit in the list, but how are you going to Disarm him if he kills you from a distance?

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 6, 2014 6:30am | Report

The Rod of Atos is good on INT farming Heroes that need to build survivability items, the problem is that they're not common at all: Necrophos, Zeus and core Jakiro (who has seen some completitive play last month) can make good use of it, and keep in mind it's core on Skywrath Mage. If only those Heroes were more common, we'd see more Atos picks.

The Veil of Discord, though, is never bought even if a team has enough magic damage to make it a good pick: Lich, Tidehunter, Disruptor and Ancient Apparition are rather common in the competitive scene, but the Veil isn't.

And lastly, the Heaven's Halberd is a super situational item: I mean, which Heroes play a carry role and don't build a BKB? Maybe Juggernaut and Mirana, but that's it. You could also put Ember Spirit in the list, but how are you going to Disarm him if he kills you from a distance?

its also about FORCING your enemies to build a BKB. heroes like anti mage wojld rather have a heart or abyssal than a bkb but a simple halberd can force them to get a BKB.
also BKB doesnt last forever, and has decreases in length and has a decently long cooldown. so if a carry has to use a 4 second BKB to dispel the disarm then he cant stop the, for instance tidehunter, who is waiting to jump in.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 6, 2014 7:42am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Ironically, I was thinking the exact same thing 8{)

I HATE IT WHEN I GET NINJA'D!!! D{X

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by bballer23 » July 6, 2014 7:42am | Report

That is a good point, however in pubs BKB is also overlooked meaning Heaven's Halberd could be very useful. Carries are supposed to get a BKB but a lot don't.

bballer23

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved