Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Meepo script , Instant poofs.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Meepo script , Instant poofs. 40 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LiLPr0 » January 15, 2013 12:01am | Report
it's called a hardcore game for a reason.

LiLPr0

Notable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 15, 2013 12:12am | Report
LiLPr0 wrote:

it's called a hardcore game for a reason.

No, it should take 2 games to learn each hero.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Drellings » January 15, 2013 2:00am | Report
"That's like crying over someone using a modded controller. Some people aren't good at hotkeys"

That's just it they are NOT good rofl. bads shouldn't be better allowed handicaps because they are bad they should have to play the same way everyone else does.

"Some people don't have 10 hours to grind one hero."

Doesn't take ten hours if you are half competent.

"Ffs just practice in a lobby or man up and play meepo in matchmaking 15 times in a row"

This, like i said get good or don't.

", it doesn't aim for you, it doesn't maneuver for you, it still requires a button to press it just reduces the need for excess button smashing."

this is exactly what it is doing, it takes multiple actions and smashes them into 1 button press essentially playing for you since it does these things FOR you.

the gaming community has really gone down hill, no one cares to get better anymore they just want to be bad and lazy and still be on even grounds. Just call a taxi to work tomorrow since you don't have 10 hours to practice driving each day.

Drellings

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 15, 2013 2:31am | Report
Drellings wrote:

"That's like crying over someone using a modded controller. Some people aren't good at hotkeys"

That's just it they are NOT good rofl. bads shouldn't be better allowed handicaps because they are bad they should have to play the same way everyone else does.

"Some people don't have 10 hours to grind one hero."

Doesn't take ten hours if you are half competent.

"Ffs just practice in a lobby or man up and play meepo in matchmaking 15 times in a row"

This, like i said get good or don't.

", it doesn't aim for you, it doesn't maneuver for you, it still requires a button to press it just reduces the need for excess button smashing."

this is exactly what it is doing, it takes multiple actions and smashes them into 1 button press essentially playing for you since it does these things FOR you.

the gaming community has really gone down hill, no one cares to get better anymore they just want to be bad and lazy and still be on even grounds. Just call a taxi to work tomorrow since you don't have 10 hours to practice driving each day.

You're being pretty dense right now. For one, he says to grind 15 games, that's 10 hours+ what aren't you getting? I played competitive FPS for quite awhile, I had a modded controller, I learned how to use the newer semis with it, then gradually transition to trigger finger, its for learning purposes, just like this tool. You're bashing the kid for taking the time to publish a basic tool for people to learn the basics of a hero.

The gaming community has really gone downhill...that may be true, people whining about helping others learn is really downhill, you should stop, and if you think this game is just centered around smashing 20 hotkeys then maybe you should go grind those 15 games and learn about strategy and not accentuating on hero kills.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LiLPr0 » January 15, 2013 4:24am | Report
Competitive fps on a console. now that's something

LiLPr0

Notable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 15, 2013 4:29am | Report
LiLPr0 wrote:

Competitive fps on a console. now that's something

I don't understand, are you trying to insult me? Yes competitive console gameplay, where the winning pots are bigger then any PC sponsored events. How about you stay on topic to the OP, because you look like pretty stupid right now.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Drellings » January 15, 2013 2:37pm | Report
"Competitive fps on a console. now that's something"

my first thoughts as well. You're are the dense one here if you honestly can't see the clear advantage of being able to have multiple actions combined into 1. I'm not "whining about helping others learn" i'm saying people that cant be bothered to play legitimately are pathetic individuals and a plague upon the gaming community. Just simply because you don't have the time to practice as much doesn't mean you wont learn i simply means you will learn slower. When people decide they are to good to practice and shouldn't have to practice to be good at something and resort to cheating its really a shame, and yes macros are cheating as its NOT a feature IN the game its a THIRD party program that gives an advantage to the player.

Drellings

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Drellings » January 15, 2013 2:41pm | Report
Also by using a macro controller to make you gun repeat the shooting process automatically is cheating as the weapon was designed in game to required 1 trigger pull per shot so by using a macro controller allowing more trigger pulls than would be humanly possible you are cheating. By humanly possible i mean in the situation you would not be able to reliably click 1 times every point 2 seconds for the time required to kill what ever you were shooting at while aiming as well.

Drellings

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Drellings » January 15, 2013 2:55pm | Report
"I don't understand, are you trying to insult me? Yes competitive console gameplay, where the winning pots are bigger then any PC sponsored events. How about you stay on topic to the OP, because you look like pretty stupid right now."

You look equally stupid, no one mentioned competitive console scene or competitive play in general until someone attempted to a page ago and that got shot down, so it's you who looks stupid. Another thing to think about is we are talking about macros in Dota a game that people play with a competitive mindset even in PMM not some random console shooter that 90% of the community that plays it couldn't care less if it died a week from now or not and another 8% of the them don't even know there is a competitive scene for that game.

stay on topic please, Dota, macros in dota, scripts in dota, and if they are a problem or not.

thanks

Drellings

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nryn » January 15, 2013 5:37pm | Report
Back then we never even use hotkeys. I used to be proud about being able to press legacy keys and the numpad for inventory faster than others.

Now scripts? that's just being too lazy.

also sure 2-3 games would be what it takes to learn a hero. but master it? that's different.

nryn

Notable (1)
Steam: rice_in_a_bowl

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved