Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Talk about Ursa

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Let's Talk about Ursa 62 posts - page 5 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » July 17, 2013 2:17pm | Report
Kyfoid wrote:

Too bad he is not here for you to ask him if it was intended towards psychology and the human condition, which is equally as probable.

Morals, etc.

Or DOTA 2 for that matter

here's one for ya

"Philosophy is to the real world as masturbation is to sex"
Karl Marx

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » July 17, 2013 2:24pm | Report
Apparently your issue is with quotes in general then because the reality is that quotes are taken out of context and exist as short phrases for a good reason, and that is because of their multi faceted and universal impact.

Aim is the argument at hand.

Ever listened to a good speech? it's not like the person improvised those key phrases on the spot.

They even speak louder in the time of those small key phrases as if they already know it will be quoted.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 17, 2013 2:29pm | Report
Atlas wrote:

Nationalism is part of the human condition. It still doesn't apply to dota or the argument in the least.

atlas actually is a philosoph :O

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » July 17, 2013 2:43pm | Report
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

-Benjamin Franklin

I just wanted to add to the quote fest.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Droes » July 18, 2013 12:37am | Report
I have a nother quote i wish to add to the list,

"How to you figure"
Life is really simple, but we insist in making it complicated.
~Confucius

Droes

Notable (3)
Steam: Goddamn Hippie
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » July 18, 2013 12:41am | Report
Droes wrote:

I have a nother quote i wish to add to the list,

"How to you figure"

I second that XD

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » July 18, 2013 1:45am | Report
After this thread, I looked up any other threads you've started; Holy ****. You post some ridiculous stuff. I don't know if you're COMPLETELY unwilling to listen to mathematical logic/advice from clearly better players... Or if you're just a level 9,001 troll.

I'll tackle your questions one at a time: Ursa potentially has the highest DPS in the game, sure. This is why he can Rosh so quickly. If he is not stunned, or weakened (enfeeble and such), or slowed, or disarmed, and his target stands completely still... Yeah, he's a DPS powerhouse. Unfortunately humans aren't Rosh

Second: Dotabuff is garbage. Okay, not GARBAGE, but not reliable. Why? Check this out: Top win rates right now: Warlock with 59%? SB with 59%? ZUES AT 57%? ZUES. ZUES. LIKE. ZUES. HERE'S A GUIDE TO NEVER LOSING TO A ZUES EVER AGAIN:

1. START DOTO
2. QUEUE
3. LET YOUR TEAM RANDOM
4. HUSKAR MIDDLE
5. NO "...", JUST PROFIT IMMEDIATELY

DotAbuff takes in almost every game. Every game that people allow it to, and that's not a good indication of what heroes counter whom. I remember when Bloodseeker was first introduced in DotA 1, and I was convinced he was literally the most powerful hero in the game. Who can beat him mid?! Oh, you just dual lane mid and grab a TP. Now he's trash tier. For the most part, players of average (or below) skill form DotAbuff, so it's not a fair representation of the game. I could almost immediately tell you why Ursa has 60% against Chen:

1. Teams of randoms aren't organized, which leads to excessively long ricefest games. Chen players hate these games. You need to end before carries get going.

2. Chen is hard to play, and people just suck with him.

Ursa doesn't need special counters. He's not worth countering. If you REALLY want to counter him, you don't need to make some sort of lane combo or anything. Plenty of heroes counter him easily. Obvious one would just be SD. Eat whoever he stomps, and ult when he BKBs. Ez kite, ez life.

Also, you can't just say "start with a wand". What if you're against Skeleton King? or Specter? Or Medusa?

Also, why have a Brewmaster/DS lane? it's silly. DS is going to take all of the farm with shell. Also, you know what counters DS completely? Crystal Maiden. Level 1 ice prison kills any creep for the first ten minutes of the game.

In short, stop trying to reinvent this game. It's been out since the beginning of time, and we're fortunate enough to have players 1,000,000x better than us do 99% of the figuring for us. That doesn't mean there isn't room for a LITTLE creativity here and there... But for the most part your ideas don't make a ton of sense, and when someone argues with you it ends up on a huge tangent.

Edit: I'm only referring to your first post. I can't go through all 5 pages right now. It's 4AM, which is my bed time. Also, you're a silly face. :3

Edit 2: I was going through a previous post in this thread, and seriously couldn't sleep after reading it. You say that MoM is for glass cannon carries and for closing gaps... That's why it's common on SB... wtf are you talking about? People get MoM on heroes that have a chance to proc something with a right click, but normally have slow attack speed to balance out that proc (SB, Void, Sniper) or heroes have a stun/slow skill and need to burst down with huge DPS immediately with their right click (SF, Sven). SB doesn't get MoM to "close a gap" You can press Q and close the gap on any hero in the game... At any point in the map... And they will not outrun you. People don't realize that when you ult with SB, you're in the middle of 5, so you're probably going to die. Personally I think MoM is a waste on SB. He's not tanky enough to use it correctly.

Now you're talking about Axe using MoM? You say that Q doesn't give you a level of "kill security". wtf is that? Axe doesn't get kills. He goes in, presses Q, sits there, and runs after 3-4 seconds. You realize that axe has NO benefits from right clicks, and by activating MoM after your Q, you're making a tanky hero NOT TANKY? Axe gets all of his damage from luck and helix. Not from MoM. He gets MS from W, so again no need for MoM.

I'm honestly half considering asking you to show me your double boots build in a game. Wanna scrim sometime? Add me and I'll stream it. I'm interested in seeing your philosophy/theories put into practice. Actually, I just played with Sneyking last night in a pug! I'll see if I can get some REALLY good players to come so you can reinvent the meta for them.

On a serious note, feel free to add me. My friends and I are always down for a friendly scrim.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » July 18, 2013 2:31am | Report
I will take philosophy lessons from Atlas any day compare to you Kyfoid. Atlas know what the heck he's talking about but you sure just sprout famous quotes anywhere you want, tainting their awesomeness in the process. Please reflect on your actions.

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » July 18, 2013 2:56am | Report

Edit 2: I was going through a previous post in this thread, and seriously couldn't sleep after reading it. You say that MoM is for glass cannon carries and for closing gaps... That's why it's common on SB... wtf are you talking about?

I did NOT say that it was for closing gaps, in fact, I said the exact opposite. Go get some sleep.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » July 18, 2013 3:11am | Report
Kyfoid wrote:

I did NOT say that it was for closing gaps, in fact, I said the exact opposite. Go get some sleep.

Are you sure?
Quoted:

For example, I fully understood that mask of madness was and is intended for glass cannon carries because melee characters must deal with the issue of closing the gap against ranged. This is precisely why you almost always see a MoM on a spirit breaker... he closes the gap period.

You don't even know what you're saying.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved