Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Storm Spirit now a badge of douche?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Is Storm Spirit now a badge of douche? 33 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 30, 2015 1:16am | Report
I love WR in pubs.
Mostly because it's really great against uncoordinated teams, it's versatile (you can call mid, then if your team picks 4 carries you can become a support) and people don't generally by MKB to counter her.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » June 30, 2015 1:26am | Report
so i coached a game last night....

this blood seeker bought a silver edge for ... and i quote.

"to stop wind from being able to miss my attacks"....

welcome to the trench people.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » June 30, 2015 1:44am | Report
Yep, Storm is, almost without exception, picked by complete wastes of oxygen. It's not that they are worthless sacks of ****. It's picking the hero that makes you not just a failure, but a pathetic excuse for a human being that deserves to be flayed alive and thrown headfirst into a vat of salt water. I can deal with him in captains... or if someone randoms him... but if you pick him in standard all pick, then I hate you, the team hates you, and your enemies love you because you feed. And god help you if you even DARE mention that little Storm-picking **** in my presence if you value the presence of your reproductive organs. **** that hero. With a rake.

I actually feel similarly about Windrunner, but that's just because I refuse to accept shackleshot as balanced. No-skill, undisjointable, 2 person 3.75 second stun with basically no cast point? Seems ****ing fair.

And here's a present for you. I have it bookmarked.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PrimarchXIII » June 30, 2015 7:09am | Report
I think the problem is the fact that trench tier players have it in their heads that it's 'Mid or GG'. The number of games ruined by people fighting over who's going Mid is ridiculous. If someone else picks a mid Hero just pick someone else, not throw a tantrum and lose the game before the battle siren even sounds because you're too stubborn or you have an inflated ego over your 'skill'...

P.S. I like KotL...as you can see, other players can make me grumpy like an old man too XD

PrimarchXIII

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » June 30, 2015 7:17am | Report
Very OP hero report Strom Spirit pickers kappa.

On Topic tho, 95% Windrangers I meet are douchebags - stealing farm or flaming or both, and when on enemy team, always pissing me off with that ******** attack damage and animatiion so you lose half HP in a few hits. Srsly Volvo? They once let me stay solo vs Windranger as Faceless Void because Shadow Demon's mom forgot to get him brains and it was so bad that Poor Man's Shield did nothing and I had to AFK farm for the rest of the game while... well, Storm Spirit created space and caried us. This WR wasn't a douche tho, when our "supports" started *****ing about their "carry" AFK-farming, she pointed that they let me stay vs her 1 on 1 and I am not to blame.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » June 30, 2015 7:31am | Report
If you want my personal opinion (and yes, I realize that no one does), it's more that in a lot of pubs, calling mid-lane is the badge of douche and Storm Spirit just happens to be the flavor of the month.

I have this joke I tell whenever my friends and I are queued up and a random pubby insta-picks Invoker: "GG, guys. He's gonna go mid, feed, play absolutely terribly, and then blame us for the whole thing." The number of times this joke has become a prophecy is uncomfortable.

When running Sniper mid was a thing he was the one everyone loved to see get wrecked because 'only douches played Sniper]. Same with Tinker before his massive nerf. The mid-lane is the perfect arena for horrible players to get their Dunning-Kruger on.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » June 30, 2015 7:44am | Report
Well I'm glad it's not just me...the sad thing is I remember the days when seeing your mid picking Storm Spirit meant they were a decent player...in the mechanical sense if nothing else. Now it means they're likely a whining AFK farmer who destroys both their team's morale and their carry's farm.

I think also a special mention to the Lich in my game yesterday - I'd randomed Chaos Knight (and could vaguely remember a build) and laned with a Skywrath Mage (a decent pub support, whatever next!) against him and Venomancer. We killed Veno pretty early and fortunately he left the lane. Sky then hit Lich with repeated bolts...and he started to whinge about it. Seriously, a Lich whinging about harassment!!?

Just looked at the dotabuff - even after all that ****ing about - Storm Spirit still had less XP than both his safe and offlane carries, the second lowest damage on the team, and the joint lowest kills on the team. Stun at level 10. High impact mid.

I'm not blaming the hero's vocal pack btw Hamster - he's had it for a long time and I always thought he was quite a cheery, cheeky chap.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » June 30, 2015 7:44am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

The most funny part is that the max Static Remnant AFK farming Storm build is only done by Singsing on stream to troll EternalEnvy, because EE has made up the build and it's pretty clear that Sing thinks that this build blows. That's why you see Sing saying "stun on cooldown" and pathetically trying to gank people with a Storm without stun :)

This is SO untrue. That build has been the most popular build amongst the best player for almost 2 patches. (check dotabuff, pretty much everyone expect s4 of best storm players goes for that build).
The thing is, yes it's mostly a build for farming, but who says you still can't get kills? You do SO much dmg at lvl 9 that it usually doesn't matter if the enemy starts teleporting. And you aren't always going solo for the kills... You TP into a lane after you farmed jungle or something and need regen, get a quick 1-2 kills and back to farming.
In higher skill games, mid doesn't always have to gank, just watch arteezy play lina mid (he's been doing it quite a lot on stream). He rushes a bloodstone and keeps farming in the jungle untill he gets 2 more items. Same thing is with storm, he can gank early, but if you just let him farm for 20-25 mins he is going to be a monster nobody can stop.
In lower skill games, playing like that is only going to get you 4 reports. "GGWP FF mid no ganks" is what you will see at 10-15 mins. That's why most people think that this build is ****, because they think think mids have to gank or they don't realise a farmed storm is going to be really scary.
Why do you think storm is put on the safelane is most of the pro games? Because it's safer for him to get farm there which he needs.

This might have been a little harsh, but I just needed to get this out of the way. I'm sick of people saying this build is ****...

EDIT: Also, you get your first point in vortex at lvl 10. You can reach that in like 10-12 mins...

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » June 30, 2015 8:06am | Report
Okay, I'm not getting provoked into this useless discussion on the max Static Remnant Storm build, so I'm out of this thread, the point of those threads is not to degenerate into sterile spam and Kyfoid style flame wars, which is literally all people ever do on this topic. Bye.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » June 30, 2015 9:12am | Report
Ok, back on topic...
I don't think heroes have anything to do with how people act.
I've seen people that flame as storm and people that are very nice as storm.
It's all up to the person, if you are a flamer, the hero doesn't mean anything, you're going to flame with CM, SF, or storm.
If you aren't a huge flamer, you will occasionaly get provoked into flaming and acting like a douche but you can see the difference beetween these two people.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved