Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help against Bristle

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Help against Bristle 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SonicCheetah » January 30, 2014 7:05pm | Report
Hi everyone,

Not here to flame the little bastard as I know I am a novice level player, but I need some help. I'm not sure what my record is, but when Bristle is on the other team I have to say my team loses most of its game.

What are some tactics to keep him in check? The guy is a tough nut to crack, but you can't just leave him because he gets jacked with his ult and can't chase down any stragglers.

Thanks in advance!
S.C.

SonicCheetah

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » January 30, 2014 7:17pm | Report
Dazzle!

It would also be a good idea to get a hero like Bane or Outworld Devourer to immobilize him in fights.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Manofchalk » January 30, 2014 8:16pm | Report
Magic Stick's and negative armour in a nutshell.
Magic sticks fill quickly with a Bristleback around, so you always have charges which can save you if used right. The dude mitigates damage against him through Bristleback and he is relying on that mitigation because without that he is not really that tanky. If you can nullify the effects of Bristleback through applying negative armour then he can go down without much fuss.

Slardar is a good hero against Bristleback I find, Amplify Damage him, Blink Dagger or sprint, Slithereen Crush, go to his front and start Bash'ing. If you have one or two heroes coming in after you, he wont last long with all that negative armour and the stuns keeping him from turning around.
"Windranger" is not how you spell Windrunner.

Manofchalk

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 30, 2014 9:47pm | Report
pretty insignificant Nerf in 6.80.not satisfied.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 31, 2014 12:55am | Report
Try using Lion's Hex, no Damage Block from Bristleback, no Spiked Quills, so you can unload everything on him safely while he's Toaded for 2.5 seconds (also Denies him Exp).

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Hex

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 31, 2014 1:25am | Report
Timbersaw can deal pretty well in the laning phase, in this scenario is often worth it to skill 2 points in whirling death, and try to hit him some more while the stat reduction is still active since this will really hurt him.

In teamfights a Bane is pretty good, or other spells that can hold him in place.
Or blow him up with outworld devourer :P

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » January 31, 2014 2:05am | Report
Manofchalk wrote:

Magic Stick's and negative armour in a nutshell.
Magic sticks fill quickly with a Bristleback around, so you always have charges which can save you if used right. The dude mitigates damage against him through Bristleback and he is relying on that mitigation because without that he is not really that tanky. If you can nullify the effects of Bristleback through applying negative armour then he can go down without much fuss.

This is the only thing you need to counter Bristleback, as long as you hold Magic Stick from the get go and lane against him, you should stop him from spamming Quill Spray which pretty much stops his pushing and harassment. Use this as the opportunity to harass him as he approaches creeps, you should be able to get about 2 hits off with any ranged hero and possibly 2 hits with a melee hero if you kite in the direction he will run when he gets the last hit.

In the case he does spam quill spray, let the charges build up and if you are at relatively full mana and hp and charges are full then upgrade into a magick wand. The charges will carry over and will help you significantly in any situation against him.

Note that this information is towards his early game.

Now suppose the game you did not stop him, the next best thing is to NEVER attack him from behind as he will reduce incoming via his passive Bristleback. Just remember to attack him directly head on, in the other posts that others have mentioned, reducing their armour is always great sine it will amplify physical damage. Best option is to get Atos to slow, euls to tornado him, sheep stick. IF you are not able to fight him 1v1 or he catches you slipping always carry a teleport scroll to escape since he has no stun.

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » January 31, 2014 3:13am | Report
Timbersaw the best counter to Bristleback and you should pick up a Magic Wand just like everyone said.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » January 31, 2014 3:34am | Report
i dont get why some here say that Timbersaw is a counter....i mean y...he got true damage. But i myself have played this matchup quite some time now and i never had any probelms, when playing Bristle.
I mean, Timber is annoying ....but not a real counter to Bristle.

For bristles mechacnis to work properly he has to be close to his opponents, so impairing his movement is a good way to deal with him. Long Duration slows and disables work really good vs him.

some heroes that can deal with him very well (from my experience)

Bane - Enfeeble basically renders his Warpath useless, and with Nightmare and Fiend's Grip you can set up ganks or save your teammates... the later one even drains some mana, which comes in quite handy in the early game. Brain Sap lets you exchange blows with Bristleback early in the laningstage and is a spell that can zone Brislte quite nicely .

Lich: almost like Bane without the hard-CC. Good harass and good ways to kite Bristle to death. Also denies Bristleback early gold and exp which make him easier to deal with in general --> Bristle has no escape mechanism or some hard CCs, so if he is out of position early, punish him. His Ice Armor also is very good, as it provides good bonus armor and a slow on hits.

Viper: Most annoying b*ll****-hero to play against as a bristleback imo. I dont hink an explanation is needed.

Venomancer: Basically same as Viper.

The key to "outplaying" Bristleback is to take his early game, as this hero actually is quite farm and level dependent. A Bristle without items or levels is really not that hard to bring down. Also, when playing against a Bristleback make sure to get - as already said - a Magic Wand, and ALWAYS carry a Town Portal Scroll

hope i could help

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 31, 2014 9:55am | Report
L0bstz0r wrote:

i dont get why some here say that Timbersaw is a counter....i mean y...he got true damage. But i myself have played this matchup quite some time now and i never had any probelms, when playing Bristle.
I mean, Timber is annoying ....but not a real counter to Bristle.

For bristles mechacnis to work properly he has to be close to his opponents, so impairing his movement is a good way to deal with him. Long Duration slows and disables work really good vs him.

some heroes that can deal with him very well (from my experience)

Bane - Enfeeble basically renders his Warpath useless, and with Nightmare and Fiend's Grip you can set up ganks or save your teammates... the later one even drains some mana, which comes in quite handy in the early game. Brain Sap lets you exchange blows with Bristleback early in the laningstage and is a spell that can zone Brislte quite nicely .

Lich: almost like Bane without the hard-CC. Good harass and good ways to kite Bristle to death. Also denies Bristleback early gold and exp which make him easier to deal with in general --> Bristle has no escape mechanism or some hard CCs, so if he is out of position early, punish him. His Ice Armor also is very good, as it provides good bonus armor and a slow on hits.

Viper: Most annoying b*ll****-hero to play against as a bristleback imo. I dont hink an explanation is needed.

Venomancer: Basically same as Viper.

The key to "outplaying" Bristleback is to take his early game, as this hero actually is quite farm and level dependent. A Bristle without items or levels is really not that hard to bring down. Also, when playing against a Bristleback make sure to get - as already said - a Magic Wand, and ALWAYS carry a Town Portal Scroll

hope i could help

The answer, in pubs bristleback's early potential is easily underestimated, while people suck at adapting skill builds with timber.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved