Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Game/Build Feedback

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Game/Build Feedback 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by burnz0083 » July 16, 2014 5:42pm | Report
Was looking for feedback on my build for this game.

I started with tangos, Stout Shield and Ring of Protection in a dual offlane - although I pretty much soloed as silencer was having connection issues.

My build went:
Tranquil Boots - Blink Dagger - Pipe of Insight - Heart of Tarrasque - Assault Cuirass - shivas guard

My question is, is this the optimal order for these items, are there others that would have been better e.g. Blade Mail, and additional heart over one of the armour items.
[/img]

burnz0083

Steam: burnz0083
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » July 16, 2014 7:41pm | Report
Against that Line-up I would've gone for a Hood of Defiance the most because there isn't a huge ton of magical damage.
AC is kinda pointless with a Troll Warlord on your team, Blade Mail would've been really good as they are mainly right clickers without a large health pool so if per say PA gets a high crit, you will most likely survive and she will be on low health.
A Heaven's Halberd would've been better than Shiva's Guard because it would stop PA or FV from attacking for some time. That or Ethereal Blade to stop them from attacking, however Ethereal Blade would make you susceptible to Skywrath Mage more so you decide.
Also if you had enough left over gold maybe sell your tranquils for Boots of Travel so you can help team mates out.

With your skill build, I would've gone Return>> Hoof Stomp and then max Double Edge simply for the return harass.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by burnz0083 » July 16, 2014 9:31pm | Report
Thanks for the feedback

Boots of Travel would have been my next item. I did consider getting Heaven's Halberd after I had got everything else, but was not sure what to sell to make room.
[/img]

burnz0083

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » July 16, 2014 9:38pm | Report
Zerak Kyria wrote:

Against that Line-up I would've gone for a Hood of Defiance the most because there isn't a huge ton of magical damage.

I think it was more for the Skywrath Mage but yeah when you're going against a lot of single target nukes you would've been fine with just a Hood of Defiance.

Zerak Kyria wrote:

AC is kinda pointless with a Troll Warlord on your team, Blade Mail would've been really good as they are mainly right clickers without a large health pool so if per say PA gets a high crit, you will most likely survive and she will be on low health.

As far as attack speed goes, yes, as far as the armor increase/decrease aura goes, no. You usually purchase Assault Cuirass for the attack speed. In my opinion I would've just skipped the AC altogether and grabbed that Shiva's Guard. Blademail, like you said, would also be a great choice.

Zerak Kyria wrote:

A Heaven's Halberd would've been better than Shiva's Guard because it would stop PA or FV from attacking for some time. That or Ethereal Blade to stop them from attacking, however Ethereal Blade would make you susceptible to Skywrath Mage more so you decide.

Heaven's Halberd or Shiva's Guard, Either works. Take the halberd if you want to shut down one agi carry completely and pick them off. If you wanna make chasing easier and hinder the entire team with movement and attack speed slows, grab a Shiva's Guard.

Zerak Kyria wrote:

Also if you had enough left over gold maybe sell your tranquils for Boots of Travel so you can help team mates out.

With your skill build, I would've gone Return>> Hoof Stomp and then max Double Edge simply for the return harass.

^ This.

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by burnz0083 » July 16, 2014 10:19pm | Report
So if my six slot looked something like this

Boots of Travel - Hood of Defiance - Blade Mail - Shiva's Guard - Heaven's Halberd - Heart of Tarrasque

So you are saying not to even bother getting one level of Hoof Stomp early. I like to have it just in case.
[/img]

burnz0083

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 16, 2014 10:47pm | Report
Quoted:
So you are saying not to even bother getting one level of Hoof Stomp early. I like to have it just in case.

Nope, he means your first point should be Hoof Stomp, followed by 1 into Return and then maxing Double Edge. Also, later into the game, there is no reason not to upgrade the Hood of Defiance into a Pipe of Insight (unless you are saving for buyback). The BoT's have alreay been discussed, so no need to remind you again.

What I would have liked to see is some sort of evasion on you (a Heaven's Halberd or a Butterfly even), or maybe even a second Heart of Tarrasque for even more Return damage, since Troll Warlord already had Whirling Axes (Melee), though Faceless Void cannot miss in the Chronosphere, I don't see him as being the problem.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by burnz0083 » July 16, 2014 11:15pm | Report
Quoted:
Nope, he means your first point should be Hoof Stomp, followed by 1 into Return and then maxing Double Edge.

Yeah I normally get one in Hoof Stomp, two Double Edge, one in Return then max Double Edge.

Quoted:
though Faceless Void cannot miss in the Chronosphere, I don't see him as being the problem.

No he definitely wasn't a problem.
[/img]

burnz0083

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 17, 2014 2:59am | Report
burnz0083 wrote:

My build went:
Tranquil Boots - Blink Dagger - Pipe of Insight - Heart of Tarrasque - Assault Cuirass - shivas guard

My question is, is this the optimal order for these items, are there others that would have been better e.g. Blade Mail, and additional heart over one of the armour items.

Tranquil Boots -> Blink Dagger is thes best way to start, but I would have skipped the Pipe of Insight and just gotten a Casual Cloak, since there's almost no Magical Damage on the other team, only Skywrath Mage produced any worth noting, and he would be best Countered with a Blademail.

Your team did however, need Armour, so Assault Cuirass was a smart Pickup, but getting a Vladmir's Offering would have done the same thing for less. Shiva's Guard is always a good Pickup on Centaur, but while Heart of Tarrasque is an incredible Item on Centaur, there's usually something more important to get, i.e. it should never be picked up before a Shiva's Guard.

I'd recommend something like this:-

You can replace Vlad's with AC though, it's a judgement call tbh.
burnz0083 wrote:

Yeah I normally get one in Hoof Stomp, two Double Edge, one in Return then max Double Edge.

What he means is, you should take your 1st point in Return at lvl2. Having lvl1 Double Edge isn't worth much tbh, but having a point in Return is going to make you harder to Harrass while you gain some levels.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » July 17, 2014 3:43am | Report
the team man....they had 1 bkb on the other team and your invoker decided to go right click damage..against pa, tide and void, that was stupid. I would have liked to see a bkb on troll, that would have won you fights being able to completely ignore skywrath and continue to beat on people after Ravage

Moving to you, skill build said above, getting pipe is what ruined your mid game, you didn't have the items you needed for damage by then all you had was pipe, I could understand that against lich or something but they only had skywrath mage who is single target, a cloak or at the most a hood would have been better
as for items: I think halbeard would have been better than shivas as it would give more single target lockdown which you needed vs pa. if you had 2 on your team she could only purge one with manta which renders satanic useless, easy kills on her, also the evasion would be good as void was not the problem.

Thats pretty much it
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » July 17, 2014 4:44am | Report
It's already been said, but pipe wasn't necessary. I'm not sure blademail would be all that good though, unless the Sky was targeting you (while he should be targeting the no-bkb troll).

Sheep is better than stacking survivability. Heart and shiva OR AC is more than enough, at that point you should be building utility or damage, whichever your team needs more (utility in this game).

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved