Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Favorite Lane partner?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Favorite Lane partner? 39 posts - page 2 of 4

Poll Question:

Which of these is your favorite safelane support friend if your a farming carry?
Keeper of the Light
Abaddon
Ancient Apparition
Chen
Crystal Maiden
Dazzle
Earthshaker
Io
Lich
Pugna
Rubick
Other, please specify
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » November 23, 2014 1:26am | Report
Dazzle is the best.Can save you,heal you,stun them,reduce armor,great attack animation,great damage,late-game presence cannot be under-estimated.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 23, 2014 3:11am | Report
If im playing with a friend and want farm then lich for sure. Keep in mind we are talkibg strictly about the early laning stage.
If we want to be a bit more agressive then chrystal maiden.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 23, 2014 7:36am | Report
Io, Lich, or Kotl.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperKamiGuru2.0 » November 23, 2014 7:53am | Report
Dazzle is awesome as a lane partner

SuperKamiGuru2.0

Steam: TheFabulousHunter
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Spacecat » November 23, 2014 12:32pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Pugna is not a support. if played as one he is actually really weak in lane. :P

He can ****in trade his own health to heal his teammate get out of your rock

Spacecat

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 23, 2014 2:02pm | Report
Spacecat wrote:

He can ****in trade his own health to heal his teammate get out of your rock

yea so? healing has nothing to do with being a support. mek builders like viper arent supports, necrophos isnt a support.

and you only get it at level six, how does being able to heal someone at 10 minutes make someone a support?

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 23, 2014 2:23pm | Report
Well there are people playing support Necrophos and support Pugna and they're winning games with it.

> 80% winrate with support Necro here, about the same with support Pugna. Experience speaks better than words, people could say pretty much whatever they want it won't change my mind.

It's like those people who used to say that Zeus isn't a support because he has no stun, and now everybody is playing support Zeus in Dreamleague.

A support isn't just a walking stun who ganks at level 1. Having good lane presence, being mostly farm-independent and scaling well from their skillset alone are very important as well.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 23, 2014 2:39pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Well there are people playing support Necrophos and support Pugna and they're winning games with it.

> 80% winrate with support Necro here, about the same with support Pugna. Experience speaks better than words, people could say pretty much whatever they want it won't change my mind.

It's like those people who used to say that Zeus isn't a support because he has no stun, and now everybody is playing support Zeus in Dreamleague.

A support isn't just a walking stun who ganks at level 1. Having good lane presence, being mostly farm-independent and scaling well from their skillset alone are very important as well.

sure but thats mainly in low level pubs. if you try that at even a mediocre level like 3k mmr captains mode you end up a useless squishy hero. its just that low level carries are bad at farming and supports get more farm then they should have. + necro just has kind of a hero that pubs cant handle just like abbadon and ommniknight.

the lots of zeus and elder titan are support are mostly there because its really popular to run a clear 5 position with no farm and a really greedy 4 position. but they both provide much much more utility with giving vision and damage then necro and pugna. necro has the aura but he is really bad from behind, and pugna is a strict pushing hero who falls off pretty damn hard, especially if he cant get items.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 23, 2014 2:43pm | Report
I have played that stuff in 4-5K MMR stacks. Allow me to disagree.

Necrophos is a semi-jungler like Sand King. SK gets 9-10-minute blink and he doesn't need to steal farm in lane. Same for mek on necro.

Pugna is a nuker. Just like every nuker he only needs HP to stay alive, that's it. The pushing power is the same. Besides he can farm very efficiently as soon as the laning stage ends so mek-Aghs is easy. Get Soul Ring, stack jungle or clear waves, ez gold.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » November 23, 2014 2:54pm | Report
I don't think you can really say one; it totally depends who you're laning with and against!

E.g. If you're Razor, an Earthshaker can be a great ally if the opponent can't bypass Fissure. Lich can be a great foil for a Faceless Void by getting him space and keeping the lane under control. A hero with great lane presence 1v1 might just want a Sand King who semi-jungles and occasionally turns up to gank.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved