Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Disabler, Escape, Initiator

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Disabler, Escape, Initiator 45 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » September 7, 2013 8:53am | Report

hey kyfoid you should be given a nobel prize for smartness ofcourse since its defo opposite day....

I don't think that would ever happen, even on Opposite Day.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » September 7, 2013 10:17am | Report
No team is perfect, for example the one listed here is very squishy - hence vulnerable to nukers, disablers, silence and if caught out in a team fight. You've also got 3 heroes who's best position is mid, and no real combination for a tri-lane. Nice team fight combos though.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » September 7, 2013 10:28am | Report
Oh, hi, Kyfoid. How long has it been?

Anyway, I'll not get into Double Boots and why Dark Seer is not a carry and talk bout your combo.:

So, before that, arguing the fact that one team consists of five players, I'll remove Faceless Void because I don't like him.

Now, let's start.

You can't stomp everybody. In early game, everyone of your combo is squishy so if they can take you out by that time, you're a goner.

If Storm Spirit manage to dominate his lane, and Naga Siren manage to get the farm and Puck does supporting very well, there's a high chance you can win.

I don't really like your combo however, because there are too many mid heroes and no lane-supports. Maybe swap Batrider and Storm Spirit for Crystal Maiden and someone else then maybe you'll have a chance.

In the end, it'll still boil down to who you're facing...

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » September 7, 2013 4:19pm | Report
Yasutsuna wrote:

Oh, hi, Kyfoid. How long has it been?

Anyway, I'll not get into Double Boots and why Dark Seer is not a carry and talk bout your combo.:

So, before that, arguing the fact that one team consists of five players, I'll remove Faceless Void because I don't like him.

Now, let's start.

You can't stomp everybody. In early game, everyone of your combo is squishy so if they can take you out by that time, you're a goner.

If Storm Spirit manage to dominate his lane, and Naga Siren manage to get the farm and Puck does supporting very well, there's a high chance you can win.

I don't really like your combo however, because there are too many mid heroes and no lane-supports. Maybe swap Batrider and Storm Spirit for Crystal Maiden and someone else then maybe you'll have a chance.

In the end, it'll still boil down to who you're facing...

Dude first off to the OP, Hades is the furthest thing from a troll, and one of the reasons you can post opinions on the forums here, respect the moderators please.

And to why I quoted the previous post, you have a conflict with your lanes, unless that batrider is gonna strictly jungle to rush a blink dagger, in which case you still have puck floating as well as storm, because its safe to assume dark seer would be your off lane hero.
If you're going to lane void, drop puck, you have a bat, and dark seer, and pending storms lane performance, you may be able to pull off a 4 protect 1 strat, void won't be contributing very much early on, but will be able to pick off heroes on occasion depending on positioning and ultimate timing. Although if he chronos all 5 you really don't have very much other than ion shells and batrider stacking napalm and possibly hitting firefly after Chrono ends.
If you wanna chain together abilities more effectively around void, I'd probably go with some more heavy aoe, maybe an enigma instead of batrider? Midnight pulse would do some effective damage inside a chrono, than your have more insurance with black hole actors Chrono expires, depending on your vacuum timing either before or after chronosphere
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » September 7, 2013 6:04pm | Report
Oooh, this is going to be fun, brb popcorn!

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » September 7, 2013 6:51pm | Report
Meh, kyfoid's statements don't have the "spirit" in them, you know?

I'm going to completely ignore the DS carry statement.

Though having escapes and being able to initiate is nice, those are not what decide a game. On paper, Enigma, Tidehunter, Dark Seer Faceless Void and Jakiro seems like a good team, but in reality the amount of teamfight ults they have is simply overkill.

Therefore, rather than focusing your whole team towards those, it is overall better to get 2 or 3 for good teamfight control and then augment the components of a team that you lack I.E heroes who do not need farm (supports)
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » September 8, 2013 7:10am | Report
Hopefully the people of this forum realize that when the statement is made that one can carry with dark seer, this does NOT mean that one necessarily has carry items....

So don't get this foolish idea in your head that you already have of dark seer using physical damage gear.

With the speed at which he can farm a dagon and his mana pool, he can spam dagon as a harassment tool.... note that the cool down on dagon gets less and less....

With spamming/harassment power of this magnitude, you might say that the dark seer would be a carry of carries of sorts... it's a power worthy of being put in the same category of carry.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » September 8, 2013 7:22am | Report
Double boots is just a way to hunt people down early game with speed that can hold the ion shell on the opponent, heal from harassment since you are melee, and guarantee some last hits a little better.

No it doesn't stack but the % from phase will enhance a higher base with tranqs. You could get Eul's after tranqs and then finish with a pair of blades in to phase boots and then REALLY see the powerful effect that phase can have.... I do this because I like casting speed on my allies rather then myself, this gives us a way to be fast together.

After all....

"Speed is the heart of battle" - Dark Seer

At least he agrees.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by saifthedestroyer » September 8, 2013 8:02am | Report
oh god porygon thats so true O_O
i rush mask of madness and basher on puck :3

saifthedestroyer
<Editor>

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » September 8, 2013 8:45am | Report
You know what, kyfoid, to make you see why is dark seer not suit to be a true carry, I propose you going one a match with one of the players here. I can bet with you that dark seer can be easily outcarried

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved