Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Countering Witch Doctor's ultimate

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Countering Witch Doctor's ultimate 30 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Therapy » October 13, 2014 11:45am | Report
Global Silence

Therapy

Notable (4)
Steam: Therapy
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » October 13, 2014 11:51am | Report
Anyone who can stun from afar ( Jakiro, Earthshaker) or blink in close and stun ( Slardar, Centaur Warrunner ) is a good counter. Also any form of physical damage immunity (Windrunner, Ghost Scepter) will make it useless, but your team will still have to deal with it.

Against a BKB Doctor it's somewhat trickier. You either have to bait the ult and then gtfo, or have a magic immunity-piercing spell like Fiend's Grip, Primal Roar, or Doom that will cancel channeling.

All it takes is a mini-stun, though. That means even an MKB and a little love from RNGesus can ruin his ult.

I haven't watched the game but it seems like a channeling ult wouldn't be too difficult to stop at the pro level. He must have had a good overall team comp, that's what the doctor really needs.

Does anyone know where I can watch the ESL One matches? I was originally going to buy a ticket but ended up being gone during it.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 13, 2014 2:54pm | Report
Fumbles16x wrote:

Anyone who can stun from afar ( Jakiro, Earthshaker) or blink in close and stun ( Slardar, Centaur Warrunner ) is a good counter. Also any form of physical damage immunity (Windrunner, Ghost Scepter) will make it useless, but your team will still have to deal with it.

Against a BKB Doctor it's somewhat trickier. You either have to bait the ult and then gtfo, or have a magic immunity-piercing spell like Fiend's Grip, Primal Roar, or Doom that will cancel channeling.

All it takes is a mini-stun, though. That means even an MKB and a little love from RNGesus can ruin his ult.

I haven't watched the game but it seems like a channeling ult wouldn't be too difficult to stop at the pro level. He must have had a good overall team comp, that's what the doctor really needs.

Does anyone know where I can watch the ESL One matches? I was originally going to buy a ticket but ended up being gone during it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/esltv/videos
here you go!

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » October 14, 2014 1:53am | Report
They also have a twitch channel with all the games from the comp on, ESLOne (or ESLTV) i believe, cant link cos at work though...
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sgt. Jimmy Rustles » October 16, 2014 3:19pm | Report
Fumbles16x wrote:

Huh, it's physical damage? I didn't know that. That means that if you had a hero with good magic based attacks, Hell, Lion's Finger of Death, you could really do some damage there with the extra damage Magic Attacks deal.

Sgt. Jimmy Rustles

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masterchun » November 15, 2014 11:46pm | Report
Perhaps I'm responding a little late. Correct me if I'm wrong; from my understanding and my experience with crimson guard, the passive block does not prevent witch doctor's ult, but the active skill should actually block it.

masterchun

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Spacecat » November 23, 2014 12:44pm | Report
OK IVE FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morphling.
Witch Doctor pops the ult. First, morph(strength gain) a little, Waveform right next to Witch Doctor and adaptive strike quick. This will interrupt the channeling.

Spacecat

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » November 23, 2014 12:55pm | Report
early game all long range stuns and silences counter it, but when BKB is up it's harder. You'll need a Chronosphere or Netherswap or another BKB piercing interrupt.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » November 23, 2014 1:14pm | Report
How about Warcry? Also good versus Exorcism.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » November 23, 2014 1:17pm | Report
If you put in Warcry I think Weave is better

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved