Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Countering Witch Doctor's ultimate

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Countering Witch Doctor's ultimate 30 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 23, 2014 1:18pm | Report
Anti-Mage I think is really good, both Mana Void and Blink- Abyssal Blade stun through BKB.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » November 23, 2014 3:13pm | Report
The way to counter Witch Doctor's ulty is to buy armor since Death Ward deals physical damage. Others way is through stun lock Earthshaker, Tidehunter and silence Doom, Silencer etc. And stuns that go trough Black King Bar: Mana Void, Abyssal Blade, Omnislash, Nether Strike etc.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » November 23, 2014 3:29pm | Report

If you put in Warcry I think Weave is better

Actually not. Weave needs a significant amount of time to be useful, while Death Ward is (or at least should be) casted with a surprise effect, and Warcry provides your allies with 16 armor without a need of waiting.

Look. Even Dazzle with Aghanim's Scepter and level 3 Weave will take 9 seconds to grant your team with 15.75 armor, which is still lower than what Warcry can make immediately. Death Ward lasts 8 seconds at best, which is very rare to see. In 8 seconds, in best circumstances Weave will give you 14 armor. Also, remember that you are getting only 1.75 armor each second. On the other hand, Warcry gives you 16 armor and movement speed, and you dont need farm and levels on your position 5 support, but (at worst) level 14 on your 1st/2nd position carry, or position 4 support.

Warcry also has a nice radius, and you just have to click the ability, instead of pointing it on the ground. In those clutch moments you gotta have things working for you right now. There is no time to wait when Doctor is doing his dance.

On paper Weave looks better, but we all know, that this is very unlikely to have the enemy Witch Doctor use his ult when Weave is at it's peak.

In practise, Warcry is just a better ability against Death Ward than Weave. I am perfectly sure of it.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 23, 2014 3:32pm | Report
Guardian Angel is better xD
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 23, 2014 3:37pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Guardian Angel is better xD

in the words of actionslacks: how do you feel when i press R and your ultimate becomes useless? =D

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 23, 2014 6:19pm | Report
...no love for Ghost Scepter?

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » November 24, 2014 8:52am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

...no love for Ghost Scepter?

That's so overrated. Just like it is against PA...
(sarcasm)

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by connor4893 » November 29, 2014 6:43pm | Report
The easiest and most reliable counter to a core WD is Omniknight. His ult grants immunity to physical damage.

connor4893

Notable (2)
Steam: Shame Spirit
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Spacecat » December 1, 2014 1:09pm | Report

early game all long range stuns and silences counter it, but when BKB is up it's harder. You'll need a Chronosphere or Netherswap or another BKB piercing interrupt.

Death Ward works inside Chronosphere

Spacecat

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by neutr4lion » December 1, 2014 1:51pm | Report
Spacecat wrote:

not if Witch Doctor is in it

neutr4lion

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved