Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

collaborative match with Bunkansee

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » collaborative match with Bunkansee 25 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 19, 2014 4:46am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

I dont agree with fighting them, without manta and diffusal your damage isnt that impressive yet.

The main thing to practice is your micro, you should have about 2X the amount of lasthits at that point. Along with your manta and diffusal. Just remember to get the manta early.

You rate Manta Style much more in that game than it should have been worth it. When Invoker drops the hammer, the illusions die anyway. Manta illusions die even faster. Butterfly was the right choice, but he needed a Black King Bar too.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 19, 2014 4:59am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

You rate Manta Style much more in that game than it should have been worth it. When Invoker drops the hammer, the illusions die anyway. Manta illusions die even faster. Butterfly was the right choice, but he needed a Black King Bar too.

I can tell from just this comment then you have never played radiance naga.

Manta gives good dps, farm speed and massive map controll. And you dont want to get it becouse IF invoker lands his combo your illusions die. And that also relies the naga player clumping up all their illusions and not microing them apart from select+attack move.

Im sorry to say this wulfstan but you dont have the experiance with naga to give tips in this thread.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 19, 2014 5:27am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

I can tell from just this comment then you have never played radiance naga.

Manta gives good dps, farm speed and massive map controll. And you dont want to get it becouse IF invoker lands his combo your illusions die. And that also relies the naga player clumping up all their illusions and not microing them apart from select+attack move.

Im sorry to say this wulfstan but you dont have the experiance with naga to give tips in this thread.

You're right, I only played once as radiance Naga, (game right here http://dotabuff.com/matches/545132216 As you can see, I didn't really care much about the rat, and microing my illusions, the weave + song + tombstone combo is way too good not to use it).

However, I am only talking about this particular matchup, in this single particular game. If not Invoker, then the follow-up aghs Witch Doctor (which he didn't get to buy cause the game was over) would have melted them all with the bounce.

You are following the game way too linearly here, it's like saying that an item is universally good on a hero no matter what the circumstances. Plus, I'd rather have 3 illusions that can evade attacks, than 5 that die in a pinch, since by that time, the game wasn't about rating anymore, it was about defending agaist the Radiant's siege.

And you shouldn't be sorry, you are right (to a certain extent - meaning I still stand by my point).

An example I can give is yesterday's game actually, Newbee vs EG (game 1), where RTZ was top farmer even after 7 deaths on the naga. Did it matter much? No, because when the teamfight came, her illusions were melting, that if she wasn't doomed already. The Linken's was a bad buy, since she wasn't the #1 target to doom, Mason was priority one imo, side by side with Universe.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 19, 2014 5:56am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

You're right, I only played once as radiance Naga, (game right here http://dotabuff.com/matches/545132216 As you can see, I didn't really care much about the rat, and microing my illusions, the weave + song + tombstone combo is way too good not to use it).

However, I am only talking about this particular matchup, in this single particular game. If not Invoker, then the follow-up aghs Witch Doctor (which he didn't get to buy cause the game was over) would have melted them all with the bounce.

You are following the game way too linearly here, it's like saying that an item is universally good on a hero no matter what the circumstances. Plus, I'd rather have 3 illusions that can evade attacks, than 5 that die in a pinch, since by that time, the game wasn't about rating anymore, it was about defending agaist the Radiant's siege.

And you shouldn't be sorry, you are right (to a certain extent - meaning I still stand by my point).

An example I can give is yesterday's game actually, Newbee vs EG (game 1), where RTZ was top farmer even after 7 deaths on the naga. Did it matter much? No, because when the teamfight came, her illusions were melting, that if she wasn't doomed already. The Linken's was a bad buy, since she wasn't the #1 target to doom, Mason was priority one imo, side by side with Universe.

I this particular matchup the biggest problem was that he was underfarmed becouse he isnt good at micro yet, no item was going to change that. But seeing how good his radiance timing was his manta should be up very early into the game.

But who know he might not have used the manta to great effect. But in wn ideal situation you want the manta. The biggest thing is that you have less down time on your illusions, you dont have to use all at the same time. You use mirror image first to repel a push and after that you still have manta illusions to stop the next.

If you want to fight you dont get travels and maybe not even randiance, and you get diffusal heart manta in the order that suits the game.

If you play radiance naga then you PLAY radiance naga. Give them no change to push and destroy them solo when you are six slotted.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 19, 2014 6:04am | Report
Since these Naga games are all so terrible, here's a mediocre Naga Siren game to show you how it's done! 8{D

http://dotabuff.com/matches/631127483

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 19, 2014 6:17am | Report
Quoted:
If you want to fight you dont get travels and maybe not even radiance, and you get diffusal heart manta in the order that suits the game.

This is the problem, nobody said he wanted to fight, he was forced by the flow of the game to do so, and even better, he had a real chance, because his team had more than decent teamfight with the split betwen the QoP, Undying and SF (even CM, but Freezing Field gets disrupted very easily)

He has to defend, he can't just be like : Ok guys, well I'll just keep on fending off the inevitable push, while you just stand in the base as 4 defending against it, because, he would be the only one getting the measly farm, while his team would get nothing, and the enemies have the entire map to farm up on, exactly what Newbee proved, the war of attrition.

What I am trying to point out here is that in the defence, and I mean the teamfight, because once you are out of illusions, enemies will push in, the Butterfly would make a whole bigger difference than the Manta Style.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 19, 2014 6:42am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

This is the problem, nobody said he wanted to fight, he was forced by the flow of the game to do so, and even better, he had a real chance, because his team had more than decent teamfight with the split betwen the QoP, Undying and SF (even CM, but Freezing Field gets disrupted very easily)

He has to defend, he can't just be like : Ok guys, well I'll just keep on fending off the inevitable push, while you just stand in the base as 4 defending against it, because, he would be the only one getting the measly farm, while his team would get nothing, and the enemies have the entire map to farm up on, exactly what Newbee proved, the war of attrition.

What I am trying to point out here is that in the defence, and I mean the teamfight, because once you are out of illusions, enemies will push in, the Butterfly would make a whole bigger difference than the Manta Style.

One does not simply get forced to fight as naga siren. -Boromir 2014

The thing is for HIM in this game, yes maybe the butterfly would be better, i should watch the entire game for that, but you should always aim for manta if you go radiance, the thing hindering him was his limited micro and farming skill.

My point is that you can farm and fend of the push while the rest stays in base and does very little. That is what naga does so well.

He wants feedback to improve for next games, not replay this exact game, in a situation that he got in becouse he didnt play well. It seems like he was farming 1 wave at a time.

So what you need to do as naga next time is farm more waves/camps with radiance so he is prepared for a comeback, get a manta, repel all pushes, be six slotted, rek face.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » July 19, 2014 7:41am | Report
This is all great advice, and i'll admit I'm only AVERAGE at micro'ing Lone Druid.

As for farming skill? At that point in the game (whether I wanted to or not) it was gank or get ganked harder. If I spent any time farming (even in jungle) their void was roaming with supports who bought smoke as soon as it was in stock. I realised getting butter might not have been my best move only after I bought the Eagle song

One does not get forced to fight as Naga? Well... That doesn't seem entirely true. One could say you don't get forced to fight with ANY hero, but you do anyway.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 19, 2014 8:12am | Report
Ill check out the replay if i can, but just by looking at the dotabuff it doesnt seem you were that far behind especially for that far into the game, and it looks like creepwave shenanigans could save the day.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 19, 2014 8:14am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Ill check out the replay if i can, but just by looking at the dotabuff it doesnt seem you were that far behind especially for that far into the game, and it looks like creepwave shenanigans could save the day.

Please don't watch me in it, twas an appalling game on my part, ping was so bad.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved