Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bristleback is not a Tank

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Bristleback is not a Tank 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » October 10, 2013 9:28am | Report
I think that mek would be solid, but maybe not ON him... Ask a support to pick it up. People have to put SOOOO much extra damage into hurting bristleback... my most hated thing about bristle as a support player is: When I waste all of my spells to damage him, stay on him, keep spamming on him... Then pops wand as he runs... "I've come this far. Might as well keep committing. Wand is down" keep diving, then he is meked by his support past tower.

Mek is amazing for BB, but it's not his responsibility to buy it, you know? He needs a few items to be able to survive in team fights for quill and snot spam. Try to get a support to pick it up.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » October 10, 2013 10:33am | Report
I opt for a drum first item on Bristle, and for some reason I'm the only person that I know that does it. A. It solves his mana problem. B. It stacks well with him, the added movespeed helps and gives him a bit of tankability.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 10, 2013 10:46am | Report
A good pick to make him even more durable and effective in fights, and even fix his mana problem's is Vladmir's Offering.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/300708723
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » October 10, 2013 11:02am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

A good pick to make him even more durable and effective in fights, and even fix his mana problem's is Vladmir's Offering.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/300708723

TLDR: Vlad's is situational, but applicable in a lot of games.

I'd rather just get a Medallion on him if I needed mana or the armor, The Vlad's really makes you starve for mana in protracted fights, and long fights are BB's forte. That's not to say its not a decent pick up on him, a little regen for both mana and health, and an aura that his ult takes a lot of advantage from. I'd only pick it up if I had a similar team composition as you had in your game where 4 of us can make use of auto-attacks decently. That game looked like a Lifestealer stomp though, 3 enemies still had boots of speed.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » October 10, 2013 3:13pm | Report
I am sorry but I have to mention it. Dagon. It's the perfect item for him as it can add to his mana and stat pool as well as add a decent Nuke for Bristleback to use. It's just such an amazing item in general and on him.

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » October 10, 2013 3:44pm | Report
And just when I thought this was going to be a reasonable thread...

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » October 10, 2013 5:46pm | Report
What I usually build on BB
Power Treads, Drum of Endurance, Armlet of Mordiggian, Heart of Tarrasque and Satanic :d

Hand of Midas might be a nice item on him since he's very lvl dependent, and his dmg comes from ulti stacks.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » October 11, 2013 5:02am | Report
Pu12e wrote:

I am sorry but I have to mention it. Dagon. It's the perfect item for him as it can add to his mana and stat pool as well as add a decent Nuke for Bristleback to use. It's just such an amazing item in general and on him.

Faith in humanity...fading...

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved