Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

About current meta

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » About current meta 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » October 20, 2014 4:31pm | Report
Yup. I played Medusa once, got caught in my jungle.

Activate Stone Gaze
Turn around
Split Shot
Mystic Snake
Right-clicks

EZ TRIPLES PEOPLE!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sgt. Jimmy Rustles » October 20, 2014 6:55pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

Ember Spirit in current meta.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/972581120

Outworld Devourer in current meta.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/972449150 (1x rampage/4x ultra kills)

This meta is defs about being greedy.

ember is a snowballer that falls off late mid game but jumps into top spot late game with good crit's.

OD is insane mid to late game he just needs farm.

medusa needs farm alch needs farm.

6.82.... i call it

The "Greed is Good" patch.

I like OD, but the issue is, he gets silenced, he's kinda screwed. Or if the opponent has a good quick hitter with BKB, it sucks.

Sgt. Jimmy Rustles

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » October 20, 2014 7:50pm | Report
a good OD player can work around that.

look at their team.

Lina burst stun and dat ult. plus high intel.

Puck silence burst mobility.

Drow 6 second silence high damage output.

Sand King stun and mobility.

Phantom Assassin is a natural BKB carrier.

When playing OD you need forcestaff or Euls in ALL cases.

a maxed astral can take you out for 4 seconds, a forcestaff can give you 3 to 4 seconds grace.

OD is tougher since he builds a sycthe and Shivas so he has high armour and hp.

i see a lot of OD's fighting when they dont have mobility and they get thy're face REKT.

this game i stayed in lane till level 8.

a BKB can be kited it just requires smarts.

stuns can be kited it just requires quick fingers.

i played an OD game where they had a 5 BKB team. we won with final score or 19-2-10

plus yea he gets silenced he's out but with force staff or euls or even better BKB ... they just wasted a silence.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sgt. Jimmy Rustles » October 20, 2014 8:09pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

a good OD player can work around that.

look at their team.

Lina burst stun and dat ult. plus high intel.

Puck silence burst mobility.

Drow 6 second silence high damage output.

Sand King stun and mobility.

Phantom Assassin is a natural BKB carrier.

When playing OD you need forcestaff or Euls in ALL cases.

a maxed astral can take you out for 4 seconds, a forcestaff can give you 3 to 4 seconds grace.

OD is tougher since he builds a sycthe and Shivas so he has high armour and hp.

i see a lot of OD's fighting when they dont have mobility and they get thy're face REKT.

this game i stayed in lane till level 8.

a BKB can be kited it just requires smarts.

stuns can be kited it just requires quick fingers.

i played an OD game where they had a 5 BKB team. we won with final score or 19-2-10

plus yea he gets silenced he's out but with force staff or euls or even better BKB ... they just wasted a silence.

Hmm, I should get Euls as well. I always build Forcestaff, BKB, and Scyth of Vyse.

Now, do you put in a point into Arcane Orb early, or do you build it late?

Sgt. Jimmy Rustles

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » October 20, 2014 8:19pm | Report
i have tried the point early but with the nerf to him in the 6.7 patches he needs higher points in his aura or he just burns through his mana pool so quick.

i dont like fighting him early i have done so in the past and i feel he just doesnt have enough damage or sustain to do so.

my skill build against a painful mid is : w-e-w-e-w-e-q-e-r-w-r-q-q-q-s-r

i try not to leave lane until level 8-9.

my skill build against a easy mid is different : w-e-w-e-q-w-r-e-q-w-r-e-q-q-s-r

one point at lvl 5 is when you should have boots and null talisman and you hurt so your high harass is amazing since one hit should do around 60-100 pure damage.

skill build is

brown boots into null into treads into forcestaff into scythe into bkb into shivas into luxury or situational.

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sgt. Jimmy Rustles » October 20, 2014 8:31pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

i have tried the point early but with the nerf to him in the 6.7 patches he needs higher points in his aura or he just burns through his mana pool so quick.

i dont like fighting him early i have done so in the past and i feel he just doesnt have enough damage or sustain to do so.

my skill build against a painful mid is : w-e-w-e-w-e-q-e-r-w-r-q-q-q-s-r

i try not to leave lane until level 8-9.

my skill build against a easy mid is different : w-e-w-e-q-w-r-e-q-w-r-e-q-q-s-r

one point at lvl 5 is when you should have boots and null talisman and you hurt so your high harass is amazing since one hit should do around 60-100 pure damage.

skill build is

brown boots into null into treads into forcestaff into scythe into bkb into shivas into luxury or situational.

Yeah, he's not an early fighter really. Though I did once, with the point in arcane orb, get a mid sniper first blood. And then it all steamrolled from there. 11/0 Hard Carried as OD. That was a good game.

Sgt. Jimmy Rustles

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » October 20, 2014 10:40pm | Report
With the changes to Essence Aura do you think that W-E-W-E-W-R-W-Q instead of W-E-W-E-E-R-E-Q is a legit build? I haven't played much Outweed Dankvourer recently.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » October 20, 2014 11:20pm | Report
i personally like at least three points in astral because it gives more mana and intel steal and your not going to be spamming your orb till later anyway so i would think a w-e maxed first with a point in q&r each by level 10 is a really solid build against most heroes.

but you still need at least 3 points in essence before getting your orb because RNGESUS IS NOT A NICE GOD!!

seriously rnjesus hates me i need at least 3 points in essence or i find myself without mana .... much anger very hate .

with od i play so ******** passive early game i just astral as much as possible and last hit and deny as much as poss then once i have force boots and null plus level 10 (around 10-14 mins)...

its time to bring the pain. this period is when you shine like a star since most heroes wont have bkb and your going to hurt so ******** much.

force staff astral then drop the hammer on two or more and just stukka dive to clean up the leftovers.

gg wp.

you have around a 10 minute window from 14 mins to 24 mins when most wont have bkb or any real right click damage so this area is when you have to bend them over and assert your dominance. if you dont then your going to ****ed ... and not in the good way.

TL:DR

stay safe till 3 core and 10. then MLGNOSCOPEBLAZE420GETREKT for around 10 mins. then if you have done your job just finish them.

gg wp

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 21, 2014 1:25am | Report
The change to essence aura doesn't alter OD's build.

Only thing it does is make it less RNG dependent but in average the mana restored is the same.

You need to get to the point to which your max mana is over 1000 and max aura, at which point you can put Arcane Orb on autocast because it will restore more mana than you spend.

So either you have the early DPS build (1/2/4/1) which actually allows you to get kills, or you have the AFK farm harassment build (0/4/4/0) xD
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » October 21, 2014 5:49am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

The change to essence aura doesn't alter OD's build.

Only thing it does is make it less RNG dependent but in average the mana restored is the same.

You need to get to the point to which your max mana is over 1000 and max aura, at which point you can put Arcane Orb on autocast because it will restore more mana than you spend.

So either you have the early DPS build (1/2/4/1) which actually allows you to get kills, or you have the AFK farm harassment build (0/4/4/0) xD

This ^

P.S. updated Essesnce Aura on the Database. 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved