Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.84 Patch Analysis

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.84 Patch Analysis 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » April 28, 2015 8:04pm | Report
Troll is the most undernerfed hero in this patch. They barely tweaked his early game so he isn't such a threat in lane, but didn't even touch the parts of the hero that make him OP. 2 seconds of ult is nothing when he still gets max fervor stacks during that and can use it 3 times in a single push.

Now we get to ho ho ha ha at Sniper instead of vice versa.

Riki, Pudge, and Techies buffs, muh pubs.

Oracle is probably the craziest buff (yes, buff) of the patch. The cooldown is a much needed nerf, but it's still really good at lvl 3. The constant debuffing effect of the new False Promise ACTUALLY MAKES YOU INVINCIBLE. You can no longer just get locked down by aoe stuns, you just get to deal damage as much as you want. Oracle + Huskar OP

Alchemist - it's actually like they let a group of preshcoolers redesign this hero. Wtf. Farming support meta confirmed.

Juggernaut and Troll Warlord are still probably the best carries in the game. You get more gold for being active around the map and ganking, meaning early fight carries are a lot better. Phantom Assassin also gets an indirect buff from this.

Mid/Carry Leshrac is officially a thing with Octarine Core. Honorable mentions are Timbersaw and Zeus, though they will still be played offlane and mid, respectively.

Pugna was already pretty good, but still got a healthy dose of buffs. We'll have to see how that turns out I guess.

Storm Spirit - Why would you nerf the movespeed of a hero who doesn't even walk? His laning phase is weaker now, but that's it. A little tougher to blindly zip into Rosh, etc. Still too strong imo, needs nerfs on what he can escape from with Ball Lightning.

Morphling got a very interesting agh's upgrade. It's now really good with any illusion hero and bursty CC hero for initiation. Probably going to see more offlane/mid Morphling, and since ET got some buffs, more of the Titan as well to counter him.

Lifestealer is officially back, but I don't think he's a carry anymore. Tanky initiator I think. Farm blink, maybe Vanguard or Armlet of Mordiggian and then get a scepter to start ganking everywhere with your full team. Zeus to reveal enemies, disabler swallowed by LS, then everyone ported by Io. Too stronk.

Aghs is really good on Centaur Warrunner now imo. It functions as a better escape AND initiation now, so I like it. Luxury item for sure, but still good.

God, so many changes. I don't want to talk about items or mechanics, those are just my thoughts on some heroes.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » April 30, 2015 5:55am | Report
Sniper's nerf affected one of his counters, pa. Sniper was still picked against pa because his headshot could never miss, but now that it can, sniper lost his one advantage against pa. Pa is now a full counter to sniper

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » April 30, 2015 7:02pm | Report
I don't understand why no one is talking about Weaver, with this aghs he is gonna be so ******** strong as a offlaner! Desolator price went down, and I believe it is pretty good on a weaver to melt towers. His solo pickup potential is really high with deso! Plus, aghs.

So he is kind of like a rat semi carry semi utility. I think it can fit lineups that needs a bit of damage output, a bit of utility and a bit of pushing power.
This is the first thing I try when the update actually updates.
Add a Mask of Madness with your Desolator and bye bye t1?
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 30, 2015 7:21pm | Report
CapnDaft wrote:

I don't understand why no one is talking about Weaver

It's actually pretty legit. The reason Weaver has such a stupidly strong skill as Time Lapse is because he's squishy as hell and deals no burst damage...but imagine any tanky / bursty hero in the game having this skill.

Medusa with Time Lapse...full HP and mana instantly.
Storm Spirit with Time Lapse...OP
Spectre with Time Lapse...OK we're in broken territory now. I want to play that combo.
Bristleback also
Slark with Time Lapse...jump in, get AGI stacks, and get lapsed back. Rinse and repeat until you have 200 AGI stolen.
Phantom Assassin...jump in, kill one guy, and lapse back. Huskar also.
Riki with Time Lapse...if you can't focus him down Riki is pretty damn broken.

Pretty much all the best Aegis of the Immortal carriers in the game get a free Aegis on a 20 minute cooldown with a Weaver in their team. I remember seeing some Time Lapse abuse in ability draft...was OP as hell.

Weaver is a perfectly legit offlaner especially now with his aghs.

And... Refresher Orb Weaver new meta? Now imagine that Spectre with a refresher Weaver running around to Time Lapse her twice, with a Satanic and an Aegis. GG boys...to kill her you'd have to take 6000 AOE pure damage :)
Special mention to Terathiel who said previously that Aghs Weaver was a bad idea...immortal Spectre sounds just so stupid.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » April 30, 2015 7:32pm | Report
Yup! Plus I think mask of madness would be legit on him even if he is super squishy. Imagine, that plus a desolator? With about 5k gold you deal a crazy damage output and can melt towers! Just don't pop the MoM all the time because you're gonna die, but otherwise it sounds awesome!
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved