Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Windranger game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Windranger game 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Haloon » March 30, 2015 11:36am | Report
Hi lads.I allways liked Windranger but never could do decently with her because i got no idea how to build her. So i had this game http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1359657805 i started as dire safe line solo vs centaur,and was doing pretty fine i think till i reached 11-1 score if i recall it right,and then i just started to fall down hard .Maybe thats because of my build? Should i've switched dager to critical or something else ? Any other opinions about this game ? HALP PLX senpai

Haloon

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 30, 2015 11:56am | Report
Well there's no way in hell you can win a 80 minute game against Medusa and Doom, especially since you had 5 heroes that peak in the mid game, no hard carry, and hardly any teamfight. To be honest I really dislike your lineup, I think the picks are terrible, way too many solo gankers and not enough teamfight.

Only way to win a game like that with Windranger is to use the pushing power of the hero to end the game around 30-40 minutes. After that you're screwed. So get Rosh, and push enemy base. You let the game go wayyy too late, until the point where it's just unwinnable.

Windranger is also really good at split pushing, especially since you probably lose teamfights against Dusa and Kunkka anyways.

Your items were fine. I think dagger is great even in the 6-slotted build especially since you had abyssal. If the game goes that late anyways against a Dusa, your're mostly there for the split push, so keep blink.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Haloon » March 30, 2015 12:06pm | Report
Although they were my friends ( except zeus ) seems that they dont even care about anything.I had hard time convincing lina not to buy that damn dagon.Mirana denied aegis just for laugh and riki was...well,just riki.I was pushing lines but my team got rekt by kunnka so hard,that i allways had to go and help them.And on late game i told em save damn gold for buy back,aha you wish.. Even tried to rat,but my ginger got stomped hard . About abysal. It was my first time when i got abysal on wind,and realised that she goes to mele range to stun, dunno why i thought it would do it at range,so maybe MKB would be better on her ? Or its just against evasions?

Haloon

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 30, 2015 12:15pm | Report
No no, Abyssal is a great item on WR. You blink in, stun at melee range, and then chainstun with Focus Fire.

MKB is only good against evasion, otherwise crit and/or abyssal are better. Only evasion they could have is Butterfly on Dusa, and she disn't have one (centaur halberd doesn't really count). So abyssal was good.

Generally when you pick a team with absolutely no teamfight against 5-man heroes like Dusa or Kunkka AND you lack the ability to rat (ratting with WR against Doom kind of sucks), you're pretty screwed unless you snowball and finish the game early. Snowball dependent heores like Lina, Zeus or Mirana who can't get kills is pretty sad.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » March 30, 2015 1:12pm | Report
Blink Dagger is always a good Pickup on Lyralei], even in the Late Game. It allows you to position yourself for 2-man [[Shackleshots, Blink into Trees to TP out when you're Split-Pushing.

Hamster pretty much covered the rest, game went too long against Hard Carries.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Haloon » March 30, 2015 10:07pm | Report
Thanks a lot guys for your responses ! And what about my skill build ? Was it wise to max all 3 skills before taking ulti? My thoughts was,that i'll get more from other skills than from ulti.But now i think,that if i would had early ulti,that might helped me to push faster .

Haloon

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 31, 2015 3:02pm | Report
Haloon wrote:

Thanks a lot guys for your responses ! And what about my skill build ? Was it wise to max all 3 skills before taking ulti? My thoughts was,that i'll get more from other skills than from ulti.But now i think,that if i would had early ulti,that might helped me to push faster .

You either get 1 point into at at 6 if you have a decent push lineup, or at 8 when you have 2 in shackle, 4 in powershot and 1 in windrun. There's also the possibility of getting it at 10 and 11 (2 levels into it so you have level 2 ult by level 11). It's really situational, depends on what the enemy line-up is, what your line-up is, and how they both fare.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » April 1, 2015 10:29pm | Report
I like getting Rod of Atos. The slow makes ganking easy, 20 INT give a nice dmg boost and the HP bonus is good too.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 2, 2015 12:18am | Report
Who is Windranger? Is she that Hero with the skill called 'Windrange'???

I'm so sorry...
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » April 2, 2015 3:08am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

Who is Windranger? Is she that Hero with the skill called 'Windrange'???

I'm so sorry...

You sly son of a b!#xh.

Copyright issues. I cant help it m8.

Anyways, onto the WR build.
In your particular match

I can suggest
Diffusal
Blink
Linkens
Aghs
Boots
Abyssal

And then I can say what Hamstertamer has already told you.

Windy as it goes late, should be played like a midgame terrorblade. Your team fights the enemy? Go take a rax.
They want rosh?
Go take a rax
They want base race, you can take base faster!
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved