Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

When you just know....

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » When you just know.... 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 26, 2014 5:09pm | Report
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1051088436

look at that line up. so much early game. so ******** much.

i knew straight away we wouldnt win early game. i just kept saying to my team.

minute 1-29

"just relax" "find some farm" " dont overextend we have this late game" "just turtle"
" dont push as 5" " just keep some pressure on the lanes then back of straight away"
" relaxxx we will win this" " just get you core items up" " dont defend that tower"
"wait till ravage is down then go" " dont fight while tide hunter is there" " make sure we take the tombstone down first" "just relax let them take the tower were gucci"

"just turtle"

minute 30.....

"LETS *** **** UPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

this game just was ... awesome. i knew exactly what to do "strategy wise" to win the game.

i saw there line up and i saw ours and i instantly knew how to plan out the game and how to play it as a team and what to do. i think this game was the one when i really felt that i UNDERSTAND enough about dota to predict a game correctly.

my eureka moment.

i knew when we should push. i knew when we should fight. i knew that we had to pressure some lanes and i knew when we had to back. i saw how things would go and i saw what we as a team had to do.

the best thing about it.... the team listened to me.

ive got over 1800 games played.

BUT it was this game was when i knew.... im no longer a Noob.

dat feel boys ..... Dat feel.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 26, 2014 5:48pm | Report
Welcome to the club...except I achieved this at around 1500 Games with Luna 8{3

It's one of the reasons I love playing her so much, she's flexible enough to be build for focus on Early, Mid or even Late Game as required and I can tell when the "peak" is for winning the game. <}3

The "peak" being the time frame at which I can outperform the other Team, whether it's by joining a strong Deathball and Pushing hard, joining every fight with a fast Drum of Endurance into Black King Bar, going for the Mid-Game with a Hand of Midas for a faster lvl11 and 16, or Ratting until the other team loses the ability to control me. <}3

You realise this also means you now get to enjoy the frustration of seeing your Teammates waste advantages and put the game squarely in the other team's favour...right? 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 26, 2014 6:02pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Welcome to the club...except I achieved this at around 1500 Games with Luna 8{3

i had glimpse's of it from around the 1000 game mark. i had brief flashes of "eureka" but this was the first time ... it lasted through out the whole game. it was ... awesome.

Xyrus wrote:

You realise this also means you now get to enjoy the frustration of seeing your Teammates waste advantages and put the game squarely in the other team's favour...right? 8{3

.... pain is real.

especially when your playing the best you have ever played and your team is losing it and your KNOW what to do to win but no ... no one does it ... argghhhhhhh

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 26, 2014 9:00pm | Report
Sorry to kill your enjoyment but looking at that gold graph, i don't think them radiants capitalized on their early game advantage. The graph is skewed towards you side from the start(aside from some. Small turns). Oraybe it was because of your eureka... Nvm i might be wrong.

I had my eureka moment at the time i had just left trenches. It was nearabout when terrorblade was released. Their whole team was based on bloody teamfight with void, tidehunter and skywrath mage.
My team was a group of sissies who wont even fight(aside from me). Luckily as it happened the turnaround came when we were defending the last rax. While we pushed to their base and they respawned and halfway my team scurried back like bunch of rats!

But i knew! It was some kind of hand on the brain moments.
I solo'd them. And seeimg me solo them, my mates came(they still did nothing, they wnted to hit the ancient nothing else) amd when i was low, i sundered the damn mate sand king who won't use ulti the whole game. Killed the damn team, ended the wretched game and proceeded to whale on my mates on all chat.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 26, 2014 9:15pm | Report

Sorry to kill your enjoyment but looking at that gold graph, i don't think them radiants capitalized on their early game advantage. The graph is skewed towards you side from the start(aside from some. Small turns). Oraybe it was because of your eureka... Nvm i might be wrong.

^ that was because we skirted fights. they were constantly looking to fight from 6 minutes in. so i just told everyone to look for safe farm. they pushed top tower ? fine, farm jungle bottom. they push mid? dazzle and cm go give them some pressure while me, invoker and pa farm. oh they are coming top?? rotate bottom push lane. they might have got towers but the whole early game they were looking to fight and we were just slipping around them not letting them fight. which starved them of exp and gold. if we defended we would have lost. if we had not farmed and did what i said the gold graph would be very different. the eureka moment was because from the very start i knew what we had to do to win. :D

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 26, 2014 10:02pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

^ that was because we skirted fights. they were constantly looking to fight from 6 minutes in. so i just told everyone to look for safe farm. they pushed top tower ? fine, farm jungle bottom. they push mid? dazzle and cm go give them some pressure while me, invoker and pa farm. oh they are coming top?? rotate bottom push lane. they might have got towers but the whole early game they were looking to fight and we were just slipping around them not letting them fight. which starved them of exp and gold. if we defended we would have lost. if we had not farmed and did what i said the gold graph would be very different. the eureka moment was because from the very start i knew what we had to do to win. :D

I get it.
Has happened to me more than once.I remember a time when i out-drafted the whole enemy team completely in captain mode. Don't know why i just figured out their agenda from the bans. they wanted to recreate that bloody farming siren with radiance and run interference and i just knew. We drafted Ember Spirit as carry and nightstalker as #2. sure, she got radiance(35 mins LOL) and we killed everyone till then. then we grouped up and ended the damn game. As it happens, one of the best game of my life. Great teammates, we coordinated and communicated like a dream.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 27, 2014 3:51am | Report
Why cant i have good experiences???????

Man im sad
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 27, 2014 8:54am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

i had glimpse's of it from around the 1000 game mark. i had brief flashes of "eureka" but this was the first time ... it lasted through out the whole game. it was ... awesome.

Oh yeah?! I started to Glimpse it around 800 Games! >8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » November 27, 2014 9:09am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Oh yeah?! I started to Glimpse it around 800 Games! >8{D

I Like this joke. Maybe it is the mustache.
Now i am gonna join the mustache club.
>8{D

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » November 27, 2014 9:18am | Report
I played a lot of league before DoTA, so i have been having these feelings since around my 300th game.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved