Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What to devour

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » What to devour 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by shroy » November 10, 2013 6:03am | Report
Hey guys as u would have understood from the title i wanted to know everyones opinion on which creep is most suitable or has worked perfectly for u when u jungle?
personally i prefer the centaur as it gives u extra attack speed but that requires me to buy a salve so theres 115 g wasted so ur opinions pls

shroy

Steam: ShauRya
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » November 10, 2013 6:19am | Report
I usually eat the wildkin and use the tornado to kill stacks, the wolf to hit harder and help my team with pushing and such or the troll for the trap gangs. Centaur stun also is great with Blink Dagger.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 10, 2013 7:18am | Report
The red satyr is great for jungling becouse of the regen aura.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sprout » November 10, 2013 7:50am | Report
I like wildkin early for stacking / the armor (since doom has such terrible agi start + gain) but once you start roaming or pushing either troll or centaur. Wolf late when you have items.

Sprout

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by shroy » November 10, 2013 7:54am | Report
never tried wildkin..will do next game and see how it goes

shroy

Steam: ShauRya
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » November 10, 2013 8:13am | Report
The frost armour is pretty good (cheap easy jungling), as noted some of the big/medium creeps are handy for their auras, but always always Alpha Wolf once the game starts going later - easily worth a couple of thousand gold to your team.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 10, 2013 10:06am | Report
Nobody mentionned the small troll that heals.For 5 mana, you heal 20 HP.That's quite a lot, and it's cheap too.The ghost that slows for 30% is good too, it gives 15 damage and the slow.

The small satyr purges for 5 seconds.Which is insane.As Sando said, the frost armour is cheap at jungling, however, the best jungling experience you could have is with the troll.You kill a small guy, make skeletons, the skeletons tank.

The wildkin is good too, but you have to stack, and while stacking, you might get ganked.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 10, 2013 1:42pm | Report
I;m surprised no one mentioned Alpha Wolves...

30% (Base Damage) increase from Command Aura which stacks with Vladmir's Offering's 15% increase. Useful for Heroes that usually buff their Primary Stat rather than going for Bonus Damage, e.g. Anti-Mage, Luna, Tiny, etc..

It is always the most useful when you have enough Crowd Control in the Late Game.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » November 11, 2013 3:01am | Report
Yeah, alpha wolves are definitely there.

Scorched Earth is there for the survivability you need, and who needs large amount of survivability if the creeps are dead anyway?

Not to mention it's what you should have late game for the DPS.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 11, 2013 4:08am | Report
samukobo wrote:

Yeah, alpha wolves are definitely there.

Scorched Earth is there for the survivability you need, and who needs large amount of survivability if the creeps are dead anyway?

Not to mention it's what you should have late game for the DPS.

Whoops, reread OP and just realised, he was asking about the Jungling Phase ._.

In that case, I'd say the Dark Troll Summoner, if you're Bottle Crowing, The Summons are useful for Tanking, and the Net is useful for Ganking

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved