Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Vlads or MoM

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Vlads or MoM 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThePipersSon » March 9, 2016 2:34am | Report
Ok so being starting to play dotos again after a fallout 4 induced break and been playing Ursa and got to ask what do u guys think is better Vladimir offerings or Mask of Madness?? I think i get the advantages of each the lifesteel on swipes for vlads and attack speed for mom(but not so much the extra damage to ur cause of ulti) so which is best guys??

ThePipersSon

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nukers united » March 9, 2016 5:33am | Report
Vlads is usually better than mom cause it gives regen stats and some other things that are really helpful and mom just increases ur atk speed and moves peed by a tad bit which u don't really need much of either cause u r q is a slow and w is an atk speed steroid so Imo mom is better but I've gotten helm sometimes and it also works great for stacking and checking rosh pit

nukers united

Notable (4)
Steam: Touka Kirishima
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » March 9, 2016 6:18am | Report
I actually think that you shouldn't upgrade your Morbid Mask on Ursa except in the situations where the upgrade would be good. But mostly you can get away with only the lifesteal to do rosh and to jungle and than spend your money on more usefull items than just a lifesteal upgrade.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » March 9, 2016 6:35am | Report
In the past I thought Mask of Madness was awful on him but some pros did it (don't ask me how, I don't watch pro games that often).
But I mean you always get 20% lifesteal and the movement speed sounds good too although I would only consider it in very rare cases.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » March 9, 2016 9:42am | Report
It's a bit of a tricky one really. Ursa needs lifesteal, and has the damage from his passive to make it work from early on.

- MoM leaves you more vulnerable, and you don't especially need the attack speed due to Overpower.

- Vlads. Useful because of the pushing stats on top of the mana regen (actually really useful on him), but isn't a particularly '6 slotted' item.

- HoTD. Possibly into Satanic. Yes, this is possible now Fury Swipes is no longer a UAM. However, doesn't particularly need or use ancient stacks that well, or need the armour. V good super late though.

I personally still tend to build Vlads on him almost because of the Ring of Basilius into Morbid Mask build up being pretty useful early on. But I haven't really tested the other options much.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » March 9, 2016 10:19am | Report
MoM is a risky pickup, on one hand, it makes it so your fighting a lot less around the cooldown of Overpower, it speeds up Ursa's farm, gives him a cheap source of the movespeed stat (which is the most important stat for Ursa) and it can give you a secondary attack speed burst that Enrage will protect you from. However, one little thing about the MoM's interaction with enrage.

It's additive, not multiplicative. Having enrage and MoM active at once will make Ursa take 50%, not 26% (0.2x1.3=0.26). That means that MoM can still easily backfire on you a lot more than you think it can, and it's just not as efficient as it would be on someone like Dusa.

Probably want to stick with Vlads if you're pushing early, since the auras are nice for that. MoM gives you a higher chance to snowball with kills, and its potential for it is respectable. If game is gonna go late, a HotD to stack some camps (whether hard for yourself, or ancient for someone else on your team that can farm it) will do you good too.

edit: Additive.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sugarhill_gank » March 9, 2016 11:07am | Report
Careful, MoM is addictive :D

sugarhill_gank

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 9, 2016 1:45pm | Report
Fair point Cuttles about the damage reduction stacking additively. Again a completely counter-intuitive feature of dota...

Both Vlads and MoM are viable on Ursa, depends on game. The thing with Ursa is, you need Blink Dagger ASAP so there's no place for Phase Boots or upgrading your Morbid Mask. You need blink before that stuff. Sometimes the best build is to skip lifesteal completely and go plain Boots of Speed into Blink Dagger. You can go vlads or MoM *after* that, but at that point it's a detail, not an important decision in any way.

Your impact as Ursa depends completely on your blink timing, any other item is essentially irrelevant in comparison.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThePipersSon » March 9, 2016 11:38pm | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

It's additive, not multiplicative. Having enrage and MoM active at once will make Ursa take 50%, not 26% (0.2x1.3=0.26). That means that MoM can still easily backfire on you a lot more than you think it can

thx for the info/clarifying the math helpful

michimatsch wrote:

but some pros did it

Yea that's were i first saw it RTZ playing Ursa

not sure that classifiers the issue but thx for the opinions and perspectives all the same

ThePipersSon

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by adityamakhi » March 14, 2016 9:21am | Report
Hey man
until you reach the level of like 5K go vlads trust me cuz it also benefits your team a lot
Armour regen both health and mana plus and early basi is good for lanes
MOM pros do it cuz the other 4 players can manage it on their own shanghai major saw it as i guess the only build on ursa by RTZ but hey u aint pro for attack speed overpower is enough and movt speed there is a reason why blink is core and you get phase boots and no extra damage in the late game go for sata selling it
Anyways GG

adityamakhi

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved